Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2018 at 3:26 AM, viktr said:

Hi,

Found strange problem. ApfsDriverLoader.efi and DumpUefiCalls.efi together make clover boot menu empty - clover do not see any bootable apfs partitions. Is it supposed to be so?

Problem inside OvrLoadImage function in DumpUefiCalls

Since Clover can change PCI config registers, I’d like to suggest integrating the functionality of FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

This’ll replace the need for complicated DSDT patches or additional kexts. And I believe this is a patch used by a big enough number of users to warrant its addition to Clover.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr. Hurt said:

Since Clover can change PCI config registers, I’d like to suggest integrating the functionality of FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext

This’ll replace the need for complicated DSDT patches or additional kexts. And I believe this is a patch used by a big enough number of users to warrant its addition to Clover.

I will hear you.

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Can I please get a list of drivers to remove from drivers64uefi if I’m not using FileVault.

I don't use FileVault and I only use the following drivers:

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi

AppleImageLoader-64.efi

AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

VBoxHfs-64.efi - For booting from HFS volumes like USB installers and older HFS bootable volumes

Edited by Cyberdevs
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 2:51 PM, Slice said:

If not using FV2 then you can safely remove

AppleKeyAggregator

AppleUITheme

FirmwareVolume

HashServiceFix

As well OsxFatBinaryDrv needed only for 10.8 and older.

SMCHelper needed for FV2 and for Hibernation.

AppleImageLoader may check digital sign of loaded module but you can live without it.

After removing those drivers i'm still left with:

AppleImageCodec-64.efi

AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi

FirmwareVolume-64.efi

FSInject-64.efi

Are the above needed for NON FV boot?

6 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

After removing those drivers i'm still left with:

AppleImageCodec-64.efi

AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi

FirmwareVolume-64.efi

FSInject-64.efi

Are the above needed for NON FV boot?

Hi,

I think FirwareVolume-64 is the same as FirmwareVolume (Slice's post), I remove it. I delete also AppleImageCodec-64.efi (Decode PNG and BMP for FileVault2). I use AptioInputFix-64.efi instead of AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi on my system.

On 8/30/2018 at 10:26 PM, viktr said:

Hi,

Found strange problem. ApfsDriverLoader.efi and DumpUefiCalls.efi together make clover boot menu empty - clover do not see any bootable apfs partitions. Is it supposed to be so?

I have an even stranger one. I was using ApfsDriverLoader successfully for a while until today where after a reboot the boot menu is empty. I don't have DumpeUefiCalls.efi

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi        DataHubDxe-64.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi        FSInject-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi    FirmwareVolume-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi        SMCHelper-64.efi
AptioInputFix-64.efi        VBoxHfs-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

Tried the latest ApfsDriverLoader (which has dropped the -64) and same problem. My backup USB that uses the old way of apfs.efi is working fine.

16 minutes ago, indiekiduk said:

I have an even stranger one. I was using ApfsDriverLoader successfully for a while until today where after a reboot the boot menu is empty. I don't have DumpeUefiCalls.efi

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi        DataHubDxe-64.efi
AppleImageCodec-64.efi        FSInject-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi    FirmwareVolume-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi        SMCHelper-64.efi
AptioInputFix-64.efi        VBoxHfs-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi

Tried the latest ApfsDriverLoader (which has dropped the -64) and same problem. My backup USB that uses the old way of apfs.efi is working fine.

@Slice says: "For debugging wake from hibernation there is DumpUefiCalls.efi  driver that compiled together with Clover but not included into release package." It is also normal to not have it

Do you use FireVault? If not, do you try to delete AppleKeyAggregator and reboot?

The list of drivers usefull ONLY for FV2

AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleKeyFeeder.efi
AppleKeyMapAggregator.efi
AppleUISupport-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
HashServiceFix-64.efi
AptioInputFix-64.efi
AppleEvent.efi

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Slice said:

The list of drivers usefull ONLY for FV2

AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleKeyFeeder.efi
AppleKeyMapAggregator.efi
AppleUISupport-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
HashServiceFix-64.efi
AptioInputFix-64.efi
AppleEvent.efi

I don't find AppleKeyMapAggregator-64.efi in clover build package. For AptioInputFix-64, the description indicate: "Driver to fix input problems on UEFI firmware such as AMI Aptio." I don't understand why is only for FV2

29 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I don't find AppleKeyMapAggregator-64.efi in clover build package. For AptioInputFix-64, the description indicate: "Driver to fix input problems on UEFI firmware such as AMI Aptio." I don't understand why is only for FV2

I didn't see any input problems other than FV2 password input.

AppleKeyMapAggregator as well as AppleEvent can be found elsewhere mostly for oz users.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

That is true only for the MMIO component, from what I know PMIO works under the same conditions as FakeSMC.

What is the condition for FakeSMC? AFAIK it always works.

I apologize friends, but this discussion of what drivers are needed for this or that, has already made me delete some, come back again and I do not use FV2.

Why not separate into the Clover installation options? Type: "UEFI Drivers without FV2" and "UEFI Drivers with FV2"

Thanks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JorgeMax said:

I apologize friends, but this discussion of what drivers are needed for this or that, has already made me delete some, come back again and I do not use FV2.

Why not separate into the Clover installation options? Type: "UEFI Drivers without FV2" and "UEFI Drivers with FV2"

Thanks

Good idea :) But I think, there is a risk of duplication. Some drivers are necessary for FV2 user or not. Drivers descriptions with the mention FV2 seem to me the simplest

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 9:53 AM, Matgen84 said:

@Slice says: "For debugging wake from hibernation there is DumpUefiCalls.efi  driver that compiled together with Clover but not included into release package." It is also normal to not have it

Do you use FireVault? If not, do you try to delete AppleKeyAggregator and reboot?

No, not using FileValut and never heard of AppleKeyAggregator. How would one debug why ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi cannot find apfs.efi on the system drive? As it seems to me that is the issue given that it boots fine when ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi is replaced with apfs.efi

No, not using FileValut and never heard of AppleKeyAggregator. How would one debug why ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi cannot find apfs.efi on the system drive? As it seems to me that is the issue given that it boots fine when ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi is replaced with apfs.efi

If your having an issue with ApfsDriverLoader then open a seperate topic but first make sure your using the latest one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your having an issue with ApfsDriverLoader then open a seperate topic but first make sure your using the latest one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, indiekiduk said:

In your previous post, your list mentions AppleKeyAggregator. Right? Also, I wrote "do you try to delete AppleKeyAggregator and reboot?"

As @SavageAUS saying: use the latest one and if your having an issue with ApfsDriverLoader, open a topic for your problem

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

In your previous post, your list mentions AppleKeyAggregator. Right? Also, I wrote "do you try to delete AppleKeyAggregator and reboot?"

As @SavageAUS saying: use the latest one and if your having an issue with ApfsDriverLoader, open a topic for your problem

Sorry I didn't realise you meant another .efi file for some reason I thought you were talking about KeyChain oops. Anyway I realise now you meant the AppleKeyAggregator.efi appearing in my file listing and deleting still doesn't fix the problem (of no drives appearing). I will post a thread about this to discuss further and edit this post to include the link. Btw I tried to help by adding entries for all of these new .efi files to the Clover wiki page on them but sadly the Google login is broken.

edit: link to seperate topic on my issue 

Edited by indiekiduk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, indiekiduk said:

Sorry I didn't realise you meant another .efi file for some reason I thought you were talking about KeyChain oops. Anyway I realise now you meant the AppleKeyAggregator.efi appearing in my file listing and deleting still doesn't fix the problem (of no drives appearing). I will post a thread about this to discuss further and edit this post to include the link. Btw I tried to help by adding entries for all of these new .efi files to the Clover wiki page on them but sadly the Google login is broken.

I think only clover team can modify clover wiki :) Where do you put your thread? I don't find it

• Like 2