Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Guys, why you want XCPM? Does it has advantages?

XCPM on Ivy useful for certain laptop CPUs to avoid panic otherwise.

(probably mismatch between X86PlatformPlugin data and CPU capabilities).

• Like 4

Ok then that makes sense now.  My current MacOS is 10.12.6.

If you are currently fine with AICPUPM now, then I don't suggest you switch to XCPM.

Anyway. If you really want to try XCPM, here you go. (Apply them via KernelToPatch)

8d43c483f822 -> 8d43c283f822
be0700000031d2e894fcffff -> be0700000031d29090909090

Thanks Pike R. Alpha for the initial patch method.

Edited by PMheart

Guys, why you want XCPM? Does it has advantages?

I don't think xcpm have much more advantages than aicpupm on ivy bridge because the real mac with ivy processors don't use xcpm any more.

If xcpm have much much more advantages than aicpupm then why apple don't use it on real mac?And i dont heard one use real mac with aicpupm told there mac have poor power management.

I think if someone really want to use this function not supported by default on hackintosh they can add it by kexttopatch manually because force to open xcpm on unsupported bridge may cause potential risk or unstable problem and people will think these bug is clover's bug.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

• Like 1

Only enabled automatically for cpus that require in order to boot, haswell+ pentium/celeron and some other miscellaneous models. Doubtful it's going to cause problems for any other cpus, either it is patched and is used, or it's not. There's no reason to believe it's not going to work, pretty much every intel cpu has the same pm techniques, they are just more refined and have more features on later models. There's also no proof that it works any better than AICPUPM, and probably actually doesn't, why wouldn't it be used otherwise? It must also be used by some mac, or why leave the code in for multiple major releases?

• Like 2

@Sherlock

Hi Sherlock i have an idea of BoardSerialNumber generate automatically by Clover.

As we all know Clover can automatically inject almost all the SMBIOS info and we only need to set "ProductName" "SerialNumber" and "BoardSerialNumber"

But i found many people dont set BoardSerialNumber so they have some problems such as iCloud and iMessage and i found clover will inject a BoardSerialNumber when we dont set BoardSerialNumber but the BoardSerialNumber clover injected are all same so it may all of the people who dont set BoardSerialNumber are use same BoardSerialNumber because clver inject this value and that is not good for our hackintosh.

I have found the BoardSerialNumber have some regular of component.

In the "Board Serial Number" field, paste in your system serial number (the one generated by the magic wand) and add 5 random letters and numbers to the end to reach a total of 17 characters. 

So i think if we can add some function when we dont set BoardSerialNumber then Clover can automatically set this value and be uniqe such as use some method of 

SerialNumber we set.

Such as if our SerialNumber is C02TGX8WGTFN then clover can inject "C02TGX8WGTFN2G8GF" as BoardSerialNumber or some other method wo compute this value but as well as make this value be unique with the unique SerialNumber then the people who dont set BoardSerialNumber may be dont face some problem with iCloud or have some postive affect of iMessage and Facetime.

Thanks very much.

• Like 1

Question about fresh install with High Sierra ... I tried to do a fresh install of High Sierra PB 6 and got an error message about can't validate firmware - and it stopped before it installed anything.

Is this what the FirmwareFeature fixes from recent month(s) are all about? or is there more to this?

Question about fresh install with High Sierra ... I tried to do a fresh install of High Sierra PB 6 and got an error message about can't validate firmware - and it stopped before it installed anything.

Is this what the FirmwareFeature fixes from recent month(s) are all about? or is there more to this?

used latest Clover 4182 and Unplug Windows SSD

• Like 1

chris1111 - my disk is dual boot? so are you saying temporarily remove the Microsoft folder from the ESP/EFI?

With all the tests of the last days what is recommended and not to plug the disk windows

You need Clover r4179  and more, 4182 works good I test this morning in my ProBook 6570b

for my part I need to Unplug windows SSD

if the ssd windows is plug I have the firmware error

@tiuck You can see here the 10 latest pages

lots infos about firmware error

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/page-1

• Like 1

@chris1111 - thanks.  I just have 1 disk so I removed EFI/Microsoft and with r4182 and i am able to (re)install High Sierra without the Firmware error message etc ... still have 27 minutes but it seems like it is happening!

@chris1111 - thanks.  I just have 1 disk so I removed EFI/Microsoft and with r4182 and i am able to (re)install High Sierra without the Firmware error message etc ... still have 27 minutes but it seems like it is happening!

good  B)

well, it converted my HFS to APFS so just needed to add apfs.efi to drivers64UEFI (there used be a checkbox?) and then it booted.

No chekbox

apfs.efi  for UEFI

apfs-64.efi for ESP or Legacy

Question for you tiuck do you think its possible to Fix the Package for install in the APFS Volumes ?

It is currently impossible to install the Clover Package on an APFS volume

@chris1111 - hmm i just tried to install a new clover package to my new APFS system ... its seems to not find the real ESP and installs stuff in / vs actual ESP so seems like a matter of needing new script logic to find the ESP of a target volume. so yes it should be fixable. for example macOS volume is on disk1s1 (which is synthetic)... so it doesn't find the actual ESP which is on disk0s1

$ diskutil list

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *512.1 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                 Apple_APFS Container disk1         459.7 GB   disk0s2
   3:       Apple_KernelCoreDump                         655.4 MB   disk0s3
   4:       Microsoft Basic Data C                       51.5 GB    disk0s4

/dev/disk1 (synthesized):
   0:      APFS Container Scheme -                      +459.7 GB   disk1
                                 Physical Store disk0s2
   1:                APFS Volume macOS                   298.3 GB   disk1s1
   2:                APFS Volume Preboot                 18.5 MB    disk1s2
   3:                APFS Volume Recovery                516.9 MB   disk1s3
   4:                APFS Volume VM                      8.6 GB     disk1s4

@chris1111 - hmm i just tried to install a new clover package to my new APFS system ... its seems to not find the real ESP and installs stuff in / vs actual ESP so seems like a matter of needing new script logic to find the ESP of a target volume. so yes it should be fixable. for example macOS volume is on disk1s1 (which is synthetic)... so it doesn't find the actual ESP which is on disk0s1

$ diskutil list

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *512.1 GB   disk0

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1

2:                 Apple_APFS Container disk1         459.7 GB   disk0s2

3:       Apple_KernelCoreDump                         655.4 MB   disk0s3

4:       Microsoft Basic Data C                       51.5 GB    disk0s4

/dev/disk1 (synthesized):

0:      APFS Container Scheme -                      +459.7 GB   disk1

Physical Store disk0s2

1:                APFS Volume macOS                   298.3 GB   disk1s1

2:                APFS Volume Preboot                 18.5 MB    disk1s2

3:                APFS Volume Recovery                516.9 MB   disk1s3

4:                APFS Volume VM                      8.6 GB     disk1s4

yes exactly is not find the good volume UID  :angel:

mutch more complicated for Legacy or ESP with the boot file

well it was easy to trick the installer...

i just mounted the real ESP on say /Volumes/ESP

then make sym link like this:  sudo ln -s /Volumes/ESP/EFI /EFI

then installed Clover but told it not to install in the ESP.

• Like 1

Totally same.

No need two option. I just suggested one option to mackie100 to avoid confusion. Because many users use CC. Now, clover has two option for user's old config. This is not clean. For future, to make more clean option, so changed option in CC.

If user have Asus option at config, CC detect asus option, then change to AppleIntelCPUPM.

Maybe after will spend many time, most of system(already has ASUS option) uses AppleIntelCPUPM, then will be cleanup option.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 3

This may be o/t but oh well.

Is there any issue in running macOS Sierra and high Sierra on the same SSD with the same configs? eg: same serial numbers etc?

Nope there won't be a problem unless you use APFS, AFIAK macOS Sierra can't be installed on an APFS volume and it can't boot from it. But it's like having two OS's on you Mac.

APFS on macOS Sierra was introduce in 2016 but it was used for storing data not as the boot volume.

Tried to install macOS Sierra on an APFS volume but at the last second of the first stage (deploying the files from the installer to the destination) it always fails.

• Like 2

Guys, something is seriously wrong with legacy mode in clover.

It seems to me that a boot1h2 bootblock is required on partition #1, no matter if that is a EFI partition or not!  It will become even worse, if the drive has 2 HFS+ partitions, so 3 partitions overall.

Can you please fix this mess?  

I tried all combinations of boot0 using clover installer. Also I tried to install on hfs partition 1 (partition #2) and also on partition 2. It is a GPT partition table.

EDIT: So, let me guess: Because I use GPT partitions, but booting in legacy, clover has these problems? This is not acceptable.  So the only why to fix is installing boot0md? Or is it because of my EFI bios, that is only capable of reading partition bootblock 1??

well it was easy to trick the installer...

i just mounted the real ESP on say /Volumes/ESP

then make sym link like this:  sudo ln -s /Volumes/ESP/EFI /EFI

then installed Clover but told it not to install in the ESP.

For the Legacy boot it will still be difficult to get there

Here I see a portion of the script postinstall for Legacy boot

if [[ ${boot_volume_format} = "hfs" ]]; then
    echo "Stage 1 - Writting ${partitionloaderhfs} to ${bootrdev}" >> "$install_log"
    echo "File system is HFS." >> "$install_log"
    echo "dd if=${DEST_VOL}/usr/standalone/i386/${partitionloaderhfs} of=${bootrdev}" >> "$install_log"
    dd if="${DEST_VOL}/usr/standalone/i386/${partitionloaderhfs}" of=${bootrdev}

I do not know if this can be done on System APFS  :)
I am a simple Packager and not Coder but I am concerned with the use of Package Clover in the Future
I do not have the knowledge to get to know it and do it

• Like 1

Guys, something is seriously wrong with legacy mode in clover.

It seems to me that a boot1h2 bootblock is required on partition #1, no matter if that is a EFI partition or not!  It will become even worse, if the drive has 2 HFS+ partitions, so 3 partitions overall.

Can you please fix this mess?  

I tried all combinations of boot0 using clover installer. Also I tried to install on hfs partition 1 (partition #2) and also on partition 2. It is a GPT partition table.

EDIT: So, let me guess: Because I use GPT partitions, but booting in legacy, clover has these problems? This is not acceptable.  So the only why to fix is installing boot0md? Or is it because of my EFI bios, that is only capable of reading partition bootblock 1??

Clover working very well here on my legacy BIOS machines, installed in EFI system partition on GPT formatted drives.  How did you install Clover?

With the Clover pkg installer, after selecting the target OSX volume, I select "customize" with the following options...

post-846696-0-13129800-1503443949_thumb.png

post-846696-0-35147700-1503443965_thumb.png

The Clover wiki describes the legacy booting process:

Essentially BIOS--->MBR--->PBR--->boot--->CLOVERX64.efi--->OSLoader

In terms of the bootsectors:

BIOS--->boot0af in MBR--->boot1f32 in the PBR of the EFI System Partition--->boot6 in ESP--->CLOVERX64.efi in ESP--->OSLoader

Clover_v2.4k_r4184.pkg.zip

• Like 3