Realtek 8168/8111 solution

DaemonES

872 posts in this topic

Either of the following works for me.

A. Copy RealtekR1000SL.kext into /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/;

RealtekR1000SL.kext

In Terminal do the following;

[mac05:~] me% sudo -s

Password:

[mac05:~] root# cp -r ~/Downloads/mac05/Bit\ Shoveler/RealtekR1000SL.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

[mac05:~] root# kextcache -v 1 -t -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/

[mac05:~] root#

or

B. Copy /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext to ~/Documents/Extra/kext/.

Copy /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext to ~/Documents/Extra/kext/.

Copy RealtekR1000SL.kext into ~/Documents/Extra/kext/.

Change <string>Network-Root</string> to <string>Root</string> in ~/Documents/Extra/kext/RealtekR1000SL.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

Change <string>Network-Root</string> to <string>Root</string> in ~/Documents/Extra/kext/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

In Terminal run kextcache and copy the new Extensions.mkext to your bootloader's Extra folder;

[mac05:~] me% sudo -s

Password:

[mac05:~] root# kextcache -v 1 -t -l -m ~/Documents/Extra/Extensions.mkext ~/Documents/Extra/kext

[mac05:~] root# cp ~/Documents/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Boot\ OSX/Extra/

[mac05:~] root#

Thanks!!!

Hi,

Do not work for me the different kexts on this subject, I installed with kext utility (S/L/E) or Copy RealtekR1000SL.kext into /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/;RealtekR1000SL.kext.

I have chipset ethernet :

05:04.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8110SC/8169SC Gigabit Ethernet [10ec:8167] (rev 10)

Yet there are the plug ins in IONetworkingFamily.kext

Thanks a lot for help me.

appler10.jpg

realte10.jpg

Can anyone upload AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext for me

mine is damaged, 'cause replaced by RTGMac_v2.0.3.zip while I wanna solve the connection problem and didnt backup the driver

Which OSX version ?

You can pickup and install any version in original OSX DVD or update ! with Pacifist 2.6.3 !

:(

Hi,

Do not work for me the different kexts on this subject, I installed with kext utility (S/L/E) or Copy RealtekR1000SL.kext into /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/;RealtekR1000SL.kext.

I have chipset ethernet :

05:04.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8110SC/8169SC Gigabit Ethernet [10ec:8167] (rev 10)

Yet there are the plug ins in IONetworkingFamily.kext

Thanks a lot for help me.

In 10.6 you have to copy RealtekR1000SL.kext in S/L/E and rebuild cache with kexthelper Snowleopard compatible and leave untouched IONetworkingFamily.kext !

Kext Utility x64

http://www.kexts.com/view/129-kext_utility...8update%29.html

Cache in Snowleopard is managed in a different way then in 10.5 !

I didn't found better driver then this one although "only 10.5 compatible" ! on the bottom of the page !

MacOS 10.4 and 10.5 on Intel-based Mac computer

2.0.02008/3/261055k

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...TL8169SC%28L%29

Good luck !

Thanks AROBASEFR for your explanation, but this port does not work for me.

Once branch port is built in, unable to login.

The port connected green is 2 nd is Marvell,you would a solution to remove this port (Built-in Sérial Port (1) )is not be the problem ?

ethern10.jpg

raseau10.jpg

Thanks AROBASEFR for your explanation, but this port does not work for me.

Once branch port is built in, unable to login.

The port connected green is 2 nd is Marvell,you would a solution to remove this port (Built-in Sérial Port (1) )is not be the problem ?

ethern10.jpg

raseau10.jpg

Klick to the minus button to get disappear de de built-in serialport.

Then chose the green ethernet and go to ConfigurerIPv4 and chose DHCP;If that doesn't work configure to Manuellement

your ethernet configuration !

I don't understand what you want while you have an ethernet en0 working on ip:192.168.1.38 !

??

Hi,

On some motherboards such as the P5K premium wifi ap, there are 2 ethernet port:

I have

Ethernet controller [0200]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller [11ab:4364] (rev 12)

Ethernet controller [0200]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8110SC/8169SC Gigabit Ethernet [10ec:8167] (rev 10)

Port that you see in green is the Marvell port works but port realtek not working that's why I ask you to help work this realtek port ethernet please.

I followed your explanation, I deleted the port built in serial port (1),but for the rest I do not see how ?

raseau11.jpg

ethern11.jpg

The RealtekR1000SL kext that I modified doesn't support 8101E yet. I would like to add it, but I haven't had the time to implement it, and I don't have one to test with. I will see what I can do.

Or, if someone has the time and the chip, grab the Realtek Linux driver sources for this chip and implement it for me... please?

I have a quick question. What is the state of WOL? Seems you mentioned you were going to work on it. BUT… it works for me when I use my router's WOL feature. I have a WRT600N running dd-wrt. It's never worked until I started running your RealtekR1000SL. Just wondering if you could shed some light. I don't even have a "Wake in ethernet" option in my preferences.

Hi, fellows.

With RealtekR1000SL.kext (post #631) I lose the option "Wake for Ethernet network access" under Energy Saver preferences, which I used to have with bonjour fixed by Sonotone's ifconfig installer. Why? Am I missing something? Why the "wake on lan" feature doesn't work with the kext? Is there a fix to enable it?

Thanks.

With RealtekR1000SL.kext (post #631) I lose the option "Wake for Ethernet network access" under Energy Saver preferences, which I used to have with bonjour fixed by Sonotone's ifconfig installer. Why? Am I missing something? Why the "wake on lan" feature doesn't work with the kext? Is there a fix to enable it?

Ditto that... to what both jamonda and kdawg are saying...

I am not yet using BitShoveler's RealtekR1000SL.kext. I currently have WOL and Bonjour working. I've gone through 5 revisions of my dsdt.aml and now finally have everything nearly perfect, but I would like to still fix the following:

- have auto/idle sleep work (this seems to be disabled by using the ifconfig-script Bonjour solution)

- Bonjour is not perfect - sometimes my other Macs see my HacPro even when it is sleeping (and whilel it is sleeping, it sometimes shows up in the finder bar as a Samba/CIFS/WindowsNetwork server, rather than as a MacPro)

Does the RealtekR1000SL.kext make Bonjour and WOL work for you?

OK, finally got it all ...

• Bonjour
  • Sleep (from Menu)
  • Auto/Idle Sleep (via Energy Saver)
  • Wake by Keyboard, Mouse, PowerButton
  • Wake-On-LAN
  • USB perfect (no problems w/ sleep)

I post this here because (although I'm unable to find the post right now), a member had posted that he suspected that the "promiscuous mode" flag used with the ifconfig method for Bonjour was breaking Auto/Idle Sleep. From my setup, I can say unequivocally that this is not the case.

From my signature, you can see the 7 kexts that I have in my /Extra/Extensions/ , and I do not use any altered/non-Vanilla RealtekR1000.kext there. I also have a customized dsdt.aml. My /System is completely vanilla.

You fixed all of this in DSDT, or are you using Sonotone's Realtek_Bonjour_enabler?

Would you mind detailing your fixes or pointing us to the relevant thread?

OK, finally got it all ...

• Bonjour
  • Sleep (from Menu)
  • Auto/Idle Sleep (via Energy Saver)
  • Wake by Keyboard, Mouse, PowerButton
  • Wake-On-LAN
  • USB perfect (no problems w/ sleep)

I post this here because (although I'm unable to find the post right now), a member had posted that he suspected that the "promiscuous mode" flag used with the ifconfig method for Bonjour was breaking Auto/Idle Sleep. From my setup, I can say unequivocally that this is not the case.

From my signature, you can see the 7 kexts that I have in my /Extra/Extensions/ , and I do not use any altered/non-Vanilla RealtekR1000.kext there. I also have a customized dsdt.aml. My /System is completely vanilla.

1. You fixed all of this in DSDT, or are you using Sonotone's Realtek_Bonjour_enabler?

2. Would you mind detailing your fixes or pointing us to the relevant thread?

Hi ummd:

1. Well, it is a combination of dsdt fixes and the original loginhookscript+ifconfig/promiscuousmode fix (set up by hand, not using any installer).

2. Yes. I'm toying with the idea of writing up a "Sleep, Wake and Bonjour for the Gigabyte UD3* Boards" Howto.

Basically though, I just followed/did these:

• A.
this as a basic starter for installing 10.6 and then used the combo updater to jump to 10.6.2 Note that if you search this page for "5. Bonjour doesn't work", you will find a description of an ifconfig+loginhookscript that puts en0 in promiscuous mode, thus enabling Bonjour. This is what I used, with some tinkering (adjusting paths to match my box). I don't know whether it is equivalent to Sonotone's installer. That is something that would be interesting to check.

B. blackosx's dsdt guide (for ethernet, graphics, bad-USB-unmount-at-sleep-fix,CMOS fix), in particular his very good pdf version of the guide

C. dsdt fixes from UnsubscribeMe/MasterChief in the thread started by iSoprano (a few extra fixes for USB to be fully recognized as internal/onboard). I performed __only__ the steps that UnsubscribeMe outlines here, and nothing more. I didn't (and probably won't) add in Intel-Vanilla SpeedStep that follow in further posts.

D. PleaseSleep.app available from macupdate.com site

NB. I was unsure about what was going on after I did step C in my sequence above... a bare install with steps A-C gave me working Auto/Idle-Sleep, but when I added in some extra apps, Auto/Idle-Sleep stopped working. I concluded that some apps were stopping sleep. PleaseSleep fixes this problem-set.

2. Yes. I'm toying with the idea of writing up a "Sleep, Wake and Bonjour for the Gigabyte UD3* Boards" Howto.

Basically though, I just followed/did these:

• *blackosx's guide (for ethernet, graphics, bad-USB-unmount-at-sleep-fix,CMOS fix)
    *dsdt fixes from UnsubscribeMe/MasterChief
    *PleaseSleep.app available from macupdate.com site

I will add URL's to the list above as I get time today.

A guide would be much appreciated. I'm still trying to sort through MasterChief and mm67's DSDT fix thread as it's a real jumble for me. It seems I can only understand them when blackosx writes up a summary/howto ;)

OK, a guide of sorts ... HTH.

More DSDT Fixes for UD3L and Related Gigabyte Boards

I tried to make it so it picks up where blackosx left off. It gives links to the files needed, including a textfile that has the code blocks for the edits (this way a user doesn't have to worry about getting bad invisible characters mixed in during editing.

Hello eliseeff,

This kext is available into /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns.Are what is the same as you post ?

realte10.jpg

I have 2 ethernet ports is Contrôleurs PCI-E Gigabit LAN Marvell88E8056®

Contrôleur PCI Gigabit LAN RealtekRTL8110SC/8169®

Contrôleurs PCI-E Gigabit LAN Marvell88E8056® work with appleyuko2

Contrôleur PCI Gigabit LAN RealtekRTL8110SC/8169® not work for me with no kext I tried Realtek 1000Sl and AppleRTL8169.

So I ask if the kext that you post works, and how did install, replaces existing or install with kexthelper,Let me know because I have already in this kext snow leopard in 10.6.2.

Thank you in advance.

Using SnowR1000, 10.6.2, G31M-ES2L mobo (with RTL8168B on-board NIC), Wake on Lan does not appear in my Energy Saver prefs, BUT it does work (I tested using Fusion WOL on a PC and "wakeonlan" from linux)

What steps did you take to enable wake on lan, since not visible in the GUI?

EDIT: I tried "pmset womp 1" and I cannot get it to WOL from Linux wakeonlan command (tested against Windows machine and command is correct and works)?

EDIT #2: Well, I have two identical machines, one wakes, one doesn't - same board, different processors??? (the E6700 doesn't, the Q9550 does)

The RealtekR1000SL kext that I modified doesn't support 8101E yet. I would like to add it, but I haven't had the time to implement it, and I don't have one to test with. I will see what I can do.

Or, if someone has the time and the chip, grab the Realtek Linux driver sources for this chip and implement it for me... please?

Any progress on 8101E support. Wish I could help but am no real coder...