Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@Sherlocks tell me to test with this method in shell GUI to verify something for binary (look at his post). I already show load appleimageloader.efi status success in bdmesg.

don't consider bdmesg log. i'm focused log in shell when clover get GUI.

like this "AppleImageLoader: Binary isn't AppleEfiFat".  it is that i replied previous.

you have to add AppleImageLoader.efi file in root on ESP.

then In GUI, go shell. then

type "fsX:"       ->X is your ESP partition "important"

then, you have to type "load AppleImageLoader.efi > 1.txt"

if you correctly selected ESP partition. you can get 1.txt file on ESP.

and type "reboot" -> to return Clover Gui, then try to boot your macos. 

then mount ESP, and check 1.txt file

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

don't consider bdmesg log. i'm focused log in shell when clover get GUI.

like this "AppleImageLoader: Binary isn't AppleEfiFat".  it is that i replied previous.

you have to add AppleImageLoader.efi file in root on ESP.

then In GUI, go shell. then

type "fsX:"       ->X is your ESP partition "important"

then, you have to type "load AppleImageLoader.efi > 1.txt"

if you correctly selected ESP partition. you can get 1.txt file on ESP.

and type "reboot" -> to return Clover Gui, then try to boot your macos. 

then mount ESP, and check 1.txt file

I type load 1.efi > 1.txt

Shell is stuck without going back to FS3: So I can't type reboot. txt file generated is empty of course.

Edit: I try again with load AppleImageLoader.efi > 1.txt. ---------> I waited 15 minutes. Same Issue. I don't understand why. 

Edited by Matgen84

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

I type load 1.efi > 1.txt

Shell is stuck without going back to FS3: So I can't type reboot. txt file generated is empty of course.

Edit: I try again with load AppleImageLoader.efi > 1.txt. ---------> I waited 15 minutes. Same Issue. I don't understand why. 

hmm. i don't know it on your system.

@savvamitrofanov

i will test your driver with 10.6.8 without OsxFatBinaryDrv.efi tomorrow.

• Like 1

Guys, I've got a pretty interesting issue on two different systems.

On one of them (the one in my sig), only during OS updates, the computer doesn't reach Clover GUI until I press any key (I usually press Enter, but I guess it can be any key). Until then, it's just a blank screen.

On another system (Skylake build), it does exactly the same thing as the Haswell system, only it does that with every boot up, not just for updates (this could be related to one having native NVRAM, whereas the other one uses MemoryFix for that). But the actual issue is the same: doesn't enter Clover GUI until you press a key.

Not sure if this is an OS issue (though it doesn't look like it, since at that point, no OS is even loaded) or a Clover issue. It started probably one or two releases ago. So it's a pretty new issue.

Clover version is the same one on both systems.

I'm thinking this could potentially be an APFS issue....? I use ApfsDriverLoader with both. I could try apfs.efi, as well (without the loader) if you guys think this could make a difference.

It's not a huge issue. As I said, all you need is to just press Enter, and it will continue. But it's kind of annoying. Especially for updates, where it needs to restart to complete the installation. And it just hangs there.

Any idea?

8 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Guys, I've got a pretty interesting issue on two different systems.

On one of them (the one in my sig), only during OS updates, the computer doesn't reach Clover GUI until I press any key (I usually press Enter, but I guess it can be any key). Until then, it's just a blank screen.

On another system (Skylake build), it does exactly the same thing as the Haswell system, only it does that with every boot up, not just for updates (this could be related to one having native NVRAM, whereas the other one uses MemoryFix for that). But the actual issue is the same: doesn't enter Clover GUI until you press a key.

Not sure if this is an OS issue (though it doesn't look like it, since at that point, no OS is even loaded) or a Clover issue. It started probably one or two releases ago. So it's a pretty new issue.

Clover version is the same one on both systems.

I'm thinking this could potentially be an APFS issue....? I use ApfsDriverLoader with both. I could try apfs.efi, as well (without the loader) if you guys think this could make a difference.

It's not a huge issue. As I said, all you need is to just press Enter, and it will continue. But it's kind of annoying. Especially for updates, where it needs to restart to complete the installation. And it just hangs there.

Any idea?

Have you seen this post and few posts after? It might be the same issue.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=2630394

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Have you seen this post and few posts after? It might be the same issue.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=2630394

A-ha! I was on vacation last week. :D Looks like I missed this one. And I saw some discussions about it in the previous posts. I was just not sure if it was about this issue or not. So I decided to ask anyway, in case it's a different one.

Many thanks! :) 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, arsradu said:

A-ha! I was on vacation last week. :D Looks like I missed this one. And I saw some discussions about it in the previous posts. I was just not sure if it was about this issue or not. So I decided to ask anyway, in case it's a different one.

Many thanks! :) 

Welcome back :)

And I guess it is the same issue, which was resolved short after I posted the issue thanks to @savvamitrofanov

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Welcome back :)

And I guess it is the same issue, which was resolved short after I posted the issue thanks to @savvamitrofanov

Yep, confirmed. It is the same issue.

And it is fixed by adding that AppleImageLoader.efi to Clover drivers folder. Now all we need is to include that functionality (either by adding it to one of the existing drivers, or including this specific driver by default) with the Clover installer itself.

Also, I guess the log message below is kind of to be expected? :))

Untitled.png

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, arsradu said:

Yep, confirmed. It is the same issue.

And it is fixed by adding that AppleImageLoader.efi to Clover drivers folder. Now all we need is to include that functionality (either by adding it to one of the existing drivers, or including this specific driver by default) with the Clover installer itself.

Also, I guess the log message below is kind of to be expected? :))

For now we have to include the driver manually it hasn't been added to clover as far as I know and the logs are to be expected for now. Maybe @savvamitrofanov fix the logs in the near future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

For now we have to include the driver manually it hasn't been added to clover as far as I know and the logs are to be expected for now. Maybe @savvamitrofanov fix the logs in the near future.

Yep, makes perfect sense not to include it so far. It needs some proper testing before deploying it by default with the installer. :)

Get no issue here.. but, oh I just realized that I'm no longer using Mojave with APFS -_-

Spoiler

0:996  0:000  === [ LoadDrivers ] =======================================
1:001  0:004  Loading ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi  status=Success
1:017  0:015   - driver needs connecting
1:017  0:000  Loading AppleImageCodec-64.efi  status=Success
1:018  0:000  Loading AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi  status=Success
1:019  0:000  Loading AppleUITheme-64.efi  status=Success
1:019  0:000  Loading AptioMemoryFix-64.efi  status=Success
1:020  0:000  Loading CsmVideoDxe-64.efi  status=Success
1:021  0:000   - driver needs connecting
1:021  0:000  Loading DataHubDxe-64.efi  status=Success
1:025  0:004  Loading FirmwareVolume-64.efi  status=Success
1:026  0:000  Loading FSInject-64.efi  status=Success
1:027  0:000  Loading HashServiceFix-64.efi  status=Success
1:027  0:000  Loading OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi  status=Success
1:028  0:000  Loading SMCHelper-64.efi  status=Success
1:029  0:000  Loading VBoxHfs-64.efi  status=Success
1:030  0:000   - driver needs connecting
1:030  0:000  Loading AppleImageLoader.efi  status=Success
1:041  0:011  3 drivers needs connecting ...
1:041  0:000  PlatformDriverOverrideProtocol not found. Installing ... Success
1:041  0:000  APFS driver loaded

13 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Yep, makes perfect sense not to include it so far. It needs some proper testing before deploying it by default with the installer. :)

Exactly ;)

4 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Get no issue here.. but, oh I just realized that I'm no longer using Mojave with APFS -_-

So what do you use then? High Sierra?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Exactly ;)

So what do you use then? High Sierra?

HFS+ Mojave with @crazybirdy script.

BTW, I remember wanna asking this question:

When entering "UEFI Shell 64" function (or tool) on Clover GUI, it always freezes my system.. or just greets me with "BestLanguage" log. But has no problem with Legacy Shell 64. And, it seems.. I found no solution (neither link) yet #atm. Any idea? 

Edited by Badruzeus

9 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

HFS+ Mojave with @crazybirdy script.

BTW, I remember wanna asking this question:

When entering "UEFI Shell 64" function (or tool) on Clover GUI, it always freezes my system.. or just greets me with "BestLanguage" log. But has no problem with Legacy Shell 64. And, it seems.. I found no solution (neither link) yet #atm. Any idea? 

I haven't used the UEFI Shell in a very long time so I have no idea what can be the cause!

• Thanks 1