Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Is there a 5100 pkg release?

Cause, Clover Updater seems to think so. And also, the Releases page on Github does have this build listed as available.

2001657196_Screenshot2019-12-07at10_16_44.thumb.png.5e77f266bfff4e8a89863157c6b20c35.png

However, clicking the Update button, the user gets redirected to a Page Not Found: https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/download/5100/Clover_v2.5k_r5100.pkg

I'm guessing probably because the link to the file is actually this: https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/download/5100/CloverV2-5100.zip ?

Probably just a typo. :)

Also, I'm giving the app a try. Looks very promising so far. Well done, Vector!

Update: Nevermind, that's not the installer. So...I guess we don't have a pkg version anymore. That's why Page Not Found. So, what about people who used that version? What would be the recommended course of action? Uninstall the pkg version and install the app version? Do we have an uninstaller?

Aside from removing the Clover Updater PrefPane is there anything else that's not needed anymore with the app version and can be cleared?

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Hi guys,

Is there a 5100 pkg release?

Cause, Clover Updater seems to think so. And also, the Releases page on Github does have this build listed as available.

However, clicking the Update button, the user gets redirected to a Page Not Found: https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/download/5100/Clover_v2.5k_r5100.pkg

I'm guessing probably because the link to the file is actually: https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/download/5100/CloverV2-5100.zip

Probably just a typo. :)

Also, I'm giving the app a try. Looks very promising so far. Well done, Vector!

Update: Nevermind, that's not the installer. So...I guess we don't have a pkg version anymore. That's why Page Not Found. So, what about people who used that version? What would be the recommended course of action? Uninstall the pkg version and install the app version? Do we have an uninstaller?

Hi @arsradu

Clover PKG is already there, with zip extension. The Installer PKG can also be compile manually to keep his icon. Unfortunately, when I unzip, he loses it

Clover PKG.png

• Like 2

I am very blind this morning. :)) Totally missed the zip below. Thanks, Mat!

So...I'm guessing there is an issue downloading it from the Clover Updater then. It's looking for the pkg version and we only have the zip version apparently, as opposed to 5099 which also came in a single pkg file.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2

I don't have any issue with sleep and wake or closing lid on HP ProBook 6570b macOS Catalina 10.15

Clover r5100 pkg installation

Sleep working like the first beta of Catalina and sleep works on Mojave like before with th previous clover version

VIDEO SLEEP

• Like 1

Hi All Guys,

Sorry if it's Off-Topic:

Each time I update Clover from my Z390 Aorus Master since 10.15.2 Dev Beta 4, I've got the issue below. F11 key don't solved it.

Using AptioMemoryFix or new OCQuicks driver for Clover, the problem is the same.

Any ideas, please

IMG_20191209_080333.jpg

Edited by Matgen84

6 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi All Guys,

Sorry if it's Off-Topic:

Each time I update Clover from my Z390 Aorus Master since 10.15.2 Dev Beta 4, I've got the issue below. F11 key don't solved it.

Using AptioMemoryFix or new OCQuicks driver for Clover, the problem is the same.

Any ideas, please

IMG_20191209_080333.jpg

I had a kinda similar situation. I solved it using OCquirks drivers and ported some of OC's parameter into my clover config.plist. But my issue is more to SMBios choice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, onemanOSX said:

I had a kinda similar situation. I solved it using OCquirks drivers and ported some of OC's parameter into my clover config.plist. But my issue is more to SMBios choice.

Very strange issue, same with AptioMemoryFix and OCQuirks rev_7 :) My Z390 Aorus Master has Native Nvram according to the test via Terminal.

What sort of parameters do you ported? I want to try OCQuirks rev_8, latest release. So I can update Clover correctly.

Sorry for OFF-Topic

can we have chance to use vanilla hardware overview in system profiler?

disable option

look

Even if you check, the real t2 chip model
Information about the ROM is not in the System Information column.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203001

macos-catalina-mbp-system-report-hardware.thumb.png.641f3b8395cabdff7e74b32109c79a6b.png

we now have custom smbios info.

i want to disable custom smbios info. bcuz i want to use it close to real mac.

614080433_2019-12-0911_58_32.png.a01ede70421a13533a1363ebfac1bd87.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

can we have chance to use vanilla hardware overview in system profiler?

disable option

look

Even if you check, the real t2 chip model
Information about the ROM is not in the System Information column.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203001

we now have custom smbios info.

i want to disable custom smbios info. bcuz i want to use it close to real mac.

Do you means that users could hidden this information? For my part, they are useful (because direct access to them: BIOS ID/ Board ID) but some are duplicates. Just my opinion.

1.png

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Do you means that users could hidden this information? For my part, they are useful (because direct access to them: BIOS ID/ Board ID) but some are duplicates. Just my opinion.

1.png

hide is yes.

i want to hide entire apple rom information part from config option.

compare both real mac and hackin mac.

my point is same like real mac.

Edited by Sherlocks

8 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

hide is yes.

i want to hide entire apple rom information part from config option.

compare both real mac and hackin mac.

my point is same like real mac.

I understand well your point of vue: left click like macOS Build number for example. It would be a way to hide them.

Stupid question: How to get BIOS-ID and BOARD-ID on Hackintosh or real mac under macOS?

System Profiler is made by Apple. It is for Apple to decide what to show here.

I made SMBIOS like in real Mac which does have SMBIOS table 11 except some rear models.

I agree about duplicates it can be excluded.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I understand well your point of vue: left click like macOS Build number for example. It would be a way to hide them.

Stupid question: How to get BIOS-ID and BOARD-ID on Hackintosh or real mac under macOS?

i didnot mention left click hide info.

just remove Apple ROM info. just like real mac.

realmac which has T2 chip, also there is no Apple ROM info in Hardware review in system profiler. clover added cosmetic info in hardware review part in system profiler.

• Haha 2