Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

i have realtek RTL8111B/8111C. I have not been able to make this work. please help.

i have unzipped the files to a drive. i am not sure what to do next.

Buy a supported card and disable the onboard. You'll have better performance and built-in support.

For wireless, get a Broadcom BCM4318. For wired get a Netgear GA311, since it's reported to work flawlessly.

Look at the wiki for more information.

well, i have a GA311, and since updating to 10.5.6 its everything but flawlessly.

right now, i'm trying to get the bonjour working from the 8168B from my EP35-DS3P motherboard.

but it looks like the GA311 is not that safe after all

well, i have a GA311, and since updating to 10.5.6 its everything but flawlessly.

right now, i'm trying to get the bonjour working from the 8168B from my EP35-DS3P motherboard.

but it looks like the GA311 is not that safe after all

Hmm, that's too bad. The card used to be a safe choice. I guess it's up to the Airport Extreme imitators from now on..

Updates have proven to be a bad thing for drivers (but a good thing for all the other stuff).

I wonder if someone tried a PCI Express to Mini PCI Express adaptor and a genuine Airport Extreme Card..

The card used to be a safe choice.

i know, thats why i bought it :)

anyway, the psystar r1000 drivers work with the onboard RT8168B from my motherboard, and bonjour looks fine so far.

so, beside having a spare network card it works fine :)

fun thing is, however, someone listed the GA311 as OOTB in the 10.5.6 compatibliity list.

I agree about the Netgear GA311 card... its not perfect but once was...

I've used the RealtekR1000 driver and the native 8169.kext and the card works but the problem is that every time I DL something like say a torrent with high speeds or high uploads... it'll suddenly stops working and i have to either restart or switch to my onboard RTL8111. At first I thought it was my ISP throttling me but I guess not.....

do the different versions of the RealtekR1000 driver make any difference with the GA311....?????????

do the different versions of the RealtekR1000 driver make any difference with the GA311....?????????

i dunno, i gave up the GA311.

right now i'm using the onboard RT8168 from my GA-EP35-DS3P

it works with the R1000 drivers perfectly. i download torrents with 500kbyte (the speed i can get, no matter if via PC, powermac G5 or hackintosh) and bonjour works corectly.

I agree about the Netgear GA311 card... its not perfect but once was...

I've used the RealtekR1000 driver and the native 8169.kext and the card works but the problem is that every time I DL something like say a torrent with high speeds or high uploads... it'll suddenly stops working and i have to either restart or switch to my onboard RTL8111. At first I thought it was my ISP throttling me but I guess not.....

Not that I know of..

The disconnect on high performance thingy is a driver problem.. Is bonjour working for you?

Not that I know of..

The disconnect on high performance thingy is a driver problem.. Is bonjour working for you?

well "Itunes remote" works with my ipod touch. I believe that uses bonjour....

I'm on 10.5.5 ideneb with itunes 8.1

well "Itunes remote" works with my ipod touch. I believe that uses bonjour....

I'm on 10.5.5 ideneb with itunes 8.1

the problem is not that other machines can't see the hack with the apple supplied realtek driver, but the other way around.

with the AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext (version independent) my iBook and my MacBook as well can see my hack, but the hack seems to ignore the mDNS stuff from other machines. In using either the psystar ot hte original version I get bonjour functionality back)

funny side note: with AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext I geht 1000mbit FD with the other kexts it's just HD, no idea why.

cheers

OK! I SOLVED THE PROBLEM!

Please write it on the first page: The Mac OS can't "power up" the network card. If it's not powered on, than Mac will say: No cable is plugged in and can't use. But if the lan boot rom is enabled the bios switches it on and everything works fine.

The boot is a bit longer because of the rom, but after than it's surely on.

this worked for me too, thanks !!! :(

• 2 weeks later...
OK! I SOLVED THE PROBLEM!

Please write it on the first page: The Mac OS can't "power up" the network card. If it's not powered on, than Mac will say: No cable is plugged in and can't use. But if the lan boot rom is enabled the bios switches it on and everything works fine.

The boot is a bit longer because of the rom, but after than it's surely on

That's the key. I've just used the kext linked in page one and toogled the lan boot rom on and it works. Thanks!

Update:

I am using Deneb v1.4 OSx86 10.5.6. I have a MSI P965 Platinum. RTL8111B The realtek R1000 drivers on the disk didn't work for me. I search for hours to solve this issue. I surf to realtek's home page and found drivers for the MAC OSX. I install these drive and it work perfectly. Hope this helps.

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloads...8168C/RTL8111DP surf to the bottom of the list to the other section.

:(

L8R Nick

Update:

I am using Deneb v1.4 OSx86 10.5.6. I have a MSI P965 Platinum. RTL8111B The realtek R1000 drivers on the disk didn't work for me. I search for hours to solve this issue. I surf to realtek's home page and found drivers for the MAC OSX. I install these drive and it work perfectly. Hope this helps.

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloads...8168C/RTL8111DP surf to the bottom of the list to the other section.

:D

L8R Nick

does bonjour work?

• 2 weeks later...

i finally have a solution for bonjour! ;) You need to install RTGMac 2.0 driver from realtek site (FTP). After it install R1000 driver from psystar (1.8.1).

I think problem was in IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext/Contents/info.plist

Realtek 8111B have ID 0x816810ec . The standart IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext/Contents/info.plist doesn't contain it.

AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext from RTGMac 2.0 have 8168 section in plist.

So. R1000 driver work properly only with right IONetworkingFamily.kext .

i finally have a solution for bonjour! ^_^ You need to install RTGMac 2.0 driver from realtek site (FTP). After it install R1000 driver from psystar (1.8.1).

I think problem was in IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext/Contents/info.plist

Realtek 8111B have ID 0x816810ec . The standart IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext/Contents/info.plist doesn't contain it.

AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext from RTGMac 2.0 have 8168 section in plist.

So. R1000 driver work properly only with right IONetworkingFamily.kext .

nonsense

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x816810ec 0x813610ec</string>

kext version 1.0.3 definitive vanilla install (unibody macbook) if it's on that system it's on any retail install

I think this problem take place because many OSX86 user install custom IONetworkingFamily.kext that solve Time Machine problem from iPC, XXX or other. That kext doesn't contain 8168.<br />

might be, pimping the DSDT (or using dev-prop strings) is enough to get TM rollin' so no need to fiddle with weird kexts.

• 2 weeks later...

F**** I LOVE YOU~!!!!!! I was so FRUSTRATED trying to solve an ANNOYING DHCP problem with my Realtek card for 3 days straight... but it works now..

It worked on a ToH 10.5.4 RC2 perfectly without any additional drivers but it went funny after i upgraded to the iPC OSX 10.5.6.

Now i just need a sound card driver for my IDT Audio Codec =(