Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

Hi!

I finally was able to install the "real" realtek driver from realtek. But i have a problem getting an ip address.

First i had the problem not showing i had a cable in at all. So i enabled boot rom and now it shows the cable is connected. So that seems to work just fine.

But now i don't get a correct IP from my router. I get a fine ip on my XP.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

Any one try streaming music to an airport express?

my built in 8111c works besides being able to use airtunes (file sharing and bonjour are fine). Music plays but playback suffers. Its like parts of the songs have been cut out, but there is no break in the music. Happens at random intervals.

My set up is

Hackintosh (10.5.1 vanilla) wired to Airport Extreme(N) and Airport express(n) joining network wirelesly. My legit macs have no issues streaming the shared music library(hooked up to extreme via usb)

If you are having problems with this driver, use this official Realtek driver (or at least it seems like it):

ftp://210.51.181.211/cn/nic/RTGMac_v1.1.6.zip

Used it on Leopard and Tiger with RTL8111B, 0 problems.

Using it with 8111c with leopard

one problem - airtunes music streaming is messed up. Sound comes out sounds ok, but chops out pieces of song. Any luck with Streaming music?

I've read through this thread and there are A LOT of different suggestions for drivers. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

I have a Realtek 8111C onboard LAN that worked OOB. It is on an EP45T-UD3LR board. However, Bonjour is not working. How do I get bonjour working? Which driver is suggested?

Nevermind! Sorry-- lack of sleep.

Like I said, I have a GIGABYTE-EP45T-UD3LR and am using a full retail install with Chameleon on 10.5.7, only extensions I have added are HDAenabler.

My Realtek 8111C was working out of the box, or so I thought! When I was trying to use the iTunes remote app. on my iPhone I realized I was missing Bonjour support. After re-reading the second half of this thread I decided to try out the (Psystar) Realtek 8111C drivers that are found in links in this thread. I installed the Psystar kext to my /System/Library/Extensions folder, and rebooted. I am getting 10Mb down, so I am not worried about speed issues, and Bonjour is FIXED for me.

This is my lspci entry:

04:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller [10ec:8168] (rev 02)

Thanks everyone. :shock:

Anyone else getting this?....

Works 100% after boot but, if there's no network activity for 3 minutes.

Safari says Network connectivity problem and internet stops.

If i goto System Preferences and Network and Ethernet it says Network Card state unavailable.

If I select OFF on the ethernet, than hit apply, than switch it back to DHCP and hit apply it reconnects, gets an IP and I'm back on. So there's some issue that the driver messes up, when it goes into standby state?

Anyone know how to resolve this? Anyone seen this?

I don't remember having the problem when I had the voodoo kernel installed. Though I haven't tested it. I am currently running 9.6.0 (default kernel) in IDeneb v1.4 Install.

Thanks for any help.

• 3 weeks later...
OK! I SOLVED THE PROBLEM!

Please write it on the first page: The Mac OS can't "power up" the network card. If it's not powered on, than Mac will say: No cable is plugged in and can't use. But if the lan boot rom is enabled the bios switches it on and everything works fine.

The boot is a bit longer because of the rom, but after than it's surely on.

This worked for me running Kalyway 10.5.1 on a Dell E310. Network worked fine for a while, then stopped out of nowhere, preferences said "cable unplugged".

Rebooted, ran BIOS setup, enabled LAN boot (I think its called PXE in BIOS settings), now everything's fine.

I have a 10.5.7 install guide for the GA-EP45-DS3L, which uses 8111C, where any extra kexts are in Chameleon RC1's /Extra/Extensions and the retail install remains untouched. However, the install had a problem with Bonjour not working correctly with the onboard ethernet, and hence I found this topic.

And here I have found a fix for my problem using the recommended Psystar R1000 kext but I didn't want to use it in /System/Library/Extensions. So I have managed to get it working from /Extra/Extensions by also adding it's required dependencies to /Extra/Extensions. These are 'IONetworkingFamily.kext' and 'IOPCIFamily.kext'. This might not be ideal for everybody, but for this purpose, it's great.

So thanks. ;)

I would just like to add that the Snow Leopard alpha has native support for my R8168B ethernet adaptor, and it does not suffer from the issue of having to have the cable plugged in before boot that I noticed with R1000. So there is native support for these chips coming up. =]

Like I said, I have a GIGABYTE-EP45T-UD3LR and am using a full retail install with Chameleon on 10.5.7, only extensions I have added are HDAenabler.

My Realtek 8111C was working out of the box, or so I thought! When I was trying to use the iTunes remote app. on my iPhone I realized I was missing Bonjour support. After re-reading the second half of this thread I decided to try out the (Psystar) Realtek 8111C drivers that are found in links in this thread. I installed the Psystar kext to my /System/Library/Extensions folder, and rebooted. I am getting 10Mb down, so I am not worried about speed issues, and Bonjour is FIXED for me.

Thanks everyone. ;)

Did you try wake on lan? My experience on that with this driver has been negative.

Any one try streaming music to an airport express?

my built in 8111c works besides being able to use airtunes (file sharing and bonjour are fine). Music plays but playback suffers. Its like parts of the songs have been cut out, but there is no break in the music. Happens at random intervals.

My set up is

Hackintosh (10.5.1 vanilla) wired to Airport Extreme(N) and Airport express(n) joining network wirelesly. My legit macs have no issues streaming the shared music library(hooked up to extreme via usb)

Using it with 8111c with leopard

one problem - airtunes music streaming is messed up. Sound comes out sounds ok, but chops out pieces of song. Any luck with Streaming music?

There is for a long time know a new version !

RTGMac_v2.0.0

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...p;GetDown=false

Or a Psystar version Realtek R1000.kext 1.81 for these NICS: RTL8168, RTL8111, RTL8169, RTL8101

http://www.psystar.com/static/RealtekR1000_1.8.1.kext.zip

:(

• 2 weeks later...

for some reason i cant get this to work, mayby i killed something as i can ping 127.0.0.1 but not the router

never-mind i worked it out ( there was a spec of dust inside the port and that was stopping connectivity )

has anyone had any luck with a gigabyte ud5? I have tried everything i could find in this thread and still no luck. Who knows maybe i'm trying all the wrong things haha, any pointers in the right direction would be GREATLY appreciated.

Realtek 8168/8111D NIC.

In system profiler there's nothing under network info, and in system preferences all i have is a firewire connection that just showed up? I enabled Lan boot rom in bios and have tried the R1000 kext. As well as RTG 2.0. Any ideas?

Cheers

Hello.

I'm new to this forum and searched the forum and google until I got a headache. I just installed Kalyway_Leo_10.5.1 on a DG41TY board and of course, the LAN does not work.(Realtek RTL 8168D(P) I don't know anyone who has experience with this kind of stuff (my friends only do Linux) and I followed the guide on this page.

Of course I replaced what I had to replace, got no error messages, but I still see no result.

How do I go about this?

Every help would be appreciated.

FIGURED IT OUT! DUUHH

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone using the Psystar driver and hooked to a gigabit network?

When I check my ethernet properties its set to Half Duplex.

If I manually config the NIC and set it to Full Duplex, after I save it reverts back to Half Duplex.

If I don't use the Psystar driver and just use the stock apple network driver, I get Full Duplex and better transfer speeds to my NAS unit. But, of course Bonjour stuff is flakey.

So, anyone using the Psystar driver on a gigabit network have their NIC set at Full Duplex?

has anyone had any luck with a gigabyte ud5? I have tried everything i could find in this thread and still no luck. Who knows maybe i'm trying all the wrong things haha, any pointers in the right direction would be GREATLY appreciated.

Realtek 8168/8111D NIC.

In system profiler there's nothing under network info, and in system preferences all i have is a firewire connection that just showed up? I enabled Lan boot rom in bios and have tried the R1000 kext. As well as RTG 2.0. Any ideas?

Cheers

There is a new RTG 2.03 which workt for me, same as this IONetworkingFamily.kext

Good luck

(By the way in some situations on this mobo LAN could disappear. Solution : plus of the power for some time and after don't plugin the lan cable before reboot !)

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip Put it in S/L/E or in /Extra/Stored_Kexts ( depends on if you use this script install http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149505

(By the way in some situations on this mobo LAN could disappear. Solution : plus of the power for some time and after don't plugin the lan cable before reboot !)

Could you please explain what the solution is again, I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. Thanks in advance !

Could you please explain what the solution is again, I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. Thanks in advance !

I meant "Plug off " the powercord for a little while or push to "OFF" the button on the powersupply for 15 sec.

(The blue "CLR-MOS" light behind the case goes off)

This is a known issue with this mobo on OSX

Hi to all...

I've had a problem with my Lan my Onboard is Realtek 8102EL (full HW specs are in my signature)

My lan used to work, untill I accideantally updated to 10.5.8 and now I have no Lan...

ANyone tried installing this driver and worked??

Pls... would really appreciate instrucions for a noob...

I'm stuck with this problem!!...

Cannot get my rtl8169s gigabit card to work, it doesn't even turns on!, don't know what to do anymore, tried every setting on my bios, with every driver, it's a pci network card on a ecs 945gctm board, the integrated network card works great but it's not gigabit....