Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

How can I drop MATS ACPI tables in oz to be able to boot with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You still can't boot to High Sierra?

Not! I had to drop ACPI Tables "MATS" in Clover to be able to boot, but I don't know how to do it for Ozmosis.

Funny thing its that im not able to mount EFI partition anymore if its converted into APFS.

Not! I had to drop ACPI Tables "MATS" in Clover to be able to boot, but I don't know how to do it for Ozmosis.

Funny thing its that im not able to mount EFI partition anymore if its converted into APFS.

I don't think with Oz you can drop things, but do you have SmcEmulatorKext and it's stuffs on the bios?

:hysterical: I still don't know how to extract ACPI from Oz to the EFI/ACPI/Dump folder, i've tried several times! The edited DSDT is on Load folder or in Bios? Just extract the edited not native one

As for now, i wasnt able to boot Ozmosis with that patched version, it gives me Panic 0 cpu ACPIPlatform error. Same as Clover, but In Clover I dropped MATS ACPI tables and I managed to boot. So whats needed for ozmosis to boot on Z87 and Haswell CPU? Just asking.

Keep in mind that this is NOT Clover and I didn't need any changes to ACPI/DSDT to boot 10.13 and neither should any of you..

No, he's problem it was a patched DSDT that have renamed GFX0 to IGPU and PEG0 to PEGP and PEGP to GFX0, without carrying that there's SaSsdt that contain an External Graphics Devices, it's SaSsdt was not modified for the patches used on DSDT!

This is why he can't boot to OS X without dropping something! 

As for now, i wasnt able to boot Ozmosis with that patched version, it gives me Panic 0 cpu ACPIPlatform error. Same as Clover, but In Clover I dropped MATS ACPI tables and I managed to boot. So whats needed for ozmosis to boot on Z87 and Haswell CPU? Just asking.

Can you make lspci -nn from linux, copy paste result in txt file and upload it?

• Like 1

Ill try, but I need a linux image.

Tried two bios images. One from h*ckintosh-forum.de another from h*ckintosh-inc.de Lookslike both of bios images have same dsdt modifications, as I receive panic cpu 0 acpi error. :(

Obviously i replaced patched HighSierra oz.efi

From iOREG can you list:

IGPU: subsystem-id and subsystem-vendor-id

GFX0: device-id, vendor-id, subsystem-id and subsystem-vendor-id

HDEF: device-id

SAT0: device-id

SBUS: device-id

LPC: device-id

MEI or HECI: device-id

And also the location of GLAN in ioreg it should have a en0 name in RP03 maybe, just confirm if in: _SB.PCI0.RP03.PXSX

Edited by ammoune78

To Dump ACPI tables from Oz you need to set ACPI Loader Mode in nvram or Defaults.plist

Changing AcpiLoader Mode
============================

Add The Following Values Together For Default Acpi Loader Mode

ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DISABLE        0x00000000
  ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE         0x00000001
  ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DUMP           0x00000002
  ACPI_LOADER_MODE_WINDOWS        0x00000008
  ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY  0x00000040

Default Value : ACPI_LOADER_MODE_ENABLE | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_DARWIN | ACPI_LOADER_MODE_UPDATE_LEGACY = 0x45

To Change

sudo nvram 1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101:AcpiLoaderMode=0x45

Note: They can also be controlled by using Defaults.plist placed on boot hard-drive efi system partition and path is /EFI/OZ/Defaults.plist, see bellow for example.

WARNING! Defaults.plist will override the one found in firmware and values are used only if variables are not already added.
For example if you want to set BiosVersion using Defaults.plist and was already set by Defaults from Firmware, you will need
to do a 4 finger NVRAM reset or delete the BiosVersion variable from shell, for the new one to be used.

Default Settings Example of Modifications on Defaults.plist
===========================================================

// If AcpiLoaderMode NEEDS to be changed, change second line, put desired value, then add both line in Defaults.plist
<key>AcpiLoaderMode</key>
<integer>0x45</integer>
  • Like 1

Hi,

So I struggling to install 10.13 without using clover, only by OZ, but i have some problems.

This is what happens when i try to install OS (gray screen and rainbow wheel):

So people told me, that as i use only Intel 4600 GPU to install, i need to use lilubeta and igfxbeta with keys -lilubeta -igfxbeta, and this is what happens when i use them:

This is how my Oz efi looking now (when i made this screen, this was first attempt without lilubeta and igfxbeta kexts)

If someone got idea what im doing wrong, please share them with me. Want tot do it without using clover.

Hi,
So I struggling to install 10.13 without using clover, only by OZ, but i have some problems.
This is what happens when i try to install OS (gray screen and rainbow wheel):
So people told me, that as i use only Intel 4600 GPU to install, i need to use lilubeta and igfxbeta with keys -lilubeta -igfxbeta, and this is what happens when i use them:

This is how my Oz efi looking now (when i made this screen, this was first attempt without lilubeta and igfxbeta kexts)

If someone got idea what im doing wrong, please share them with me. Want tot do it without using clover.

The patched Ozmosis is not loaded, and you still need working SMBios, FirmwareFeatures and FirmwareFeaturesMask, Enable IntelInjection, AAPL,ig-platform-id from Defaults.plist  

The patched Ozmosis is not loaded, and you still need working SMBios, FirmwareFeatures and FirmwareFeaturesMask, Enable IntelInjection, AAPL,ig-platform-id from Defaults.plist  

SMbios copied from real mac, maybe i puted new OZ in wrong folder? I will try kext injector kext you posted couple posts back and put oz2.ffs in Oz folder. 

Do i need link Injectorkext V1.3 in Defaults.plist ? 

Put kexts in Common folder, do not link Injector just put it in Common folder, Sata will appear as 8Series for your board

Edited by ammoune78

good question, you maybe able todo it using a dummy MATS.aml that has the header but has no content .....

I have managed to install High Sierra with my 0zmosis bios. no HDMI sound. and need a new web drive for the GTX1070. onboard graphics for the cpu works too

boot args: -lilubeta -alcbeta             and it will work, download the pkg from Nvidia that work for you, pkgutil it and remove OSX Version!

Can you share how you did it with only Ozmosis, did you used FakeSMC or Smc EmulatorKext instead! 

Edited by ammoune78
  • Like 1

So, I had same errors and as you mentioned earlier - it new Oz not booting. As I was putting oz not in bios, but on efi, I decided to put it and flash the bios.

So I flashed it after mod, fist boot and I have only recovery volume to boot from (recovery from 10.12.5).

So ok, I can boot to recovery and make usual partition to boot from, it I can't. In verbose mode it stops on fakesmc, trying to boot in cmnd+x, ain't booting.

The only way I see it, flash back older Oz, and then try again through puting it in efi, but after refresh nvram, I won't be able to boot into 10.12.6 again.

How can I make partition bootable through single user command prompt?