Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2021 at 2:58 PM, MacKonsti said:

Hi everyone, @Slice and @Jief_Machak I've installed r5135 on my NUC; downloaded the Catalina update 2021-003 and upon first reboot, the "Data" partition was automatically selected OK and timed-out (I have 10 sec in config) and booted.

However, upon the needed second reboot, Clover did not timeout and was waiting for me to select (again) the "Data" AFPS partition to continue and complete the update.

Just FYI. This was also happening with previous Clover versions, cannot remember since when (I am sorry).
Not sure what is flagged or marked in that "Data" partition and Clover detects it at first but not at second reboot.

Moreover, my disk is an NVMe with 1 AFPS partition and 2 containers, the System and Data. Nothing complex...

Thank you!

Debug will be useful to continue discussion.

It may depends on NVMe file path which I have no to check. With my configuration Big Sur updates run automatically from begin to end.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

Debug will be useful to continue discussion.

It may depends on NVMe file path which I have no to check. With my configuration Big Sur updates run automatically from begin to end.

Hi @Slice thanks, will have to wait to new OS update then, as I cannot reproduce this now obviously.

However please confirm if the BOOT section "debug" key is the one you request to be enabled, whenever a new update arrives, so I can trace the actions for you?

Also please remind me where to find the debug logs once created? I haven't used debug for a long time... Thank you.

23 minutes ago, MacKonsti said:

Hi @Slice thanks, will have to wait to new OS update then, as I cannot reproduce this now obviously.

However please confirm if the BOOT section "debug" key is the one you request to be enabled, whenever a new update arrives, so I can trace the actions for you?

Also please remind me where to find the debug logs once created? I haven't used debug for a long time... Thank you.

Yes, debug key in Boot section.

The log with long name will be created in /EFI/CLOVER/misc/ folder. If you will do several restarts then there will be several logs with different names corresponding the time of the restart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JorgeMax said:

@SliceI upgraded from 11.4 to beta 11.5. In the process, the first restart was not automatic, there was no countdown and I had to press the "Enter" key. The .zip file has the logs of the 3 restarts

misc.zip 38.21 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you for the report. I will study it in the next week as I am on trip now.

• Like 3

On 6/1/2021 at 4:19 PM, SavageAUS said:

Clover 5136 reported as 5135

In my case, the correct version is displayed. Installed through the pkg installer as an update from version 5135

Spoiler

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 19.31.10.png

Edited by yapan4

14 hours ago, Slice said:

Second compilation resolved the problem

Hi @Slice thank you for the update.

Will you replace the Git Hub files in your release then with the new compiled ones?

Also, do you consider r5136 more steady or mature compared to r5135 ? Because some posts ago, you had mentioned that the (previous) release was not fully ready yet and we should wait for a new one/update.

Many thanks.

Yes, AudioDxe is still wrong.

8 hours ago, MacKonsti said:

Hi @Slice thank you for the update.

Will you replace the Git Hub files in your release then with the new compiled ones?

Also, do you consider r5136 more steady or mature compared to r5135 ? Because some posts ago, you had mentioned that the (previous) release was not fully ready yet and we should wait for a new one/update.

Many thanks.

Always new release is better than old and all releases are not perfect.

• Like 4

Hi @Jief_Machak @Slice

Can you help me. Please.
I've some trouble with my Ivybridge config:

When I boot Clover (r5135 commit 8b2af7e - Prerlease r5136), there is a warning on GUI, not then I use CloverConfigPlisValidator

Warning. I don't know where to look to correct

Spoiler

screenshot0.thumb.png.ac68a17e99a789e0a90cb2df9aa83e92.png

With Clover ConfigPlistValidator

Spoiler

1999917888_Capturedcran2021-06-0412_37_05.png.f15f0a3549220a129dde7103b0015fd6.png

Another problem, this time with FrameBuffer: I comment FakeID for IntelGFX because I use Properties for my HD4000. According to Hackintool, the changes are not taken into account for the platform ID. I don't know why, or where I made a mistake.

Spoiler

1374300074_Capturedcran2021-06-0412_25_37.thumb.png.d1ee8a95b3457e24928a3ef844f4d4cd.png

Appl, ig-platform keep old value

Spoiler

1585625636_Capturedcran2021-06-0414_34_27.png.a9f58cfd9ede48a6627f30150d9c88da.png

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, LIMITANT said:

@Matgen84

I can confirm this ; even if the config.plist is a duplicate one from the original without any modification and valid .. when you try to change the config.plist in booter gui it always show " Warning " ...

Yes, I have changed... In the GUI, the result is that all files in EFI are corrupted and cannot be edited. So I fixed it by formatting it with a program in Windows. to return to normal then take the EFI file Back up to put it back as before.

Just now, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Jief_Machak @Slice

Can you help me. Please.
I've some trouble with my Ivybridge config:

When I boot Clover (r5135 commit 8b2af7e - Prerlease r5136), there is a warning on GUI, not then I use CloverConfigPlisValidator

Warning. I don't know where to look to correct

Hide contents

screenshot0.thumb.png.ac68a17e99a789e0a90cb2df9aa83e92.png

With Clover ConfigPlistValidator

Hide contents

1999917888_Capturedcran2021-06-0412_37_05.png.f15f0a3549220a129dde7103b0015fd6.png

Another problem, this time with FrameBuffer: I comment FakeID for IntelGFX because I use Properties for my HD4000. According to Hackintool, the changes are not taken into account for the platform ID. I don't know why, or where I made a mistake.

Hide contents

1374300074_Capturedcran2021-06-0412_25_37.thumb.png.d1ee8a95b3457e24928a3ef844f4d4cd.png

Appl, ig-platform keep old value

Hide contents

1585625636_Capturedcran2021-06-0414_34_27.png.a9f58cfd9ede48a6627f30150d9c88da.png

These warnings are caused by the name of this config.plist, causing it to give a warning. If you're stubborn, use a different name, such as config-test.plist. that is not this name will cause the EFI file to be corrupted immediately.
I've tried doing this, giving the config.plist file a different name. The result is that it can no longer boot.

Edited by naiclub

33 minutes ago, naiclub said:

These warnings are caused by the name of this config.plist, causing it to give a warning. If you're stubborn, use a different name, such as config-test.plist. that is not this name will cause the EFI file to be corrupted immediately.
I've tried doing this, giving the config.plist file a different name. The result is that it can no longer boot.

@naiclub For Clover, the first config.plist must be named config.plist. But you can managed others config.plist, with different name selected via GUI.  Despite this warning, I can boot Catalina. Actually, I've config.plist and config-test.plist in EFI/CLOVER.

CloverConfigPlistValidator do not detected any problem with config-test.plist. So the issue is elsewhere :)

Just now, Matgen84 said:

@naiclub For Clover, the first config.plist must be named config.plist. But you can managed others config.plist, with different name selected via GUI.  Despite this warning, I can boot Catalina. Actually, I've config.plist and config-test.plist in EFI/CLOVER.

CloverConfigPlistValidator do not detected any problem with config-test.plist. So the issue is elsewhere :)

I did as you mentioned above. It can also boot the config.plist file with a different name. And can enter the OS normally, but suddenly it freezes, can't move anything. After that, I press reboot again. After that it can't boot again. So I use a stick USB MAC OS installer to boot into And try to look into the EFI boot drive, but it's empty, no files at all. and try to check the full area
 But I didn't see anything in it. It was empty.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, naiclub said:

I did as you mentioned above. It can also boot the config.plist file with a different name. And can enter the OS normally, but suddenly it freezes, can't move anything. After that, I press reboot again. After that it can't boot again. So I use a stick USB MAC OS installer to boot into And try to look into the EFI boot drive, but it's empty, no files at all. and try to check the full area
 But I didn't see anything in it. It was empty.

@naiclub Strange ! Like @LIMITANT I've only warning when I change config.plist to use config-test.plist 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@naiclub Strange ! Like @LIMITANT I've only warning when I change config.plist to use config-test.plist 

There's nothing to say because you haven't met yourself yet I don't know how to explain I have to try it one more time. and take a picture for you guys to see.

is it possible I have edited 3 different files... Just fix in the SMbios section, the original one that I use regularly is imac pro 1.1, the second one uses imac15.1 and imac14.2, which I changed back and forth, causing damage to the EFI.

Edited by naiclub
  • Sad 1

lately I write little for two reasons:
1: it all works very well on all hacks and I don't have any compilation problem
2: I go fishing every day, see signature 

i'm waiting for news to support the new macOS :D:P

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PG7 said:

Clover r5136

Work 100% a Monterey 

Haswell Desktop install = SMBIOS iMac16,1 No iMac15,1 !

No audio !
No Kext Wifi Atheros 

Hide contents

collage.thumb.png.6cdbc7e8690f0b02a86682a51b6dbbb4.png

Hmmm so that new "Welcome" video intro its present in this macOS version.

It's like macOS Leopard intro again hehe - Good times 😄

• Like 2