Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,868 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

Please try my modification of your config.plist which should boot Big Sur successfully.

CLOVER_KernelToPatch_17H_19H-modified.plist 34.88 kB · 2 downloads

the kernelpatch that I put, I start all macOS, including big sur, the point is that at boot Clover reports 3 warnings, which are related to patches 0, 1, and 3; specifically, the empty fields of find and matchfind. If they are filled as recommended by Slice, with 00000, there are no more warnings, but big sur does not start

192286945_Schermata2021-06-19alle15_40_47.thumb.png.ddc5109cf97d423487d72e728cfdc5b0.png

i saw the addition you made in matchOS: 10.13.6

your config starts regularly, but there is always the question of the 3 warnings that you have at boot and with the validator, which are also present in your

I wait to hear the opinion of the developers, but my point of view, is that the validator does not report empty fields in find, because for the moment, any other option that does not trigger the warning then leads big sur

15 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

the kernelpatch that I put, I start all macOS, including big sur, the point is that at boot Clover reports 3 warnings, which are related to patches 0, 1, and 3; specifically, the empty fields of find and matchfind. If they are filled as recommended by Slice, with 00000, there are no more warnings, but big sur does not start

192286945_Schermata2021-06-19alle15_40_47.thumb.png.ddc5109cf97d423487d72e728cfdc5b0.png

i saw the addition you made in matchOS: 10.13.6

your config starts regularly, but there is always the question of the 3 warnings that you have at boot and with the validator, which are also present in your

After booted by Clover can you verify your MatchOS of Big Sur is 10.13.6 or 11.x ?

4 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

After booted by Clover can you verify your MatchOS of Big Sur is 10.13.6 or 11.x ?

to my knowledge, Jief had specified matchOS to use for big sur was the only 11.x valid one
10.13.6 for Clover corresponds to high sierra

and the kexts folder to use is 11 for big sur and now for monterey it is 12

• Like 1

Evening folks,

Having a spare partition with Big Sur installed and running Clover 5137 I thought I might as well try updating the partition with Monterey.

I managed to with various boot options get the installer to run and the very briefly booted into Monterey but then something panicked and caused a reboot.

I realise my hardware is probably an issue but did read some people reporting success, would anyone know what I might need to do to boot back into Monterey with no panic please?

2 hours ago, D-an-W said:

Evening folks,

Having a spare partition with Big Sur installed and running Clover 5137 I thought I might as well try updating the partition with Monterey.

I managed to with various boot options get the installer to run and the very briefly booted into Monterey but then something panicked and caused a reboot.

I realise my hardware is probably an issue but did read some people reporting success, would anyone know what I might need to do to boot back into Monterey with no panic please?

in EFI Clover kexts create folder 12 and insert LILU, WEG and VirtualSMC which are recently compiled for monterey support
in folder 11, leave the same kexts as in folder 12 temporarily for updating. If you keep the kexts only in the Others folder, same speech as before, the 3 compiled kexts for monterey support

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

in EFI Clover kexts create folder 12 and insert LILU, WEG and VirtualSMC which are recently compiled for monterey support
in folder 11, leave the same kexts as in folder 12 temporarily for updating. If you keep the kexts only in the Others folder, same speech as before, the 3 compiled kexts for monterey support

Thanks,

Does it need VirtualSMC as I have FakeSMC in there currently. I actually remembered to create a 12.0 folder with updated kexts prior to the upgrade (Does it need to be 12 and not 12.0 though?)?

Edited by D-an-W

FakeSMC is fine too
I created folder 12 and there I put the kexts for monterey to which I updated high sierra HSF on the Z170 and Z370, so a good jump, successfully performed with double pike twist

if you don't have the updated kexts, you need to add the following boot-args

-lilubetaall -wegbeta

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iCanaro said:

According to OC docs, an empty find does an immediate replace at the address of base (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/master/Docs/Configuration.pdf under Kernel->Patch)
If Clover uses OC for kext patching, it may be similar.

9 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

According to OC docs, an empty find does an immediate replace at the address of base (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/master/Docs/Configuration.pdf under Kernel->Patch)
If Clover uses OC for kext patching, it may be similar.

No, Clover uses own kext patching with a similar abilities or more.

I can find a bug if any when I can reproduce it. What should I do to reproduce the issue?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Slice said:

I can find a bug if any when I can reproduce it. What should I do to reproduce the issue?

Hello @Slice I may have misunderstood. @1Revenger1 and others users are talking about KernelToPatch, not KextToPatch. Maybe we need some explanation on this point and Clover's ability to convert OC patches. If it's necessary.

Thanks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Slice said:

you asked a question, that answering you as a normal user is not easy ... since it manifests itself with the KernelToPatch on AMD, the most obvious thing would be to have an AMD hack; otherwise try to reproduce the bug on Intel, even if I don't have a precise idea how to do it.
The problem arises with patches 0, 1 and 3 here CLOVER_KernelToPatch_17H_19H.plist_iCan.zip

so we need a patch for intel that is similar ... I think

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hello @Slice I may have misunderstood. @1Revenger1 and others users are talking about KernelToPatch, not KextToPatch. Maybe we need some explanation on this point and Clover's ability to convert OC patches. If it's necessary.

Thanks.

Clover has separate patches for kexts and for kernel while OC joined them as to be similar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I found peace :angelo_non: with this KernelToPatch for AMD 17H 19H:

No waring at boot and the same using validator
I can boot mojave, catalina, big sur 11.4 e 11.5 and maybe can boot high sierra, but i have no way to test it there anymore

CLOVER_AMD_17_19_H_35Patch_HS_MOJ_CAT_BSg.plist.zip

It also starts BigSur by deleting the 3 patches that caused the warnings :isterico:

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Maybe we need some explanation on this point and Clover's ability to convert OC patches.

I would also be interested in this.

More specifically, I am trying to convert OpenCore's IOHIDFamily patch to work in Clover (fixes broken USB Mouse and Keyboard function in Big Sur on certain legacy machines)...

Код:

<dict>
                <key>Base</key>
                <string>_isSingleUser</string>
                <key>Count</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>Identifier</key>
                <string>com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily</string>
                <key>Limit</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Mask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string>20.0.0</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>uAEAAADD</data>
                <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>Skip</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
            </dict>

As you can see, the Find entry for the above patch is left empty so Clover is not happy 😔.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, fusion71au said:

I would also be interested in this.

More specifically, I am trying to convert OpenCore's IOHIDFamily patch to work in Clover (fixes broken USB Mouse and Keyboard function in Big Sur on certain legacy machines)...

Код:

<dict>
                <key>Base</key>
                <key>Count</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>Identifier</key>
                <key>Limit</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Mask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string>20.0.0</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>uAEAAADD</data>
                <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>Skip</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
            </dict>

As you can see, the Find entry for the above patch is left empty so Clover is not happy 😔.

I think for Clover it will be

<dict>
                    <key>Procedure</key>
                    <key>Count</key>
                    <integer>1</integer>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>RangeFind</key>
                    <integer>10</integer>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>AAAAAAAA</data>
                    <key>Name</key>
                    <key>Mask</key>
                    <data>AAAAAAAA</data>
                    <key>MinKernel</key>
                    <string>20.0.0</string>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>uAEAAADD</data>
                    <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                    <data>////////</data>
                    <key>Skip</key>
                    <data>AAA=</data>
                </dict>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Slice said:

I think for Clover it will be

Thanks Slice.

The following IOHIDFamily Clover patch worked for me in Big Sur (after also checking your other post in the Clover Changes thread and verifying my config.plist with CloverConfigPlistValidator0.7)...

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Enable USB HID in Big Sur</string>
				<key>Procedure</key>
				<key>Count</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>RangeFind</key>
				<integer>10</integer>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>AAAAAAAA</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>MaskFind</key>
				<data>AAAAAAAA</data>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>11.x.x</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>uAEAAADD</data>
				<key>MaskReplace</key>
				<data>////////</data>
				<key>Skip</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
			</dict>

Note:  I changed from MinKernel=20.0.0 (OC config) to MatchOS=11.x.x (Clover config) and Mask-->MaskFind, ReplaceMask==>MaskReplace.

• Like 4

On 6/21/2021 at 8:34 PM, fusion71au said:

Thanks Slice.

The following IOHIDFamily Clover patch worked for me in Big Sur (after also checking your other post in the Clover Changes thread and verifying my config.plist with CloverConfigPlistValidator0.7)...

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Enable USB HID in Big Sur</string>
				<key>Procedure</key>
				<key>Count</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>RangeFind</key>
				<integer>10</integer>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>AAAAAAAA</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>MaskFind</key>
				<data>AAAAAAAA</data>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>11.x.x</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>uAEAAADD</data>
				<key>MaskReplace</key>
				<data>////////</data>
				<key>Skip</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
			</dict>

Note:  I changed from MinKernel=20.0.0 (OC config) to MatchOS=11.x.x (Clover config) and Mask-->MaskFind, ReplaceMask==>MaskReplace.

I want to know what this code is for, thank you very much.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, naiclub said:

I want to know what this code is for, thank you very much.

You can try the patch if your attached USB mouse or keyboard stop working when you try to update your system to Big Sur/Monterey (Apple removed legacy USB support on old hardware and someone noticed it still worked if macOS was booted in single user mode.  The patch forces single user mode so your USB HID devices still work).  From Dortania's troubleshooting guide for Big Sur...

"For certain legacy systems, you may notice that while the USB ports work your HID-based devices such as the keyboard and mouse may be broken".

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MifJpn said:

Hello everyone.
I hope it's because of my mind ...
With this commit (f424a77c25027e4a5395fdb57287affae51f4ac5), I feel like Monterey has taken a long time to start. (I feel that the seek bar under the Apple mark does not stretch easily after the characters of Verbose boot are displayed.)
I don't use C3 Latency at all, and Big Sur is the same time as before, so shouldn't I care too much?

Thank you.

try the new commit

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/commit/e12aefe81663d9dcfd2d91ec530010b4c61bf1ba

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Slice and everyone, thanks again for your continuing efforts.

WIth a well-working Lenovo S145-14iWL configuration and Clover r5136 used for some time with Catalina, I decided to update to Big Sur. I thus downloaded the installer and let the system update like a real Mac, since my boot process was now smooth.

However, I noticed that after updating to 11.3.1 and then to 11.4.0 that Clover r5136 did not show the correct boot icon, or detect the correct partition or container (or whatever it is the name) and I was forced to press F3 to reveal drives and use the "Boot Mac OS from Preboot" entry.

So I decided to do a clean installation, erased NVMe via Ubuntu and with Big Sur USB installer and same Clover configuration + r5136 I did the installation effort. I had hopes this would be fixed, but no; I am still forced to use F3 and select Preboot entry.

As I do want to remain with Clover because I finally managed to make this a working hack, what kind of logs may you need to help me debug this problem?

Does it have to do with Scan key setting? Do I need a Custom Entry for Preboot, then?

For Big Sur, is it expected this Preboot to be used? It may have been replied many pages ago, so I apologise if I missed it, but your help is appreciated. Thank you.

config-lenovo.plist

Edited by MacKonsti

2 hours ago, Hervé said:

Guys, please do not pollute this Clover dev thread with TPM2.0/Win11 matters. It's totally unrelated, nothing to do with Clover really. If need be, please open up a dedicated thread on the matter where existing or future workarounds, alternatives and solutions may be discussed.

@PG7 and @Matgen84 your post talking about Win11 was moved to the Windows 11 Discussion thread.

😃

• Thanks 1

Hi [mention=112217]Slice[/mention] and everyone, thanks again for your continuing efforts.

WIth a well-working Lenovo S145-14iWL configuration and Clover r5136 used for some time with Catalina, I decided to update to Big Sur. I thus downloaded the installer and let the system update like a real Mac, since my boot process was now smooth.

However, I noticed that after updating to 11.3.1 and then to 11.4.0 that Clover r5136 did not show the correct boot icon, or detect the correct partition or container (or whatever it is the name) and I was forced to press F3 to reveal drives and use the "Boot Mac OS from Preboot" entry.

So I decided to do a clean installation, erased NVMe via Ubuntu and with Big Sur USB installer and same Clover configuration + r5136 I did the installation effort. I had hopes this would be fixed, but no; I am still forced to use F3 and select Preboot entry.

As I do want to remain with Clover because I finally managed to make this a working hack, what kind of logs may you need to help me debug this problem?

Does it have to do with Scan key setting? Do I need a Custom Entry for Preboot, then?

For Big Sur, is it expected this Preboot to be used? It may have been replied many pages ago, so I apologise if I missed it, but your help is appreciated. Thank you.
config-lenovo.plist

You will need to create a custom entry for the preboot entry and rename it to what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

You will need to create a custom entry for the preboot entry and rename it to what you want.

I agree @SavageAUS but I have a hard time making the Custom entry appear... this method quoted by many places (reported in Clover's Git Hub issues) does not seem to work on my hack.

Has anyone managed to successfully create a Custom Entry with latest Clover e.g. r5136? Please can you either point me to your message or share your method? When looking for "Preboot" information in the log, it does produce results for ApfsContainerUUID, ApfsFileSystemUUID and APFSTargetUUID but using the 2 latter onces for a custom entry does not display the custom icon :( Thanks in advance.