Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

@DaemonES: *************************************************

Hi,

I'm running Leopard 10.5.5, when I try to run "sudo sh loaddebug", I receive this message:

{

"Kext has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.api components; use only one style" = true

}

kextload: extension RealtekR1000.kext appears to be loadable

kextload: RealtekR1000.kext loaded successfully.

===========

However I still can not see my network connection connected. What might be the problem ? Pls help, thanks

@DaemonES: *************************************************

Hi,

I'm running Leopard 10.5.5, when I try to run "sudo sh loaddebug", I receive this message:

{

"Kext has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.api components; use only one style" = true

}

kextload: extension RealtekR1000.kext appears to be loadable

kextload: RealtekR1000.kext loaded successfully.

===========

However I still can not see my network connection connected. What might be the problem ? Pls help, thanks

why not giving the psystar version a shot? seems to be a bit more recent and as stated by a couple of users: works

cheers

(at least on GA-(E)P35-DS{3,4}X)

Great work. I'm using a Conroe945G-DVI MB with Realtek 8111B - before it would not see my time capsule, now it is doing a backup to it :)

EDIT: I'm on 10.5.5. However, network speed seems a lot slower that before when I had XP on the same machine. Can't even play a movie over wireless without chopping (even stopping) :(

hey guys.. I'm sorry if I am really n00b on this whole Realtek installation and debugging thing.. i never used a mac.. so I don't know any command lines.. -_-

I have a toshiba u300 laptop and a RealTek RTL8101 family PCI-E Fast ethernet NIC card.

I ran sh installation successfully, and it said that the realtek100 ktext is loaded.

However... no matter what I do, e.g., manually set the IP address, set ethernet tab to manual and all those other stuff, enabled shutdown wake on lan (tht's wht the network card advance tab called it) and also checked allow this device to wake the computer in power management (I even tried disablling the shutdown wake on lan)...

After all these, leopard does not detect my cable at all.. (used different cables also..)

I tired unloading and reloading the realtek1000.kext and I got a debug file like this

Last login: Mon Nov 24 18:43:53 on console

johnny-sius-satellite-u300:~ johnnysiu$ tail -f /var/log/system/log

tail: /var/log/system/log: No such file or directory

johnny-sius-satellite-u300:~ johnnysiu$ tail -f /var/log/system.log

Nov 24 18:43:53 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 SecurityAgent[79]: MechanismDestroy 0x2401690 retainCount 1

Nov 24 18:43:53 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 authorizationhost[78]: MechanismDestroy 0x115160 retainCount 2

Nov 24 18:43:53 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 loginwindow[28]: USER_PROCESS: 28 console

Nov 24 18:43:54 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.UserEventAgent-LoginWindow[75]): Exited: Terminated

Nov 24 18:43:55 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Support/ATSServer[95]: (-3230) Cannot use ATS Persistent Store - switching to old FODB cache code

Nov 24 18:44:00 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 /System/Library/CoreServices/coreservicesd[49]: SFLSharePointsEntry::CreateDSRecord: dsCreateRecordAndOpen(Johnny Siu's Public Folder) returned -14135

Nov 24 18:44:03 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/MacOS/Finder[99]: installAutoFSMonitor: open failed

Nov 24 18:44:05 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 SystemUIServer[98]: There is no output device, unloading

Nov 24 18:44:24 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 mdworker[80]: (Error) SyncInfo: Boot-cache avoidance timed out!

Nov 24 18:44:42 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 login[112]: USER_PROCESS: 112 ttys000

Nov 24 18:45:28 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 login[125]: USER_PROCESS: 125 ttys001

Nov 24 18:45:46 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 sudo[135]: johnnysiu : TTY=ttys001 ; PWD=/Users/johnnysiu ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/bash

Nov 24 18:46:06 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 kernel[0]: Can't unload rtl.r1000.nic.ext due to -

Nov 24 18:46:06 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 kernel[0]: rtl.r1000.nic.ext: rtl_r1000_nic_ext has 1 instance(s)

Nov 24 18:46:16 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 /System/Library/CoreServices/ManagedClient.app/Contents/MacOS/ManagedClient[137]: ODUEthernetAddress(): GetEthernetAddress()== 5

Nov 24 18:46:16 johnny-sius-satellite-u300 com.apple.loginwindow[28]: ODUEthernetAddress(): GetEthernetAddress()== 5

Could someone help me to get the ethernet card working? cuz i really want to use OS X desparetely.. cuz it is just so good!!!

Can your solutions too be a bit for n00bs too? cuz i really don't understand all these disk permission repair or this cod root thingies..

Sorry for all the trouble and thanks for the help!

I had success with RTL1000 driver, but my network was damn slow (see 3 posts up). I just tried the official 2.0 drivers from Realtek. They do work with RTL8111b but network speeds are still painfully slow. It doesn't even reach 1 mb/s on wireless transfers. On my XP box (same machine) it was lik 3-7 mb/s :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

This fixed my networking issues as well. Big Thanks!!! I'm on a ECS 945GCT M/1333 ver3 motherboard and my networking was not working correctly. I used a retail install of OSX and had boot132 partition via macloader method. This board had RTL810E chip and even though I installed the Realtek drivers found on their site my networking was still not working right. For example upon boot it would show other mac in shared panel but it was the PC Server style of the icon and if I tried to connect it would either fail timeout or show a empty drive with zero items. If I unplugged/replugged my cable it would return with the a different icon I guess the mac shared drive icon but if I clicked it -- it would say connecting and then it would time out and the icon would actually disappear from the side menu. Strangely if I went to Connect to server under the "Go" Menu and put in the shared mac's IP 192.168.1.101 or what have you it would come up and work as normal but this was a pain in the arse to do eachtime. Alsomy HP 4mv laser printer that is on the network was never seen when trying to add it as a printer now it comes up as an appletalk network available printer. So these drivers and the IONetworkingFamily Fix.pkg solved my networking trouble.

I have a cheap PCI RTL8169 gigabit ethernet NIC which has worked flawlessly out of the box using various installation methods (including using vanilla/stock kexts) since the initial release of Leopard but following the 10.5.6 update I have had wierd intermittent interrupt errors on startup. I confirmed the hardware was fine by reverting back to 10.5.5 and operation was flawless again. So my question is - has anyone else noticed problems with a RTL8169 NIC since applying the 10.5.6 update?

The exact error shows as : AppleRTL8169Ethernet: IOInterruptEventSource error

Gonna try this driver next I think ...

The exact error shows as : AppleRTL8169Ethernet: IOInterruptEventSource error

Same here, just used ionetworkingfamily.kext from 10.5.5 and it was up and running

Edit: but after a couple of reboots the problem returned

Same here, just used ionetworkingfamily.kext from 10.5.5 and it was up and running

Edit: but after a couple of reboots the problem returned

yes I tried that too, which seems to work for about 3 reboots but then the dreaded AppleRTL8169Ethernet: IOInterruptEventSource error comes back. It is wierd as it happens irregularly but does not happen at all under 10.5.5. On 10.5.6 I also intermittently get -

AppleUSBUHCI: unable to initialize UIM (causes USB2 ports not working - seems to swap with the ethernet error - i.e. USB2 works when NIC doesnt and vice versa???)

CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed

Unable to load Info.plist exceptions (can't get exceptions URL)

BootCacheControl: could not fetch history: Cannot allocate memory

Will continue trying different combinations of kernels, with and without dsdt.aml and various kext versions until I get something stable. I probably missed something fundamentally simple but have never had these issues after other updates.

Hi guys.

More than one weak ago I\'ve started writing driver for Realtek controllers. At this time I have some results, I've not tested all features, cause I have no such opportunity, but MacOS successfully communicate with WinXP system through my driver.

It works on RTL8169, RTL8168, RTL8110, RTL8111, RTL8100, RTL8101 chips and their modifications.

I have some driver programming skills under WinXP, but MacOS and IOKit are new things for me, so be careful when using my driver. You can freely load it and unload, but only once at one system boot (cause more loads may cause system crash, I\'m planning to fix it). Use sh scenarios for loading/unloading driver.

Now I\'m planing to add such features:

- Manual MTU control (now it fixed at 1500).

- Jumbo frame support.

- Wake on magic packet.

Thanks to the:

- author of Linux R1000 driver.

- NeoPheus for installer. Great job, thanks.

Share your knowledge so much as you can.

Compiled with XCode 2.4 on OSX 10.4.6 JaS Install DVD.

Visit to project page for the latest driver and installer.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/realtekr1000/

I am thrilled to say it works and all I had to do was to drag and drop the kext file into System > Library > Extensions and then Restart.

I opened the Folder named RealtekR1000, then opened "build" folder and then opened "Release" folder and grabbed the kext named "RealtekR1000.kext" and put it in the Extensions.

It worked on the first try!

Thank you very much for your help and your investment in time and energy!

My system specs: Dell Dimension 9100 Pentium 4 3 gigahertz with Hyper Threading, 3 gigs of ram, 10k rpm Raptor SATA, Windows XP Home and OSX 10.4.8.

"Realtek RTL 8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC" is my network card.

Hi guys.

More than one weak ago I\'ve started writing driver for Realtek controllers. At this time I have some results, I've not tested all features, cause I have no such opportunity, but MacOS successfully communicate with WinXP system through my driver.

It works on RTL8169, RTL8168, RTL8110, RTL8111, RTL8100, RTL8101 chips and their modifications.

I have some driver programming skills under WinXP, but MacOS and IOKit are new things for me, so be careful when using my driver. You can freely load it and unload, but only once at one system boot (cause more loads may cause system crash, I\'m planning to fix it). Use sh scenarios for loading/unloading driver.

- Jumbo frame support.

- Wake on magic packet.

Thanks to the:

Hi I have ReaLTek 8168 c lan built in card..the only problem is that leopard is showing my Vendor And Mac

Address but my Link status in inactive and no connection is take place The other problem is that is dont know

how to configure ethernet my

ip is 192.168.1.4

router 192.168.1.1

After 10.5.6 I'm also getting the "AppleRTL8169Ethernet: IOInterruptEventSource error"

Regarding the r1000 driver,

Tiger:

this driver (v1.04) worked on my rtl8110 in 10.4.X

Leopard 10.5.5:

ToH/Kalyway installs had OOB support for my rtl8110

Leopard 10.5.6:

Nic has disapeared from ifconfig.. r1000 1.04 loads but doesn't create any enX interfaces

(also tried nuking IONet's RTLs to avoid conflicts)

Hi guys.

- Jumbo frame support.

- Wake on magic packet.

Thanks to the:

Hello, i was wondering if you can help me out. I have the 8100c lan chip, and like everyone had, i cant get it to work under os x 10.5. can you give me instructions on exatcly what i have to do to get it to work with the realteck1000 files? i tried what others have posted, and your replies to them but i keep getting errors like, no such files or directory, and run kextload on this text with -t for diagnostic output, as well as, no such bundle file exists. all the files are on my desktop, so how can there be no such file? please help me out. I AM SO CONFUSED!!! :) lol :D

Denden,

Highly doubt this would work. There isn't anything on Realtek.com.tw that isn't ancient, the most recently dated OS X driver is for 10.0.2 and there isn't anything beyond 10.2.0..

Hi,

On Realtek.com.tw you will find:

MacOS 10.4 and 10.5 on Intel-based Mac computer | 2.0.0 | 2008/3/26

Supported NICs are:

RTL8111B/RTL8168B/RTL8111/RTL8168

RTL8111C/RTL8111CP/RTL8111D(L)

RTL8168C

I hope the link works:

Driver @ Realtek

Kind regards

Is someone can explain to me how to install the driver on my iDeneb (my card is Realtek 8111)

i have download the zip from sourceforge but now i really don't know what i must to do...

Please detaille because i'm new with this sort of manipulation (terminal kext etc...)i ever install the sound driver and works very good but now i'm stopped cause i'm afraid to do smoething wrong.

Please :D

For people having trouble connecting to Airport Express Base, running GA EP35 DS3R or other similar Gigabyte motherboards with Realtek network chip (8111):

I have been running hachintosh OSX 10.5.1 to 10.5.5 for over a year. Never had a problem with network connections to my Windows network.

BUT when I add an Airport Express base for use with audio sharing, OSX would not sense or discover or find Airport Express base station using the Airport Utility. Windows computers were able to find it and configure it. But not my hackintosh. I see posts by several people with the same problem, and none seem to understand the problem is with the network .kext they are using. It took me a hours to figure this out. It is NOT a router problem, as people seem to think. It is a .kext problem.

The problem is the Realtek driver .kext I was using, which is integrated as a pluggin in IONetworkingFamily.kext. It worked fine for everything I had tried EXCEPT sensing an Airport Express base station -- and Time Capsule, and Airport Extreme, and similar Apple wireless network things. To solve the problem, I have tried several .kext. The one on the Realtek site DOES NOT solve the problem. Only this one attached here solves the problem --

To connect your Airport Express Base station, install the "open source" RealtekR1000.kext found at Psystar (attached here), and released in Jan 2009 (they claim to have updated the code). It is different than the R1000.kext that has been around since 2007. Since it may disappear at Psystar, it is attached here.

Simply install this updated RealtekR1000.kext to the Extentions folder using Kext Helper. After installing this .kext, Airport Express basestation will immediately sensed. All the rest of the network functions continue to work well.

RealtekR1000_1.8.1.kext.zip