Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I'm sorry to hear that, it must be kind of unfortunate.

Yes. If you are fine with AICPUPM then there would not be really needed to enable XCPM.

right. KernelIvy patch is not good on chris's laptop. r4176 source was no problem like you said.

• Like 1

I see some old mainboards in your OEM folder. How does the clover manage to boot between legacy and UEFI? Is that even possible?

Yes it's possible, you have different config.plists and different kext folders, if your system panics with a new kext (clover folder), you can still boot in legacy mode.

Yes it's possible, you have different config.plists and different kext folders, if your system panics with a new kext (clover folder), you can still boot in legacy mode.

No, what I mean is to boot per say my GA-EP45-DS3R with a cover that is for UEFI booting on the systems that support UEFI. My EP45 has a legacy BIOS. It doesn't support UEFI booting?! I need to test it to see if it works.

The whole point of that UEFI folder is to place a OEM/SystemProduct​/UEFI/config.plist that is used for UEFI only when you also use the OEM/SystemProduct/config.plist for legacy.

EDIT: Err, becomes the root folder, sorry.

• Like 1

OK, you want to know if your legacy system is able to use the UEFI folder?, I don't think so. I don't own the EP-45 anymore, so I can not try it. All I'm using now is Legacy/UEFI capable.

Yeah that's what I think that it won't be able to boot form UEFI. I still have my old EP45 and I will give it a try later to see if it works or not. (Which is highly unlikely)

The whole point of that UEFI folder is to place a OEM/SystemProduct​/UEFI/config.plist that is used for UEFI only when you also use the OEM/SystemProduct/config.plist for legacy.

EDIT: Err, becomes the root folder, sorry.

So with that explanation it makes sense, I set it as Legacy and then add the UEFI bootloader and config for UEFI booting. Right?

Yeah that's what I think that it won't be able to boot form UEFI. I still have my old EP45 and I will give it a try later to see if it works or not. (Which is highly unlikely)

So with that explanation it makes sense, I set it as Legacy and then add the UEFI bootloader and config for UEFI booting. Right?

Copy and paste this "ioreg -lp IODeviceTree | grep OEMBoard" into the terminal, it will give you the exact name of your Board-ID then rename the "/Clover/OEM/SystemProductName" folder with your Board-ID and replace the config.plist with the one you use and all your kexts, the files are used instead the clover root files.

• Like 1

Copy and paste this "ioreg -lp IODeviceTree | grep OEMBoard" into the terminal, it will give you the exact name of your Board-ID then rename the "/Clover/OEM/SystemProductName" folder with your Board-ID and replace the config.plist with the one you use and all your kexts, the files are used instead the clover root files.

Thanks for the tip but I already created my multi-config usb disk for my UEFI cable systems and it works. All I need to do is to dd my old EP45-DS3R files (Which I am doing right now) to see if I can boot with the same USB disk which is for UEFI booting only.

Edit:

I have to say it's just out of curiosity for me to explore and learn more about the Clover's potentials. It's really a great bootloader I must say :)

For me that was the whole idea, to have a multi purpose USB disk just in case; and yes the OEM folder is already present.

Should there be a folder call Gaming-5 etc..

post-1083558-0-16699100-1503015700_thumb.png

Nevermind seen this

You claimed that you'd enabled XCPM. Correct?

I did see the purpose of that kext, that is, replacing Macmini6,2's StepContextDict, which is used by AICPUPM, with XCPM it's just useless. So. It makes no difference to install this kext or not.

I made a mistake I have not enabled XCPM, I thought for some reason it was loading and as was mentioned it does not support my E5-2697v2 Ivy.   You are also correct with or without that kext X86PlatformPlugin loads and with exact same CPUCStates and CPUPStates, 24 values according to IOReg.  I have to ask the developer more about why I need to load this kext, must be for another CPU?.  So the question is, how is Apple's X86PlatformPlugin loading if the kernel/MacOS is not supporting it, maybe something in Clover autofix for this kext to load?

Edited:

Another thing, my CPU is the same one used in a real MacPro6,1 trashcan :),  isn't XCPM suppose to load for this CPU?

I made a mistake I have not enabled XCPM, I thought for some reason it was loading and as was mentioned it does not support my E5-2697v2 Ivy.   You are also correct with or without that kext X86PlatformPlugin loads and with exact same CPUCStates and CPUPStates, 24 values according to IOReg.  I have to ask the developer more about why I need to load this kext, must be for another CPU?.  So the question is, how is Apple's X86PlatformPlugin loading if the kernel/MacOS is not supporting it, maybe something in Clover autofix for this kext to load?

Edited:

Another thing, my CPU is the same one used in a real MacPro6,1 trashcan :),  isn't XCPM suppose to load for this CPU?

I think that that patched X86 kext is for more P-States because Macmini6,2's StepContextDict is known as various P-States, which makes no sense to me though.

Well, there's no absolute "unsupported" X86, if it's only compatible with the CPUs that Apple uses, then it'll be huge problematic... Actually no.

If you are currently fine with AICPUPM, then I don't think you really need XCPM. Remove any modifications of X86 and keep boat floating. :)

• Like 2

I think that that patched X86 kext is for more P-States because Macmini6,2's StepContextDict is known as various P-States, which makes no sense to me though.

Well, there's no absolute "unsupported" X86, if it's only compatible with the CPUs that Apple uses, then it'll be huge problematic... Actually no.

If you are currently fine with AICPUPM, then I don't think you really need XCPM. Remove any modifications of X86 and keep boat floating. :)

Is XCPM natively supported on real MacPro6,1 with the upgraded processor E5-2697v2?  I would like to try XCPM if possible, since I have the exact same processor, how do I enable this, tried options in Clover and no results.  Does disabling EIST, Turbo and CST in UEFI bios help enable XCPM in MacOS?

Seems like an overreaction. The cleanup portion should be clearing NVRAM variables in the ROM dump, not on your SPI flash (italicized because I don't have a 10.13 install right now, so I don't have a eficheck binary to check). Apple (more specifically, former LegbaCore researchers) isn't (aren't) trying to brick your Hacks.

eficheck isn't new either, it was present in the 10.12.4/10.12.5 betas. It's pretty much what the name implies - a tool for verifying that the firmware stored on the SPI flash isn't tampered with. Obviously you can ignore the "Unexpected change to EFI firmware" warning on a Hack, but it has some use on a real Mac.

• Like 7

Is XCPM natively supported on real MacPro6,1 with the upgraded processor E5-2697v2?  I would like to try XCPM if possible, since I have the exact same processor, how do I enable this, tried options in Clover and no results.  Does disabling EIST, Turbo and CST in UEFI bios help enable XCPM in MacOS?

No. MP61 uses AICPUPM.

This CPU is Ivy Bridge-E, not Ivy Bridge, that's why you didn't manage to enable it (with any embedded patches like KernelIvyXCPM).

As for enabling XCPM, you probably need some kernel patches. What's your OS version?

• Like 1

No. MP61 uses AICPUPM.

This CPU is Ivy Bridge-E, not Ivy Bridge, that's why you didn't manage to enable it (with any embedded patches like KernelIvyXCPM).

As for enabling XCPM, you probably need some kernel patches. What's your OS version?

Ok then that makes sense now.  My current MacOS is 10.12.6.