Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

You're welcome, you only need to use only one of these drivers so either remove the apfs.efi and use (ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and AppleImageLoader-64.efi) instead or only use apfs.efi

The patched file works a treat, would the other method benefit me in any way?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Like forgetting about searching for a right version of apfs.efi which ApfsDriverLoader load from the chosen OS....so is always the right one...

Interesting, I guess I need to try it now and see if the debug info is removed as with the other method.

EDIT: works ok, could it be slightly slower in loading though or am I imagining it?

Edited by D-an-W

1 hour ago, D-an-W said:

EDIT: works ok, could it be slightly slower in loading though or am I imagining it?

What to say... could be since it needs to read all apfs container to find the relative apfs.efi. But honestly its magic job and the service received it's really convenience than be 0,1 second faster, Imho.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, telepati said:

Guys are there any differences in ApfsDriverLoader.efi and ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi? or just name changed but still the same files?

The name make no difference, but at least ebuild.sh should always use the -x64.efi suffix, otherwise I guess is copied by a third party script?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi

commit r4687 introduce drivers-off/drivers6xx/FileVault2: great job really :)

I don't understand why smchelper.efi is classified in this new directory. I thought it was not specific to FV2, according to these explanations Click Here, but a help to Fakesmc . If I understood correctly. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

commit r4687 introduce drivers-off/drivers6xx/FileVault2: great job really :)

I don't understand why smchelper.efi is classified in this new directory. I thought it was not specific to FV2, according to these explanations Click Here, but a help to Fakesmc . If I understood correctly. 

Was a mistake, fixed in r4690

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, telepati said:

I think SMCHelper.efi mandatory right now? can we use it with VirtualSMC.kext or is it just mandatory for FakeSMC.kext?

SMCHelper.efi isn't compatible with VirtualSMC.kext (Read FAQ in repo). It is just for FakeSMC.kext :)

• Thanks 1

Morning folks,

Can I please check what files are required for use with Sierra (Not High Sierra) and Mojave to boot correctly not using FV2.

Are the ones highlighted not actually required (Maybe also SMCHelper-64.efi as I don't think my FakeSMC is the Slice version)?:

40819751_ScreenShot2018-10-02at06_41_18.png.5e6191fe0e10728fdc17a4ab92764801.png

1 hour ago, D-an-W said:

Morning folks,

Can I please check what files are required for use with Sierra (Not High Sierra) and Mojave to boot correctly not using FV2.

Are the ones highlighted not actually required (Maybe also SMCHelper-64.efi as I don't think my FakeSMC is the Slice version)?:

40819751_ScreenShot2018-10-02at06_41_18.png.5e6191fe0e10728fdc17a4ab92764801.png

Highlighted drivers are not needed.

As well as AppleImageLoader.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

What are these ps2Dxe, usbDxe, mouseDxe for? Are they mandatory?

These are drivers for keyboard for Clover GUI. Some of them may be needed if your keyboard is not working without them. And for mouse as you see the driver name.

41 minutes ago, Slice said:

These are drivers for keyboard for Clover GUI. Some of them may be needed if your keyboard is not working without them. And for mouse as you see the driver name.

Got it. I thought it was for FV.

Never had an issues in the past, till now regarding kb & mouse on any of my computers. I guess im not needing these.

Thanks @Slice

Hi

I don't understand well commit r4692: VirtualSMC support: checkout and compilation (XCODE5 only ATM)

I don't have virtualsmc-64.efi when I use my build script with Xcode 10. Tell me why, please.

Sorry if this comment is off-topic

Just an FYI, i installed 4674 on my legacy rig and I could not boot. Just got a (non-blinking) cursor in the upper left hand corner. I had to go back to 4658 in order to boot.

I also have a question about BIOS boot systems. There are four kexts, that I do not believe have anything to do with FileVault, listed in the "BIOS Drivers" section. But do they need to be installed? My system runs fine without them but not sure if I need them anyway:

• FSInject
  • SMCHelper
  • ApfsDriver laoder
  • AppleEfiFat

Also, there are always some UEFI drivers that have check marks next to them even though I am insatlling on a BIOS based system. I always have to uncheck these.

I remember back when fusion drives first came out that clover would not install to the efi partition.   This seems to have returned with the apfs fusion drives.  It installs to the root partition.  It does not mount the efi partition to install.

11 hours ago, Slice said:

Highlighted drivers are not needed.

As well as AppleImageLoader.

Hi Slice,

I was under the impression that both ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and AppleImageLoader-64.efI were required if not using APFS.efi?

13 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Hi Slice,

I was under the impression that both ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and AppleImageLoader-64.efI were required if not using APFS.efi?

Both not required.