Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2019 at 4:56 PM, Sherlocks said:

just add disable option if user dont want and keep vanilla.

You may do it by yourself.

Introduce a key in config.plist and insert line

if (!NoRomInfo) PatchTableType11();

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Slice said:

You may do it by yourself.

Introduce a key in config.plist and insert line

if (!NoRomInfo) PatchTableType11();

thanks slice. after check, i will commit it

EDIT1.

committed

yes we back hardware overview like real mac, if you want it, add NoRomInfo TRUE in smbios part in config.

2118805010_2019-12-1312_02_30.png.f1ae94542893545de02f4b9de175c7af.png

Edited by Sherlocks
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For option 2 do I have to provide HFSPlus myself?

buildme, Clover v2.5k r5100 (SHA: f3797c12)
TOOLCHAIN: GCC53 (override example: './buildme XCODE8')

1) build Clover
 2) build Clover with HFSPlus
 3) make pkg
 4) make app
 5) make iso
 6) build all
 7) test build (no autogen, no boot files)
 8) status
 9) update Clover
10) update Clover (reset changes)
11) show diff
12) open drivers directory
13) clean BaseTools
14) quit
Please enter your choice: 

Edited by D-an-W

@Slice

Can you complete your implementation of this protocol? Thank you!

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/blob/master/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Injectors.c#L350-L355

//obligatory protocol
  Status = gBS->InstallProtocolInterface (&gImageHandle,
  &gDevicePropertiesGuid,
  EFI_NATIVE_INTERFACE,
  &mDeviceProperties
  );
Edited by maleorderbride

5 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

@maleorderbride Out of curiousity, what are you planning to use it for?

I am attempting to inject some thunderbolt AAPL,PathProperties via .efi, but am unable to do so in Clover. OpenCore supports it, but Clover does not yet.

Even removing this partial implementation in Clover would be an improvement since then I could use EfiDevicePathPropertyDatabase.efi to enable AAPL,PathProperties injection via .efi, which used to work in older versions of Clover before Clover partially enabled this feature.

Edited by maleorderbride

Hi @vector sigma

Sorry for my stupid question: I don't understand this line in  Builme

buildCloverHFSPlus() {
if [[ -f "${CLOVERROOT}"/FileSystems/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi ]]; then
  echo "building Clover with HFSPlus"
  buildClover HFSPlus
else
  echo "${CLOVERROOT}/FileSystems/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi: no such file!"
  sleep 3
  menu
fi
}

There is no HFSPlus.efi in CloverBootloader Repo, we've to add manually in this specific directory in local repo.

Actually, I use "custom build script" to that: add to Clover PKG :) What is the good way to add HFSPlus.efi.

Please

12 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @vector sigma

Sorry for my stupid question: I don't understand this line in  Builme

buildCloverHFSPlus() {
if [[ -f "${CLOVERROOT}"/FileSystems/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi ]]; then
  echo "building Clover with HFSPlus"
  buildClover HFSPlus
else
  echo "${CLOVERROOT}/FileSystems/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi: no such file!"
  sleep 3
  menu
fi
}

If ../FileSystems/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi exists then build Clover EFI with embedded HFSPlus instead of VBoxHfs

Otherwise tell the user that doesn't have HFSPlus, sleep 3 seconds and reload the initial menu.

There is no HFSPlus.efi in CloverBootloader Repo, we've to add manually in this specific directory in local repo.

Is what I wrote 4 posts above your in this page.

Actually, I use "custom build script" to that: add to Clover PKG :) What is the good way to add HFSPlus.efi.

I'm not sure your custom build script will embed HFSPlus inside boot6 or boot7 :D.

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, D-an-W said:

Ok thanks, is there only one version of the file?

it is coming from the Apple firmware, so I cannot know if and when they are going to update it. But I'm 99% sure that Apple have no great interest in making changes to an old driver used for years ... considering now it uses apfs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

If ../FileSystems/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi does notexist then build Clover EFI with embedded HFSPlus instead of VBoxHfs

Otherwise tell the user that doesn't have HFSPlus, sleep 3 seconds and reload the initial menu.

Is what I wrote 4 posts above your in this page.

I'm not sure your custom build script will embed HFSPlus inside boot6 or boot7 :D.

After a few days in the hospital, my mind is not clear. Sorry.

Right, my custom script don't embed HFSPlus inside boot 6 or boot7 for my UEFI system. If I understand well, option 2 is optional. Is it mandatory to embed VBoxHFS or HFPlus to Clover Boot :) I want to use Clover Installer like before.

My english is very bad

18 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

oh, Hope you're be well soon :)

18 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Right, my custom script don't embed HFSPlus inside boot 6 or boot7 for my UEFI system. If I understand well, option 2 is optional. Is it mandatory to embed VBoxHFS or HFPlus to Clover Boot :) I want to use Clover Installer like before.

Is it not mandatory to use this option. HFSPlus should be used only for UEFi boot as boot6/7 already has an HFS driver. I.e. there is no need to add it to drivers/BIOS. If you use both, Is not clear what driver will be used or anyway you are going to load both and I really don't know which one will win or if some conflicts are going to happen. 

buildme tells ebuild.sh to use HFSPlus for legacy boot and also add it to the FileSystem drivers for UEFI booting, skipping VboxHfs (so will show up in the pkg). More than one driver is embedded, but if no HFSPlus is provided, VboxHfs will be used anyway.

Edited by vector sigma
typos
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

My english is very bad

curl -L https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro/master/Files/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi -o /tmp/HFSPlus.efi
cp -rp "$3"/tmp/HFSPlus.efi ~/src/CloverBootloader/CloverPackage/CloverV2/EFI/CLOVER/drivers/off/UEFI/FileSystem
Sleep 1

rm -rf /tmp/HFSPlus.efi
echo "**********************************************  "
echo "HFSPlus Installed done. " 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, vector sigma said:

oh, Hope you're be well soon :)

Is it not mandatory to use this option. HFSPlus should be used only for UEFi boot as boot6/7 already has an HFS driver. I.e. there is no need to add it to drivers/BIOS. If you use both, Is not clear what driver will be used or anyway you are going to load both and I really don't know which one will win or if some conflicts are going to happen. 

buildme tells ebuild.sh to use HFSPlus for legacy boot and also add it to the FileSystem drivers for UEFI booting, skipping VboxHfs (so will show up in the pkg). More than one driver is embedded, but if no HFSPlus is provided, VboxHfs will be used anyway.

It was special improvement in CloverEFI (file boot6 or boot7) for external driver will be winner.

It means that if boot6 was compiled with VBosHFS.efi and the folder drivers/BIOS contains HFSPlus.efi then the last will be winner. And vice versa.

• Like 3

On 12/14/2019 at 5:14 PM, maleorderbride said:

I am attempting to inject some thunderbolt AAPL,PathProperties via .efi, but am unable to do so in Clover. OpenCore supports it, but Clover does not yet.

Even removing this partial implementation in Clover would be an improvement since then I could use EfiDevicePathPropertyDatabase.efi to enable AAPL,PathProperties injection via .efi, which used to work in older versions of Clover before Clover partially enabled this feature.

Clover since the first day enabled this feature.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 12:20 PM, Sherlocks said:

thanks slice. after check, i will commit it

EDIT1.

committed

yes we back hardware overview like real mac, if you want it, add NoRomInfo TRUE in smbios part in config.

2118805010_2019-12-1312_02_30.png.f1ae94542893545de02f4b9de175c7af.png

NoRomInfo is YES but I am still seeing Apple ROM section;

2081403521_ScreenShot2019-12-17at17_36_06.png.3a01666633851dbecae9b5e605ece177.png

714887285_ScreenShot2019-12-17at17_37_09.png.0bddadd357894f74d76c68d76067a003.png

• Like 1