Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

Cannot get my rtl8169s gigabit card to work, it doesn't even turns on!, don't know what to do anymore, tried every setting on my bios, with every driver, it's a pci network card on a ecs 945gctm board, the integrated network card works great but it's not gigabit....

Did you try RTG MAc 2.03 drivers ?

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...p;GetDown=false

Or de Psystar opensource driver R1000 v1.08

http://www.psystar.com/opensource/r1000

These obove kext are working for many in OSX 10.5...

For 32K Snowleopard "Bonjour" works for me with "AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext" that I toke inside the RTG MAc 2.03.pkg !

:thumbsup_anim:

For 64K Snowleopard there is no complete solution for the moment, "Bonjour" doesn't work or is not stable as far as i know.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to enable bonjour, so i downloaded and installed RTG MAc 2.03.pkg from Realtek's site. It screwed my netwoking at all! :( Uninstalled with attached script, but nothing. I think it modified IONetworkingFamily.kext... :((

Can someone post an untouched IONetworkingFamily.kext please? I really dont' wanna reinstall the system, my snowleo hackintosh works fine exept this bonjour thing....

I'd like to enable bonjour, so i downloaded and installed RTG MAc 2.03.pkg from Realtek's site. It screwed my netwoking at all! :hysterical: Uninstalled with attached script, but nothing. I think it modified IONetworkingFamily.kext... :hysterical:(

Can someone post an untouched IONetworkingFamily.kext please? I really dont' wanna reinstall the system, my snowleo hackintosh works fine exept this bonjour thing....

My Bonjour works with this:

Apple RTL8169Ethernet.kext to put in S/L/E

Perhaps you don't even need this IONetworkingFamily.kext

Don't you ever used Pacifist ? to pic up only wat you want ?

AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.zip

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

My Bonjour works with this:

Apple RTL8169Ethernet.kext to put in S/L/E

Perhaps you don't even need this IONetworkingFamily.kext

Don't you ever used Pacifist ? to pic up only wat you want ?

AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.zip

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

i downloaded the "Apple RTL8169Ethernet.kext" and placed it in library/extentions and theres no results from my nic can anyone please just throw a hint my way

im using the gigabyte ud3p

I found a solution for the RTL8169 issues in snow leopard.

Remove AppleHPET/ AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and / AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient

Back them up just in case........!!!!

Use OSX86 tools on your extensions after removal

and fix permissions

2qlww39.jpg

I found a solution for the RTL8169 issues in snow leopard.

Remove AppleHPET/ AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and / AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient

Back them up just in case........!!!!

Use OSX86 tools on your extensions after removal

and fix permissions

2qlww39.jpg

hi, with this solution, can it work at 64bit?

Can anyone recompile applertl8169.kext or R1000 for snow 64 bit?

The Apple driver is built into Snow Leopard. I still don't get Bonjour support with it.

I tried making the RealtekR1000 driver 64 bit compatible, but it needed a lot more work to make it reliable. I have a much improved version - with many changes based on Realtek's Linux sources - that I am continuing to develop. It needs a lot more work, but I am ready to let a few brave souls try it. I will be releasing it under GPL when it's done. Sources are available now if you ask politely.

What works now: 64 bit Snow Leopard, 8111C, GbE basic functionality, cable hot plug/unplug, sleep/wake.

What needs testing: 32 bit Snow Leopard, other 8111/8168 chips, other speeds.

Not yet implemented: Leopard, jumbo packets, IP/TCP/UDP checksum offload, 8101 and 8169 family chips.

WARNING! This is an experimental kext which has not been thoroughly tested. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I am only uploading a debug version at this time. It will generate several lines in your kernel.log file for every packet sent or received. DO NOT USE THIS IN PERFORMANCE CRITICAL APPLICATIONS.

If you encounter problems, please PM me so I can see a copy of the kernel.log file.

RealtekR1000SL.kext.debug.2009_10_18.zip

Si funziona anche se la connessione è più lenta in questa modalità credo.

Inoltre devi impostare il dns come il tuo gateway

ok thanks, i didn't try with 10Mb/s. I always use Manual Setting, because DHCP and P2P isn't the best way.

I have a dg31pr motherboard with a RT8111 NIc card.

Using 10.5.2 kalway my rt8111 card works.

but when using iakotos 10.5.7 it does not show up.

can someone please tell me what I need to do to get my ethernet to work?

Just want to say:

A easy installer is on its way! :rolleyes:

You can download it from my website this afternoon (06:00 PM)!

where can I find the installer? Your site is down

I have a dg31pr motherboard with a RT8111 NIc card.

Using 10.5.2 kalway my rt8111 card works.

but when using iakotos 10.5.7 it does not show up.

can someone please tell me what I need to do to get my ethernet to work?

where can I find the installer? Your site is down

Take this installer from realtek only for Leopard !

RTGMAC 2.03

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=56677

The Apple driver is built into Snow Leopard. I still don't get Bonjour support with it.

I tried making the RealtekR1000 driver 64 bit compatible, but it needed a lot more work to make it reliable. I have a much improved version - with many changes based on Realtek's Linux sources - that I am continuing to develop. It needs a lot more work, but I am ready to let a few brave souls try it. I will be releasing it under GPL when it's done. Sources are available now if you ask politely.

What works now: 64 bit Snow Leopard, 8111C, GbE basic functionality, cable hot plug/unplug, sleep/wake.

What needs testing: 32 bit Snow Leopard, other 8111/8168 chips, other speeds.

Not yet implemented: Leopard, jumbo packets, IP/TCP/UDP checksum offload, 8101 and 8169 family chips.

WARNING! This is an experimental kext which has not been thoroughly tested. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I am only uploading a debug version at this time. It will generate several lines in your kernel.log file for every packet sent or received. DO NOT USE THIS IN PERFORMANCE CRITICAL APPLICATIONS.

If you encounter problems, please PM me so I can see a copy of the kernel.log file.

Can you try again for comunity??? thanks alot

Hello,

I'm after a RTL8169 64 bit driver which also dose not sleep or at least wakes up, i have tried your driver it worked in 32 bit mode fine, but still went to sleep, On a wake up it was still asleep.

Thanks,

Rich

sorry, where is RTL8169 64bit??? is the original apple kext or modded??

sorry, where is RTL8169 64bit??? is the original apple kext or modded??

no sorry I was using the RTGNIC2.0.3.pkg from a leopard install. I posted in the guide I made. Search P5KPL-AM near perfect install.

On me iPhone or I would of linked you.

I installed the one in this thread but it seemed slower than the one above, so stuck with that and just boot in 32bit snow.

I have made a custom dsdt.aml for my mobo on a win xp install.

So most things are sweet. But did not pick up the LAN on the mobo.

I intend to keep developing this, but I have a life and a job... ;)

Do you have any problems to report?

Holla bit shoveler,

I do have a problem!!, lol.

When i use your driver, It works ok, as i said a lil bit slower than the current one in my system, but when the computer sleeps, and i wake it back up the lan card is still active, but reports it has assigned a self ip address, on both your driver and the one i am using, weird no??

Any way any light you can shed on this matter would be a great help, And im glad you have a job and a life or how would you keep paying the broadband bill and eat??? lol.

Cheers bud!!

I intend to keep developing this, but I have a life and a job... :)

Do you have any problems to report?

eheheh i know the problem...i have a little daughter :D

You Driver don't connect to Internet, now i reinslall it and i post a screen!

EDIT: for me doesn't working in 32 and 64 bit mode!

screensnapz006.png

With this R1000, i work very well in 32bit mode, but in 64bit mode i have the same problem!

RealtekR1000.kext.zip