Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Any solution to the clang compilation error from xcode 5.1??

Unfortunately I don't think so for XCode 5.1. If you can get your hands on XCode 5.0.2, the bundled command line tools from there seems to be working perfectly fine for me. Though to be honest, my use for LLVM/Clang is limited to simple university projects and some Python stuff, so YMMV.

I am using 5.0.2 with no issues at all.. After installing 5.1 I was not able to Compile a simple c++ file.. I am now on 5.0.2 will try 5.1.1 soon.. Thanks for the help

SOLVED: I just replaced the XcodeDefault.xctoolchain present in XCode 5.1.1 with the one present in XCode 5.0.2 and everything is fine now

Ok, long time no see guys :thumbsup_anim:

I decided to describe my problem, becuase I think it is the error connected/associated with the kernel.

I am using right now BSA_Kernel_V9 on 10.9.1 and 10.9.2 version of OSX.

Before I replaced the motherboard and cpu I was using the v6_kernel, because it was the only kernel which worked with my old cpu.

And my problem is that I have two monitors (dual display) and when I was on Snow Leopard I was using app named MultiScape.app to set ONE wallpaper across TWO monitors.

Now, when I am on Mavericks this program doesn't work good. He sets the black or white wallpaper on 2 monitors. Sometimes he sets a wallpaper but only in grey colours...

It's very strange so I write in here, maybe someone could explain me what's going on?

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: I've got full QE/CI and most of games works perfectly...so what is the problem? :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

P.S. The same reaction on both kernels - bsa_kernel and v6_kernel or other mavericks kernels.

On legacy_kernel on Snow Leopard, everything works great.

Edited by tragediana150
  • Like 1

Ok, long time no see guys :thumbsup_anim:

I decided to describe my problem, becuase I think it is the error connected/associated with the kernel.

I am using right now BSA_Kernel_V9 on 10.9.1 and 10.9.2 version of OSX.

Before I replaced the motherboard and cpu I was using the v6_kernel, because it was the only kernel which worked with my old cpu.

And my problem is that I have two monitors (dual display) and when I was on Snow Leopard I was using app named MultiScape.app to set ONE wallpaper across TWO monitors.

Now, when I am on Mavericks this program doesn't work good. He sets the black or white wallpaper on 2 monitors. Sometimes he sets a wallpaper but only in grey colours...

It's very strange so I write in here, maybe someone could explain me what's going on?

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: I've got full QE/CI and most of games works perfectly...so what is the problem? :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

P.S. The same reaction on both kernels - bsa_kernel and v6_kernel or other mavericks kernels.

On legacy_kernel on Snow Leopard, everything works great.

Probably due to the new multi-monitor support...

Probably the functions work slightly different...

• Like 1

Probably due to the new multi-monitor support...

Probably the functions work slightly different...

Thank you for the fast answer :)

I don't know if that's true...  I've got MacBook Pro and there is Mavericks. I connected the second monitor to Mavericks and this app works great, there is one wallpaper across two monitors with full colours.

@tragediana150, check my message to you

Edited by spakk

I am using the R9 kernel. I just used safari today and the display is messed up (see link).

Is this common? Would using a different kernel help?

I don't experience the issue when using chrome. Thanks

I've got something like that but on movies on youtube two days ago, This problem was on my hack and on my macbook pro. I installed the newest version of adobe flash and now everything working perfect. I don't think that is the cause of your problem but you can try it first and test it.

Good Luck :)

Edited by tragediana150

I've got something like that but on movies on youtube two days ago, This problem was on my hack and on my macbook pro. I installed the newest version of adobe flash and now everything working perfect. I don't think that is the cause of your problem but you can try it first and test it.

Good Luck :)

Doesn't happen on other built-in apps and Apple websites are not affected it seems except for the Apple Store. I was viewing the different built favorites that Safari came with.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. just wondering if it's common problem.

Over the last few days, I found many things more difficult than getting AMD ported to OS X (assuming I don't have to write the kernel ;) ) . Some old Intel GMA's (including mine, which is completely incompatible). Just a short kudos to the Team of Developers helping us stubborn AMD Users out :) , never imagined OS X to AMD to be as strong as it is so far  :angel:

@Andy Vandijck

With bsa_kernel R9 on Mavericks 10.9, does not reach desktop. 

During boot, verbose shows typical start up seq. until after hfs mounted...

-it never reaches launchd and no "VM Swap subsys ON" either, it stalls there. The same result with -x and GE=No.

My CPU is Athlon II X2 245.But I saw some people use FX is normal and working well.

You have time to try to fix it?If you have the time,can give it a try?

Please forgive my request.

@Andy Vandijck

With bsa_kernel R9 on Mavericks 10.9, does not reach desktop. 

During boot, verbose shows typical start up seq. until after hfs mounted...

-it never reaches launchd and no "VM Swap subsys ON" either, it stalls there. The same result with -x and GE=No.

My CPU is Athlon II X2 245.But I saw some people use FX is normal and working well.

You have time to try to fix it?If you have the time,can give it a try?

Please forgive my request.

With v6_kernel your CPU is working perfect dude. You don't have to use BSA_kernel if there is working one for older cpus. Try it :)

I think Andy and the whole crew here done huuuuuge progress in AMD development and thanks for that. Anyway it will be very helpful if BSA_Kernel_R9 will work with every AMD cpu in the world Andy :D

P.S. Did you replace the System.kext in your Mavericks?

Edited by tragediana150

Hi this is my 1st post so I'd like to say hello to everone!

Let's go straight to the point:

Mac-Pro-olo:~ olo$ sysctl -a machdep.cpu
machdep.cpu.max_basic: 5
machdep.cpu.max_ext: 2147483675
machdep.cpu.vendor: AuthenticAMD
machdep.cpu.brand_string: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor
machdep.cpu.family: 16
machdep.cpu.model: 4
machdep.cpu.extmodel: 0
machdep.cpu.extfamily: 1
machdep.cpu.stepping: 3
machdep.cpu.feature_bits: 394984447 8396809
machdep.cpu.extfeature_bits: 4022598655 14335
machdep.cpu.signature: 1052483
machdep.cpu.brand: 0
machdep.cpu.features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PSE36 CLFSH MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 HTT SSE3 MON CX16 POPCNT
machdep.cpu.extfeatures: SYSCALL 1GBPAGE EM64T LAHF RDTSCP TSCI
machdep.cpu.logical_per_package: 4
machdep.cpu.cores_per_package: 4
machdep.cpu.microcode_version: 0
machdep.cpu.processor_flag: 0
machdep.cpu.mwait.linesize_min: 64
machdep.cpu.mwait.linesize_max: 64
machdep.cpu.mwait.extensions: 3
machdep.cpu.mwait.sub_Cstates: 0
machdep.cpu.cache.linesize: 64
machdep.cpu.cache.L2_associativity: 16
machdep.cpu.cache.size: 524288
machdep.cpu.address_bits.physical: 48
machdep.cpu.address_bits.virtual: 48
machdep.cpu.core_count: 4
machdep.cpu.thread_count: 4
Mac-Pro-olo:~ olo$ sysctl hw
hw.ncpu: 4
hw.byteorder: 1234
hw.memsize: 4294967296
hw.activecpu: 4
hw.physicalcpu: 4
hw.physicalcpu_max: 4
hw.logicalcpu: 4
hw.logicalcpu_max: 4
hw.cputype: 7
hw.cpusubtype: 4
hw.cpu64bit_capable: 1
hw.cpufamily: 2028621756
hw.cacheconfig: 4 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
hw.cachesize: 4294967296 65536 524288 12288 0 0 0 0 0 0
hw.pagesize: 4096
hw.busfrequency: 800000000
hw.busfrequency_min: 800000000
hw.busfrequency_max: 800000000
hw.cpufrequency: 3400000000
hw.cpufrequency_min: 3400000000
hw.cpufrequency_max: 3400000000
hw.cachelinesize: 64
hw.l1icachesize: 65536
hw.l1dcachesize: 65536
hw.l2cachesize: 524288
hw.l3cachesize: 12288
hw.tbfrequency: 1000000000
hw.packages: 1
hw.optional.floatingpoint: 1
hw.optional.mmx: 1
hw.optional.sse: 1
hw.optional.sse2: 1
hw.optional.sse3: 1
hw.optional.supplementalsse3: 0
hw.optional.sse4_1: 0
hw.optional.sse4_2: 0
hw.optional.x86_64: 1
hw.optional.aes: 0
hw.optional.avx1_0: 0
hw.optional.rdrand: 0
hw.optional.f16c: 0
hw.optional.enfstrg: 0
hw.optional.fma: 0
hw.optional.avx2_0: 0
hw.optional.bmi1: 0
hw.optional.bmi2: 0
hw.optional.rtm: 0
hw.optional.hle: 0
hw.machine = x86_64
hw.model = MacPro5,1
hw.ncpu = 4
hw.byteorder = 1234
hw.physmem = 2147483648
hw.usermem = 1764048896
hw.pagesize = 4096
hw.epoch = 0
hw.vectorunit = 1
hw.busfrequency = 800000000
hw.cpufrequency = 3400000000
hw.cachelinesize = 64
hw.l1icachesize = 65536
hw.l1dcachesize = 65536
hw.l2settings = 1
hw.l2cachesize = 524288
hw.l3settings = 1
hw.l3cachesize = 12288
hw.tbfrequency = 1000000000
hw.memsize = 4294967296
hw.availcpu = 4
Mac-Pro-olo:~ olo$ uname -a
Darwin Mac-Pro-olo.local 13.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: Fri 20 Dec 2013 16:10:39 GMT; Shaneee:xnu-master/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Mac-Pro-olo:~ olo$ 

This is the latest version of the kernel from github. But either SSSE3 or SSE4 seems to be turned off:(

Any Ideas?

I used to be interested in assembler language years ago. Maybe I could contribute.... but this post is way to long.... almost 300 pages... Now I'm sticking with much higher level of languages (scripted) and much higher layers of abstraction in my proffesional life. But as a hobby I can offer a few hours per week. But I need a good documentaion (wiki like?) Reading the whole post would take me weeks in this way :( 

I must learn lot of stuff. I can consider myself as a nob, coz' I have been in Hackintosh matter for 3 weeks or so. I used to play witch ShapeShifter, a good Amiga emulator of Motorola-Mac... It was a good stuff, amigas have the same CPUs like old macs...old times back in the day... but anyway I think this Hackintosh madness become my new hobby. Notice that I have not bought my computer for Mackintosh, so my mobo and CPU (AMD) brings me more troubles like for instance INTEL and new mobo with UEFI...

• Like 5

Your processor does not support them, and in this they are turned off.

твой процессор их не поддерживает, по этому они и выключены.

I know (although,  I'm not sure about some orders of SSE4). 

But... some most advanced kernels HAVE EMULATORS... man, huge part of this topic is about it....so.... U know get a grip...

Ps. I have forgoten, one kernel (Bronya's I guess) have SSSE3 enabled... unfortunatelly:

1. Photoshop CS6 claims, that it doesn't :(

2. Well known nasty GFX distortions appeared (pink ikons {i know there is a way to handle it}, distoreted captions near icons, distorted mouse cursor). 

Actually, I'd like to run latest version of Photoshop.... this is my goal. And I don't know if opcode emulators are good enough plus. Maybe there is special need, to fool PS that we have got authentic Intel. Dunno it will demand of some investigations...

Anyway, I see that guys, we can call 'EAGLES' are a little beat upset about policy of Apple (they stopped to public sources). I hope I'm wrong. So the hope for non FX AMD's and AMDS at all dying :(

I hope not.

I really hope when the beta phase is complete, then that Apple will release the open source.

These are also the statements of some insider.

I've also thought that it's over. I hope that we will soon get the source code. ???????

I think that Apple knows very well the stage of advancement of AMD kernel on Insanely. Apple knows everything about it and tracks every move here on AMD development. And I think that Apple finally starts to work with AMD Company and will start use the AMD CPU's on their devices. The AMD Section here is so highly developed, so I think it's good time to make a deal with apple to hire a new employees from this forum and make a big money BUT ONLY IF THEY WANT TO COOPERATE.

When this happens, the source will be available for everyone ;)

P.S. The first Apple step was to include graphics cards based on AMD Chipsets and it's done now. AMD Radeons are in the Apple devices. Now we're waiting for the AMD Cpu's on these devices :)

Edited by tragediana150
  • Like 4