Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Friend of mine, you have to know that reading topics is the most important thing, as you will see before my last post Israel Fernandes has quoted your post with the answer: "Don´t Work with Sierra." because I quoted Mathiew2005in with the answer: "Delete all kexts HDA keep only the native one, download the AppleALC1150 from the Fredde2209 post", finally it don't work with Sierra for Israel Fernandes, so he quoted me with this answer: Layout ID 1, works perfectly in Yosemite ( not tested in El Capitan), I compiled my own AppleALC with only ALC892, like you suggestion, but in Sierra don't worked. After put lily.kext in /s/l/e/ worked like a charm. Any suggestion about this problem ? That's why i decided to explain for him how to do it's own AppleALC892 by the same way i did because it worked for me without any kind of problem!

Last thing, I talked about tuts not for AppleALC, but because you didn't read the earliest posts, and as I already said because of reading problem, became problems for some friends to post questions that has been answered before, and this is the problem why The KiNG was stopped from this topic "It make him crazy, the people that don't read but just keep asking for things that have been answered, and sometimes he speak sharkly and I sometimes agree with him, and he's one of the QUO Board team because he builded it's ACPI and he know all about it", so I've decided to ask some Moderators for doing an read only Topic for just how to for all things about Ozmosis an couple of tuts.

So we all have to just keep reading, I'm one from others that enter to this topic maybe 7 of 10 time per day "just to be updated, for helping and getting helps for few things"

Cordially ammoune78

Sorry for the questions, I asked here because with the clover worked perfectly, only with the ozmosis not, as the occurrence with The-King was my lack of attention. I suggest opening a topic with questions related to the customizations of ozmosis, what do you think? Because its operation is different from the others.

Sorry for the questions, I asked here because with the clover worked perfectly, only with the ozmosis not, as the occurrence with The-King was my lack of attention. I suggest opening a topic with questions related to the customizations of ozmosis, what do you think? Because its operation is different from the others.

No problem here, i answered you because i already had the same problem with AppleALC and I talked with vit9696 about it, and he told me to delete other unneeded codecs and layouts ID and other unneeded settings for it to work! I've builded it a couple of time without success, but 3 months ago i did it and finally it worked but with the help of cecekpawon yod-GenAppleALC.sh "thanks again cecek" because Ozmosis doesn't read Plugins folder of the kexts converted in ffs because it read only the executable file and it's Info.plist.

The problem is: the Topic customization of Ozmosis, no need it because it's here and here, and it's good job from xpamamadeus, even if he doesn't have time, this topic is for answering! It's all about sharing knowledge, as The KiNG said for the Ozmosis can continue it's way, @ everyone that have knowledge this is it's contribution for Ozmosis!
  • Like 1

hi

can someone please tell me the value of this flag: ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DARWIN

also

is this a complete list? (missing DARWIN)

ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DISABLE        0x00000000ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE         0x00000001ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DUMP           0x00000002ACPI_LOADER_MODE_WINDOWS        0x00000008ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY  0x00000040

thanks

"Changing AcpiLoader Mode

============================

Add The Following Values Together For Default Acpi Loader Mode

ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DISABLE 0x00000000
ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE 0x00000001
ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DUMP 0x00000002
ACPI_LOADER_MODE_WINDOWS 0x00000008
ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY 0x00000040

Default Value : ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DARWIN | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY = 0x45

To Change

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:AcpiLoaderMode=0x45"

"Changing AcpiLoader Mode

============================

Add The Following Values Together For Default Acpi Loader Mode

ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DISABLE 0x00000000

ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE 0x00000001

ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DUMP 0x00000002

ACPI_LOADER_MODE_WINDOWS 0x00000008

ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY 0x00000040

Default Value : ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DARWIN | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY = 0x45

To Change

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:AcpiLoaderMode=0x45"

Hi, what value for this: ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DUMP ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DARWIN | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY!

I've posted this question about 5 months ago but no one answered!

Yes, Default Value is: ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DARWIN | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY = 0x45

But i asked for: "ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DARWIN | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DUMP" 

Yes, Default Value is: ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DARWIN | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY = 0x45

But i asked for: "ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DARWIN | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DUMP" 

0x47

utRnp.png

• Like 2

Hi, what value for this: ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DUMP | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DARWIN | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY!

I've posted this question about 5 months ago but no one answered!

its pretty easy just add together the values of the options you require, nothing special or hard.

• Like 3

its pretty easy just add together the values of the options you require, nothing special or hard.

so, is this flag == 0x55 ? is it valid or darwin excludes windows and viceversa?

ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DUMP | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DARWIN | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_WINDOWS | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY

thanks

so, is this flag == 0x55 ? is it valid or darwin excludes windows and viceversa?

ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DUMP | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DARWIN | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_WINDOWS | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY

thanks

0x55 == 0b1010101... as you can see, bit 1 is not set, which is dump, so no. Should be 0x4F if I didn't mistype.

• Like 1

mm, i m doing something wrong then

according to the table posted by crasher the default value is 0x45, so 1 or 4 or 40.

if i do 45 or 8(windows), the value is unchanged.

if i do 47 or 8, the value is unchanged.

i can or the windows flag if ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY is not set.

also when i get the bits from the flag, the Windows flag is always set. (currentFlag & ACPI_LOADER_MODE_WINDOWS is always true)

i m not so good with bitmask.

thanks

@kylon

<?

//passthru("clear");

$AcpiLoaderMode = 0x45; // Test val

$FLAGS = array(
    "ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DISABLE"        => 0x0,
    "ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE"         => 0x1,
    "ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DUMP"           => 0x2,
    "ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DARWIN"         => 0x4,
    "ACPI_LOADER_MODE_WINDOWS"        => 0x8,
    "ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY"  => 0x40
  );

$ValidFlags = 0;

foreach ($FLAGS as $Key => $Value) {
  $ValidFlags |= $Value;
}

//printf ("ValidFlags: 0x%x\n", $ValidFlags);

$AcpiLoaderModeMask = $ValidFlags & $AcpiLoaderMode;

$a = array();

foreach ($FLAGS as $Key => $Value) {
  if ($AcpiLoaderModeMask & $Value) {
    $a[] = $Key;
  }
}

printf ("AcpiLoaderMode: 0x%x = '%s'\n", $AcpiLoaderMode, implode(" | ", $a));

• Like 1

@cecekpawon

thanks, your code helped me to find the issue

i was doing this in js, i forgot to use parseInt(bit, 16)

it seems fine now

thank you guys

• Like 1

Today updated one of my machines with Oz Xmass release to Sierra. Now I get just the Apple logo and nothing else happens. Can someone please point me in the right direction? 11.6 worked before. Thought it was the CSR key but changing it doesn't solve this issue. Fwiw Clover on top of Oz loads the partition no problem.

Thanks

Edit: After like four hours of working and burning the candle on both ends I finally had success. Had to make a number of changes and incorporate new Ozmosis ffs and smc emulators into my bios even though I thought I had properly modded it for Sierra. Joined a couple German forums which had a new ozmosis.ffs file. Feeling pretty good got it working!

first attempt

http://cloudclovereditor.altervista.org/cce/index.php

You can open your plist

You can switch CCE mode on the fly in: CCE Tab -> CCE Settings -> Cloud Clover Editor Mode Mode.

It s a sticky setting so:

1) you can reload the page without loosing the changes

2) you can mix clover and ozmosis in the right sidebar (multitask)

don t hesitate to report issues here to keep this thread clean.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/313284-cloud-clover-editor-cce/

thanks

• Like 8

Ozmosis loads defaults.plist off of 1st (sata 0 port in mb manual) sata port right? Not sure if mine is. After 4 finger reset Oz skips its menu and goes straight to loading my Windows disk every time as have three OS's ( Sierra, Ubuntu, Windows) on sepate disks. Is this normal or bug?

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@crusher. I flashed the OZ you provided me (Thank you by the way, I didn't want to clutter the other thread with a thanks) but my second monitor no longer shows up, and my audio does not work...

Any ideas on that? I shot you a PM but didn't ask first, apologies for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all.

im using a 0zmosis modded bios Gigabyte Z97P-D3 F9. and it is working very well and I'm quite happy with it

the only thing that is not right is only showing 2989mb of graphics ram and I would like to fix this

I have added HermitShellX64 to the modded bois . perhaps the is a shell command I could use to fix this problem of not detecting the ram on my gtx970

could someone help me in this matter please