Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

I threw it into an auto-installer:

http://j.mp/3LM0Ep

The installer renames any existing R1000 file to .old, copies in the new file, sets permissions, and resets the Mkext bundle. Just reboot after installation to get it working!

Fantastic. Well done Bit Shoveler and Weaksauce.

Note: Weaksauce12, your inbox is full :angel:

Works perfect on my Gigabyte EP45-UD3P under 64-bit Snow Leopard! BIG THANKS!!

Works perfect on my GA-EP45-UD3P under 64-bit Snow Leopard, using stellarola's EP45-UD3P Installer v2 (http://stellarola.tumblr.com/post/213983683/ep45-ud3p-installer-v2-halloween-edition) and this kext. Thanks to all - I was getting tired of setting PROMISC on eh0 at every boot!!!

Works perfect on my GA-EP45-UD3P under 64-bit Snow Leopard, using stellarola's EP45-UD3P Installer v2 (http://stellarola.tumblr.com/post/213983683/ep45-ud3p-installer-v2-halloween-edition) and this kext. Thanks to all - I was getting tired of setting PROMISC on eh0 at every boot!!!

Haha yeah. I have an updated installer: (part of my script was cutoff somehow, plus the mkext cache stuff is relocated in Snow, so I just deleted that section - it will auto-regenerate @ reboot anyway)

http://www.mediafire.com/?n2ciymqmdgw

After testing it for a few days, everything is stable & works properly.

The only bug I've noticed is that network performance takes a serious hit - I typically get 27 MB/s transfer on my network (Gigabit LAN to a RAID NAS using FTP); with R1000SL I only get 7.6 MB/s, so I'm only getting about 1/3 the speed I'm supposed to. But, AFP/Bonjour work, wake from sleep works, Internet works, etc.

I installed this on my Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L last night using WeakSauce12's installer and so far AFP, bonjour, etc. are all working great! Thanks to everyone who helped put this together, your work is greatly appreciated.

I'll try this on my ECS 945GCT-M/1333 tonight and see how it works with the onboard RTL8101E.

After testing it for a few days, everything is stable & works properly.

The only bug I've noticed is that network performance takes a serious hit - I typically get 27 MB/s transfer on my network (Gigabit LAN to a RAID NAS using FTP); with R1000SL I only get 7.6 MB/s, so I'm only getting about 1/3 the speed I'm supposed to. But, AFP/Bonjour work, wake from sleep works, Internet works, etc.

You might need to manually set 1000/full, see http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...097&st=900#.

I installed this on my Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L last night using WeakSauce12's installer and so far AFP, bonjour, etc. are all working great! Thanks for putting this together DaemonES, your work is greatly appreciated.

Would you mind describing the steps you used to make this work? I've tried Weaksauce12's latest app, his previous app, and Sonotone's installer, but without success. Snow Leopard simply will not recognize my adapter. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Would you mind describing the steps you used to make this work? I've tried Weaksauce12's latest app, his previous app, and Sonotone's installer, but without success. Snow Leopard simply will not recognize my adapter. Thanks for any help you can provide.

You could have some cache problems !

Best success is with manual LAN IP configs !

:(

You could have some cache problems !

Best success is with manual LAN IP configs !

Thanks. What do you mean by cache problems? :) How would I fix that?

I've tried manually configuring in Network prefs, and assigning a static IP (my router uses dynamic IP)...nothing works. Ethernet OOB, though.

Maybe the new Ralink driver, when ported to PCI, will save the day for me.

For me it was just a matter of running WeakSauce12's installer and rebooting. In my case, the interface was recognized previously but I wasn't able to connect to AFP volumes.

I downloaded the Realtek R1000 driver from psystar for my MSI wind PC. There seem to be a couple of minor weird things in it:

1. max_interrupt_work is incorrect. R1000Interrupt loops max_interrupt_work times, and R1000RxInterrupt and R1000TxInterrupt also run max_interrupt_work. That means the driver is doing way too much work at interrupt time. It's processing max_interrupt_work * (max_interrupt_work + max_interrupt_work) packets per interrupt maximum. Replace the while loop checks with constants and tweak. I changed mine to 10.

2. netif->flushInputQueue() can be moved outside the while loop in R1000RxInterrupt. There's no reason to flush every packet...and it probably slows things down somewhat.

These changes seem to have smoothed out the througput. Before, it would jump between 21-23 and 5. Now, it jumps around the high to low tens. CPU seems to be lower as well.

Thanks. What do you mean by cache problems? :) How would I fix that?

I've tried manually configuring in Network prefs, and assigning a static IP (my router uses dynamic IP)...nothing works. Ethernet OOB, though.

Maybe the new Ralink driver, when ported to PCI, will save the day for me.

Delete in Library/Preferences/Systemconfiguration

-com.apple.network.identification.plist

-NetworkInterfaces.plist

-preferences.plist

Clear Caches with Onyx !

http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs2/english/download.html

:D

Delete in Library/Preferences/Systemconfiguration

-com.apple.network.identification.plist

-NetworkInterfaces.plist

-preferences.plist

Clear Caches with Onyx !

http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs2/english/download.html

Thank you! I'm giving that a try now. I did not have

com.apple.network.identification.plist

in that folder, but I've deleted the others and will run the Titanium app!

Update: After I removed those files, SL booted up. I began to run the Onyx app and my system crashed.

Thank you! I'm giving that a try now. I did not have

com.apple.network.identification.plist

in that folder, but I've deleted the others and will run the Titanium app!

Update: After I removed those files, SL booted up. I began to run the Onyx app and my system crashed.

You should have run Onyx clean cache before reboot !

It's normal that you hadn't com.apple.network.identification.plist because you couldn't assign network !

Try to boot with option -x bootflag (With chameleon for example)

Hope this helps

;)

i know it's maybe not the correct thread but...

I need to get my DWL G122 Rev C1 (RT2500 as i know) working on SL.

I've already installed the latest drivers form d-link for 10.5, but Snow Leo does not recognize my stick.

The USBWirelessUtility always says 'No Device!!', the same when i boot with -f.

please can someone help me :P

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext

Requesting load of /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext.

/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) dependency resolution failure; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

I must admit I didn't read through the previous 35 pages. :whistle: Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext

Requesting load of /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext.

/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) dependency resolution failure; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

I must admit I didn't read through the previous 35 pages. :rolleyes: Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Try the SL1000 installer from Weaksauce12 at post 653

:rolleyes:

Thanks! I was actually using kext helper to install it and it didn't work at first (because I got hold of the non-SL version) but it's working now. Which is close to fantastic because multicast (and thus bonjour) is back on my Asus P6T even in 64 bit kernel mode. Kudos to everyone involved! Hurray!!

Hi

I have installed the RealtekR1000.kext on my M912x Gigabyte - ideneb 1.5.5.

In System profile>Network; I see one interfaz ethernet (en0) connected.

But in Utilities>Network Utilities ; I see this Mac Adresss FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF and this isnt correct. The model is RTL8169.

I can not connect to my router.

Sorry for my english.

Can help me anybody?

Thnks

Hi

I have installed the RealtekR1000.kext on my M912x Gigabyte - ideneb 1.5.5.

In System profile>Network; I see one interfaz ethernet (en0) connected.

But in Utilities>Network Utilities ; I see this Mac Adresss FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF and this isnt correct. The model is RTL8169.

I can not connect to my router.

Sorry for my english.

Can help me anybody?

Thnks

Look in my posts #602 and 668

For Leopard de RTG 2.03.pkg is 100% for RTL8169/8111

Cleanup before install and reboot after cleaning up the old preferences!

It might be necessary to control and adjust speed controls in System preferences/Internet preferences

Hope this helps

;)