Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Hi, i saw major problem with ozmosis on defining correct Default.plist, it could be great if there was a program like cloverconfigurator to compile correct Default.plist.
I'm not a skilled programmer, but with source of cloverconfigurator i don't think it will be so complicated build a sort of "OzmosisConfigurator" 
But we need first source code and i don't know if they are Open source or similar.

have a good time :D 

If the default.plist only contains smbios data and boot args i can add an option to export the plist as ozmosis.

Hi Kylon, it's not only smbios data, but there are others value that need to be added 

For example correct AAPL number for HD 4600, several boot-args, enable or not VodooHda or intel injection, Nvidia injection, ATI injection.

Tomorrow, if  You have spare time i can write a simple document with all options and value and a example of Defaults,plist.

About SMBIOS i saw other data more than serial number, Mac-Type and so on, for exampe hardware address, ( Mac-address of the card,)or processor serial and so on, i dont know if are mandatory to correct working with ozmosis.

Thank you for your offer 

Smbios?

| Oz                   | Type   | Clover              | Type    |
|:---------------------|:------:--------------------|:-------
| BaseBoardAssetTag    | string | -                   | string  |
| BaseBoardSerial      | string | BoardSerialNumber   | string  |
| BiosDate             | string | BiosReleaseDate     | string  |
| BiosVersion          | string | BiosVersion         | string  |
| BoardVersion         | string | BoardType (?)       | number  |
| ChassisAssetTag      | string | ChassisAssetTag     | string  |
| CpuType              | number | -                   | string  |
| EnclosureType        | number | -                   | string  |
| FirmwareFeatures     | number | FirmwareFeatures    | string  |
| FirmwareFeaturesMask | number | -                   | string  |
| FirmwareRevision     | number | -                   | string  |
| FirmwareVendor       | string | BiosVendor          | string  |
| HardwareSignature    | string | (CustomUUID)        | string  |
| Manufacturer         | string | BoardManufacturer   | string  |
| ProductFamily        | string | Family              | string  |
| ProductId            | string | Board-ID            | string  |
| ProductName          | string | ProductName         | string  |
| SystemSKU            | string | -                   | string  |
| SystemSerial         | string | SerialNumber        | string  |
| SystemVersion        | string | Version             | string  |
| -                    | -      | Trust               | string  |
| -                    | -      | ChassisManufacturer | boolean |
| -                    | -      | PlatformFeature     | number  |
  • Like 1

Hi Kylon, it's not only smbios data, but there are others value that need to be added 

For example correct AAPL number for HD 4600, several boot-args, enable or not VodooHda or intel injection, Nvidia injection, ATI injection.

Tomorrow, if  You have spare time i can write a simple document with all options and value and a example of Defaults,plist.

About SMBIOS i saw other data more than serial number, Mac-Type and so on, for exampe hardware address, ( Mac-address of the card,)or processor serial and so on, i dont know if are mandatory to correct working with ozmosis.

Thank you for your offer 

Yes if they are not present in Defaults.plist, then can't reach desktop, I had this problem when I only modified the OzmosisDefaults from QUO-X-MASS.ROM not the patched one, after flashing it won't boot from OS X HD and shows Interdiction Logo instead of Apple's one.

Anyone got Ozmosis working on a X79 chipset?

It worked for my ASRock X79 EXTREME 6, but USB's 3.0 ports didn't worked, RAM, HDEF and Studio PCI-E Card also as I use it for GUITAR RIG 5! But all other things worked!

But I think for your UP4, maybe can work, which ITE chip the board had, I think that you have to edit LpcSensorsKext! you can skip adding VoodooTSCSync as you can boot without it! boot-args= rootless=0 dart=0 -xcpm! InjectorKext need to be modified also for your X79 Series and Marvell 88SE9172. SSDT or DSDT for Graphics to boot, it's in Device NPE3.

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1

Hello,

i have boot problems after Bios update from Z97D3H_F9_Sierra to manufacturer and back again.

I have a huge problems. My whole OS X versions (Yosemite, El Capitan & Sierra) do not boot anymore.

First of all my computer configuration:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H

Bootloader: Ozmosis Z97D3H_F9_Sierra by Griven (Ozmosis 167X-MAS Support for Sierra)

CPU: i5 4670 3.4 GHz

GPU: Intel HD 4600

3 hard disks each with Yosemite, El Capitan and Sierra with its own EFI partition.

What happened:

I changed my bios from the version Ozmosis Z97D3H_F9_Sierra (Ozmosis 167X-MAS Support for Sierra) to manufacturer version Z97-D3H-F9.

Then changed from the standard manufacturer version back to the Ozmosis Z97D3H_F9_Sierra version.

Now, none of my OSX versions are booting - it stops at:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_524.jpg

busy timeout(0), (60s), kextd wait:(0) 'GFX0'

It is probably due to the missing inject for the HD4600.

Previously i had no OzmosisDefault.plis and no DSDT.aml, it ran OOB.

Now I have made an OzmosisDefault.plist.

But with the entry here

<Key> AAPL, ig-platform-id </ key>

<Integer> 220332035 </ integer>

also the error: busy timeout (0), (60s), kextd wait: (0) 'GFX0'

Now I have made the following entry:

<Key> AAPL, ig-platform-id </ key>

<Integer> 0D220003 </ integer>

So the error does not occur. He also boots, but the graphics card is somehow not recognized correctly.

Only 6 MB VRAM. Here is a picture:

1.jpg

Please Help

For me it was not possible to solve the problem.

I tested all combinations witth different Bios, Defaults.plist, SSDT ....

I read many posts in different Boards and asked for my problem with Z97-D3H with Ozmosis and HD 4600.

But no one could help me. On the contrary many people had problems with the Z97-D3H Board and HD 4600 they could not solve.

I do not know what has shifted or moved, but I never got it running again.

Now, like many other people, I bought me a Nvidia card (GTX 750 TI).

Only if i disable the onboard Intel HD 4600 and install the Nvidia Web Driver i can boot and all is working.

Thank you anyway for the help

Jojo

For me it was not possible to solve the problem.

I tested all combinations witth different Bios, Defaults.plist, SSDT ....

I read many posts in different Boards and asked for my problem with Z97-D3H with Ozmosis and HD 4600.

But no one could help me. On the contrary many people had problems with the Z97-D3H Board and HD 4600 they could not solve.

I do not know what has shifted or moved, but I never got it running again.

Now, like many other people, I bought me a Nvidia card (GTX 750 TI).

Only if i disable the onboard Intel HD 4600 and install the Nvidia Web Driver i can boot and all is working.

Thank you anyway for the help

Jojo

Have you tried this: https://github.com/toleda/graphics_Intel_framebuffers

Yes if they are not present in Defaults.plist, then can't reach desktop, I had this problem when I only modified the OzmosisDefaults from QUO-X-MASS.ROM not the patched one, after flashing it won't boot from OS X HD and shows Interdiction Logo instead of Apple's one.

It worked for my ASRock X79 EXTREME 6, but USB's 3.0 ports didn't worked, RAM, HDEF and Studio PCI-E Card also as I use it for GUITAR RIG 5! But all other things worked!

But I think for your UP4, maybe can work, which ITE chip the board had, I think that you have to edit LpcSensorsKext! you can skip adding VoodooTSCSync as you can boot without it! boot-args= rootless=0 dart=0 -xcpm! InjectorKext need to be modified also for your X79 Series and Marvell 88SE9172. SSDT or DSDT for Graphics to boot, it's in Device NPE3.

Hi, i have same mobo Asrock x79 Extreme 6, can you share your bios with me? 

Thank you, now I can dig into trying Ozmosis again, as the biggest problem was with only 1 RAM slot working :) a few questions if you don't mind. Do I still need dart=0 if I disable VT-d in BIOS settings? And what does the -xcpm exacly do? At the moment I boot Clover without this bootarg...

Yes, i also patched the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext. This was my last hope.

I patched with this script: b - graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-b-90_patch.command

Maybe it was the wrong script. I could not find with IOJones which ports I should take.

Furthermore, there is no explanation why all systems (Yosemite, El Capitan and Sierra) did not run at all.

Except for some reason, a memory space in bios has moved.

Yes, i also patched the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext. This was my last hope.

I patched with this script: b - graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-b-90_patch.command

Maybe it was the wrong script. I could not find with IOJones which ports I should take.

Furthermore, there is no explanation why all systems (Yosemite, El Capitan and Sierra) did not run at all.

Except for some reason, a memory space in bios has moved.

I don't know the problem with this board, and I don't want to believe that it will not work also. I can just tell you to recheck your bios settings your aml files eventually if kext present will kick it, I don't know. I had many problems before, but now without patching it just DSDT clover configuration, work! Anyway, I hope for you and others to get it done!

Cordially, ammoune78! 

Thank you, now I can dig into trying Ozmosis again, as the biggest problem was with only 1 RAM slot working :) a few questions if you don't mind. Do I still need dart=0 if I disable VT-d in BIOS settings? And what does the -xcpm exacly do? At the moment I boot Clover without this bootarg...

If VT-d disabled in bios, you will not need it for the -xcpm as I know it resolve some problems with ram not all! But I think with your board you will not need many boot args as it is GIGABYTE. Idid not yet used the AppleALC for my ASRock board with Ozmosis, but it work perfectly with Clover!

• Like 1

Hi, i have same mobo Asrock x79 Extreme 6, can you share your bios with me? 

I do not use Ozmosis for it anymore, one of other stability's problem is, it have an Nuvoton NCT6776D and in LPCSensorsKext it was not, it only have ITE8XXX-X for GIGABYTE Boards as well, so you will have to take FakeSMC that will make some boot errors with some of it's plugins and edit LPCSensors by adding support for Nuvoton NCT6776D, better for you to go to GitHub requesting some help from kozlek to add it! You will have to edit DSDT or SSDT for SATA to be non-external with some InjectorKext change and GFX0, believe me you will  :wallbash:  :help:  :weight_lift: for it to work!

Here it is, with Ozmosis support for Sierra and InjectorKext edited to IntelX79Series pci8086,1d02 LpcSensorsKext also Added Nuvoton NCT6776D, not sure if it will work because of executable problem.   

I forgot to let you do an OzmosisDefaults because this one will not work for Sierra. And to not flash the Bios with SPI or anithing else, just USB Fat32 flash it from Bios Interface, and do not rename the bios after modification it will stock during flashing progress!

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1

For imac14,2 shipped with Nvidia card, please try:

- rename dedicated device to GFX0 & integrated to IGPU
- dedicated as primary: AAPL,ig-platform-id: 0x04120004 (68288516) / 0 port enabled
- integrated as primary: AAPL,ig-platform-id: other than above, and optionally use toledas script / other to match your port

<path>/yod-GPUFramebuffers.php --azul

** Remove any fakesmc plugins if you are still experiencing problems

Hi everyone, I've been away from this topic quite a while and maybe someone can (re)-pack Sierra compatible Ozmosis files with all the necessary extras?

Hi everyone, I've been away from this topic quite a while and maybe someone can (re)-pack Sierra compatible Ozmosis files with all the necessary extras?

Can you list SATA's device id, such as Intel and Marvell, i'm updating InjectorKext.

Here's my first build of InjectorKext Injector.kext.zip to try in: Efi\Oz\Darwin\Extensions\Common\Injector.kext, I think it should work for 7 Series, for 9, X79 and some ASMedia ASM1062 with 1b21,0612 Device ID will also work with thunderbolt one. Other Series will be added to the next one, but I still need there device ids.

Edited by ammoune78

Can you list SATA's device id, such as Intel and Marvell, i'm updating InjectorKext.

Here's my first build of InjectorKext attachicon.gifInjector.kext.zip to try in: Efi\Oz\Darwin\Extensions\Common\Injector.kext, I think it should work for 7 Series, for 9, X79 and some ASMedia ASM1062 with 1b21,0612 Device ID will also work with thunderbolt one. Other Series will be added to the next one, but I still need there device ids.

3 x Marvell 88SE9172 chips (Listed as standard AHCI controller in windows - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821&SUBSYS_04001AB8&REV_02) - my clover driven Sierra 10.12.2 shows it as generic ahci

Intel® 82801BA Ultra ATA Storage Controller - 244B (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_244B&SUBSYS_04001AB8&REV_05) - my clover driven Sierra 10.12.2 shows it as Intel 8 series chipset

Here's the second one: Injector kext(v1.1).zip, added Marvell chip and 2nd Intel X79. Device ID.

I still need more, in order to have big support list, here's an example on how to post the desired ID's to be injected:

Board Series: 7 Series

Vendor Name: Intel

Vendor and Device ID: 8086,1e02

Here's OZMOSIS 167X-MASS.zip original Ozmosis Staffs with updated Injector.ffs and patched Ozmosis.ffs with Sierra support from cecekpawon post!

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1

Hi Friend, I'm installing Sierra on Asrock Z87 Extreme4 /TB4 with cpu I5 with integrated 4600 card, everything seems working well, but I'm not able to load DSDT from Efi/Oz/Acpi/Load , seems that refi partition can't allow loading DSDT, if I mount Efi partition I saw DSDT file without maciasl icons, but if I click on, is corrected loaded 

any hints? 
many thanks

Hi Fred, i have a mono with .rom problem with DSDT, if you want I can debug or try to integrate in amibios, it has socketed bios chip, so I can revert any changes to make mobo working even if I make some mistakes 
Let me know if you would like try 

Don't quite know what I'm doing wrong, but for some reason rom with Ozmosis files doesnt get past the boot screen after flashing and only thing that works is the cmd+alt+p+r nvram reset combo and I have to recover my bios with long powerbutton pressing.

I compiled the rom file from my working bios file v. F8g with Samsung_m2_dxe so I can boot my PCIe SSD and added the recently provided files (kudos ammoune78) using UEFItool version from december 2015, because latest version of UEFItool isn't working.

changed stuff: EnhancedFat.ffs replacing original filesystem and to the end of the same partition inserted PartitionDxe.ffs, Ozmosis.ffs, SmcEmulatorKext.ffs, OzmosisDefaults.ffs and OzmosisHorizontalTheme.ffs

I'm uploading the rom file so maybe someone can take a look and maybe notice conflicts and/or errors.

Thanks in advance

x79up4oz.rom.zip