Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Really nothing special here. Usually i search on internet for newest apple firmware dump (if any) and extract their hfsplus module (4CF484CD-135F-4FDC-BAFB-1AA104B48D36). Is anyone here also cannot found that module on newest macbook pro firmware? Below based on Z170GK3.F21 (theres 2, with mmtool & uefitool).

Any way to use applealc on ozmosis ?

Injector doest work.

You can use the AppleALC Source Code from vit9696 repository on Github and build it with XCode by yourself! How to? Simple:

Delete all codecs and all Layout ID's except the one that you will use to have an builded kext with small size, then you can try to include it Inside your bios!

If too many codecs on the AppleALC you will not be able to reach the desktop if you are using Ozmosis!

I forgot one other thing, when the kext is already builded, use the cecekpawon patch for AppleALC to includ all the codecs info into one Info.plist, the AppleALC patcher can be downloaded from cecekpawon repository!

Edited by ammoune78

@cecekpawon

Thank you, yes now I am able to insert all files...but the critical part is flashing it back. I have SPI programmer but not sure it will work as BIOS is protected. we need some one like code rush need to looked into this matter I think...even if we did flash back the modified BIOS will osmosis able to detect sky lake CPU?? 

I have two questions...

1) I am able to add ALC 892 to BIOS and is working fine with graphics card installed. without graphics card it won't work...I am not sure why?

2) every one knows that AppleALC wont work wake from sleep so we need to use codeccommander.kext and I have seen many of them are successful. but in my case I am not successful I have tried several methods and installed it into S/L/E folder then into L/E folder no success and also tried with darkwake=8 boot-arg but still no success!! is there any other step I need to do to enable codeccommander/appleALC wake from sleep??

For sound output, did you try another layout-id for your codec provided by developer? With my macpro6 hack, I use this legendary patch to wake my sound without CodecCommander. The exact patterns also could be found on some codecs in AppleALC including 892, so you dont have to patch it by hand. I dont know why it doesnt work for you. In traditional way, you can try my fork of hdaInjector.sh, for Sierra:

./hdaInjector.sh -b 8B19D411,9208EC10#8A19D411,00000000#41C60600488BBB68,41C60601488BBB68

I have alc887, and I don't have any problem with it!

As i wrote, i use the AppleALC source code from vit9696 Repository " thanks for your work and for how to Build ALCkext for only one codec " and i delete:

1-  From it's Resources folder all the Codecs Except mine the ALC887 and i delete all the Layout ID's that I will not use from the ALC887 folder

2-  All Codec's and Layout's informations from kern_resources.cpp in the AppleALC folder.

After that I build it with Xcode and I download the GenAppleALC.sh from the cecekpawon repository "thanks Man"and it will let you to merge all plugins infos into one plist. 

Now you have a fully working AppleALC without any problem, I use it in my BIOS and I don't have any Wake after Sleep problem with no sound or whatever you want!

Tested with success.

Edited by ammoune78

For those, who don't have that much space, here you have the new AppleALC version (just smaller) for the most common audio codecs :) actually, it is made exactly made the way, @ammune78 explained it, but with all the layout IDs, so you don't have any compromises concerning your codec!

PS: Here it is in form of a script, that automatically downloads the files (older version 1.0.19): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321294-applealc-into-bios/

AppleALC-887.zip

AppleALC-892.zip

AppleALC-1150.zip

• Like 3

@cecekpawon @ammoune78

Thank you and sorry for the delay in reply. I was tried like ammoune78 said by compressing module and injected in Bios. but it won't work if I won't install graphics card. if I install graphics card sound will enable and works great but had wake from sleep issue.

I am not sure if this may be due to the Layout id injector HDAenabler.kext using it for jesting layout id 1. I am not expert in DSDT layout id injection so I am using HDAEnabler.kext.

@cecekpawon @ammoune78

Thank you and sorry for the delay in reply. I was tried like ammoune78 said by compressing module and injected in Bios. but it won't work if I won't install graphics card. if I install graphics card sound will enable and works great but had wake from sleep issue.

I am not sure if this may be due to the Layout id injector HDAenabler.kext using it for jesting layout id 1. I am not expert in DSDT layout id injection so I am using HDAEnabler.kext.

Delete all kexts HDA keep only the native one, download the AppleALC1150 from the Fredde2209 post, and try this Patched DSDT: DSDT GA-Z170-Gaming K3-EU Rev1.1 F21.aml.zip

For those, who don't have that much space, here you have the new AppleALC version (just smaller) for the most common audio codecs :) actually, it is made exactly made the way, @ammune78 explained it, but with all the layout IDs, so you don't have any compromises concerning your codec!

PS: Here it is in form of a script, that automatically downloads the files (older version 1.0.19): http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321294-applealc-into-bios/

Don´t Work with sierra.

Any tutorial to insert SSDT to DSDT like in this ROM ?

This post is not the one that is supposed to have an SSDT inside the DSDT, but the Murvold one instead!

Ok the thing is easy just look at the QUO DSDT and you will see in the last Scopes an second Scope named (_PR):

The first step: generate your SSDT Pm, once done open up your DSDT and go to the last braces, you will have to press enter to make space between those two last braces, then write as here:

}

Scope (_PR)

{

}

}

Now you have to copy your SSDT code from MaciASL without External (_PR_.CPU0, ProcessorObj), but from Scope (\_PR.CPU0) until before the last braces, then past the code into your DSDT between the two braces like here:

}

Scope (_PR)

{

Scope (\_PR.CPU0)

{

}

}

}

Then you just have to delete the \_PR. from each CPU Scope as for the earlier example: (\_PR.CPU0) and keep only (CPU0), repeat the same thing for the: CPU1, CPU2, ....etc

Save your DSDT, thats all.

Don´t Work with sierra.

Which layout id do you use?

Edited by ammoune78

This post is not the one that is supposed to have an SSDT inside the DSDT, but the Murvold one instead!

Ok the thing is easy just look at the QUO DSDT and you will see in the last Scopes an second Scope named (_PR):

The first step: generate your SSDT Pm, once done open up your DSDT and go to the last braces, you will have to press enter to make space between those two last braces, then write as here:

}

Scope (_PR)

{

}

}

Now you have to copy your SSDT code from MaciASL without External (_PR_.CPU0, ProcessorObj), but from Scope (\_PR.CPU0) until before the last braces, then past the code into your DSDT between the two braces like here:

}

Scope (_PR)

{

Scope (\_PR.CPU0)

{

}

}

}

Then you just have to delete the \_PR. from each CPU Scope as for the earlier example: (\_PR.CPU0) and keep only (CPU0), repeat the same thing for the: CPU1, CPU2, ....etc

Save your DSDT, thats all.

Which layout id do you use?

Tanks for the explanation about SSDT into DSDT, I try later.

Layout ID 1, works perfectly in Yosemite ( not tested in El Capitan), I compiled my own AppleALC with only ALC892, like you suggestion, but in Sierra don't worked. After put lily.kext in /s/l/e/ worked like a charm. Any suggestion about this problem ?

Tanks for the explanation about SSDT into DSDT, I try later.

Layout ID 1, works perfectly in Yosemite ( not tested in El Capitan), I compiled my own AppleALC with only ALC892, like you suggestion, but in Sierra don't worked. After put lily.kext in /s/l/e/ worked like a charm. Any suggestion about this problem ?

For the kext to work and as you use the Layout ID 1, just keep in the kern_resources.cpp file the Revision1 code and it's Platform1 and Layout1 delete all other code from Realtek one and other codecs like Creative and others also except for Intel and if you use AMD or NVIDIA just keep only what you use.

Now from Resources folder you will have to open some files and also delete what you don't use like X99 platform and others from ALC892 folder, keep only Layout1.xml.zlib, PlatformsT.xml.zlib, PlatformsM.xml.xlib and PlatformsID.xml.zlib from the info.plist and ALC892 folder also delete LayoutID not needed and Platform with ID not needed.

Go to PinConfiguration.kext and open it's Info.plist, go to HDAConfigDefault and go to the 125 line "this is what you have to keep as you have ALC892 with Layout ID 1"  and delete all other lines, compile your AppleALC.

Final step is to go to the cecekpawon Repository on GitHub and download it's OSXSolved, drag the yod-GenAppleALC.sh to the Terminal and drag your AppleALC and it will generate a new one which contains all the things into one Info.plist "Note that the zipped one is the non patched".

You can now use your AppleALC in EFI partition or Inside your Bios.

Don't forget to LIKE  :D  ^_^, and the tut's are coming I just need a couple of time for it!

may I ask, why the hell you try to create one your own? I posted a version for your codec that will probably work just fine... If you downloaded it, you would have seen, I've also put the .kext files into that directory so you can use those instead, if you prefer loading your kernel extensions from the efi partition.

@ammoune78 I can create that tutorial as well, I've got some time today :)

may I ask, why the hell you try to create one your own? I posted a version for your codec that will probably work just fine... If you downloaded it, you would have seen, I've also put the .kext files into that directory so you can use those instead, if you prefer loading your kernel extensions from the efi partition.

@ammoune78 I can create that tutorial as well, I've got some time today :)

Friend of mine, you have to know that reading topics is the most important thing, as you will see before my last post Israel Fernandes has quoted your post with the answer: "Don´t Work with Sierra." because I quoted Mathiew2005in with the answer: "Delete all kexts HDA keep only the native one, download the AppleALC1150 from the Fredde2209 post", finally it don't work with Sierra for Israel Fernandes, so he quoted me with this answer: Layout ID 1, works perfectly in Yosemite ( not tested in El Capitan), I compiled my own AppleALC with only ALC892, like you suggestion, but in Sierra don't worked. After put lily.kext in /s/l/e/ worked like a charm. Any suggestion about this problem ? That's why i decided to explain for him how to do it's own AppleALC892 by the same way i did because it worked for me without any kind of problem!

Last thing, I talked about tuts not for AppleALC, but because you didn't read the earliest posts, and as I already said because of reading problem, became problems for some friends to post questions that has been answered before, and this is the problem why The KiNG was stopped from this topic "It make him crazy, the people that don't read but just keep asking for things that have been answered, and sometimes he speak sharkly and I sometimes agree with him, and he's one of the QUO Board team because he builded it's ACPI and he know all about it", so I've decided to ask some Moderators for doing an read only Topic for just how to for all things about Ozmosis an couple of tuts.

So we all have to just keep reading, I'm one from others that enter to this topic maybe 7 of 10 time per day "just to be updated, for helping and getting helps for few things"

Cordially ammoune78

• Like 1