Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

:)

hello spakk, 

why develop a kernel 13.2 beta? it would be wiser to wait for the official release 10.9.2 Maveriks to continue, beta kernel changes can still happen so the best solution may be to wait for the official version that the coders working on it.

the Maveriks Version 10.9.0/1 works perfectly on AMD and has nothing to envy to the vanilla version for Intel. The Haswell processors (Intel) encounter more problems than AMD CPU is a little history of the biter !   :)

I think you're right Gils, mavericks works very well so far on AMD processors.

I'm not quite sure if the OPCODE problem will also come in the official version too.?

Edit:

also mavericks 10.9.2 version 13C59 works very well with last amd kernel by Andy and sinetek but with Replace System.kext and Sandbox.kext from 10.9

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2

profitons de nos PC AMD qui fonctionnent à merveille , même mon Sempron reprend vie sous OS X Maveriks   :) je penses que sous M 10.9.2 il fonctionnera à merveille aussi :) même un Pentium HT ne fonctionne pas aussi bien  :rolleyes:

enjoy our PC AMD that work wonderfully, even my life again Sempron OS X Maveriks :) I think it will work under 10.9.2 M perfectly too :) even a Pentium HT does not work as well

245230Capturedcran20140217020112.png

with small HD 5450  :D

257138Capturedcran20090317040113.png

948278Capturedcran20090317040305.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PkMWetiJCFA

• Like 4

quick Q for whom have FX processors like FX 8350 

do you have any problem (Crashes or glitches or colour changes ) on any programs specially on latest  GFX programs 

as i think on upgrading cpu to FX8350

@ Mohamed, if you want to buy a new CPU, then I would wait a little until the FX9590 is slightly cheaper, though it costs a few bucks more but then you have a super CPU :)

http://geizhals.de/amd-fx-9590-fd9590fhhkwof-a973468.html

I use a CPU: Phenom II X6 1100T, CPU is not overclocking.

So far I have not had a Crasch, all music and sound programs and the remaining Adobe programs run on my hardware without any problems and my graphics card works almost perfectly

FX 9590 Test

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2

@ Mohamed, if you want to buy a new CPU, then I would wait a little until the FX9590 is slightly cheaper, though it costs a few bucks more but then you have a super CPU :)

So far I have not had a Crasch, all music and sound programs and the remaining Adobe programs run on my hardware without any problems.

the problem on final cut pro :/

and feel to some extent that cpu doesn't works with its full power because of instruction limitation

so want to update for instructions and and upgrade for performance 

about fx9590 it is too expensive now and see on power consummation  don't know if it will work normally on my motherboard !!

and feel to some extent that cpu doesn't works with its full power because of instruction limitation

about fx9590 it is too expensive now and see on power consummation  don't know if it will work normally on my motherboard !!

I do not know why there is such a massive problem?

I think that that the optimization of the DSDT.aml and the selection of drivers are essential for the good Performences and Kompetabilität. I do not know. :unsure:

I do not know why there is such a massive problem?

I think that that the optimization of the DSDT.aml and the selection of drivers are essential for the good Performences and Kompetabilität. I do not know. :unsure:

Edit:

I had massive problems with system crashes during the entire Mountain Lion kernel-development phase but since mavericks everything OK

Edit:

The fact is that your and my motherboard can work max. with FX 8350. I can not take the FX 9590 my Board is GA-990 FXA-UD3 with Rev. 1.2. only the next Gigabyte Generation Rev. 4.0 or the GA 990 FXA-UD5/UD7 in Rev. 3.0 can work with the current consumption of the FX 9370 or FX 9590 together.

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

Edit:

I am very satisfied at the moment, so I'll continue to work with my current hardware and still do not buy new hardware.

• Like 1

So far I have not had a Crasch, all music and sound programs and the remaining Adobe programs run on my hardware without any problems and my graphics card works almost perfectly

FX 9590 Test

bah  !!! le test est complètement faussé  :shock:  j'ai un FX 8350 et un Xeon E3-1245 v2 ( i7 3770) et je te garantie que le FX est plus puissant que le Xeon , rien que dans le test x264 , le FX 8350 est plus rapide en réalité que le Xeon avec Handbrake (300 fps pour le FX et 200 fps pour le xeon , donc , j'ose imaginer que le reste des tests sont faux .

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

le i5 4670k est quand même très loin derrière un FX 8350  :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

bah! the test is completely distorted  :shock:  I have a 8350 FX and Xeon E3-1245 v2 (i7 3770) and I will guarantee that the FX is more powerful than the Xeon, nothing in the x264 test, the FX 8350 is actually faster than the Xeon with Handbrake (300 fps to 200 fps and the FX for xeon, so I imagine that the rest of the tests are false.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

the i5 4670k still far behind FX 8350 :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

• Like 2

Thanks to our development here on Insaneleymac, now can AMD recorded better sales figures, and we get nothing for development. I ask for a donation to our account: :cry::bye::whistle: :whistle:

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2

regardes le Xeon E3-1245 v2 vs FX 8350 dans une machine virtuelle (win7/Parallels9) 8 threads activé en test multitache , le résultat est sans appelle ;)

look at the Xeon E3-1245 v2 vs FX 8350 in a virtual machine (win7/Parallels9) 8 threads activated multitasking test, the result is called  ;)

kernel vanilla for Intel and kernel Bronya v7 for FX 8350 :)    with 3 MV active

• Like 2

Only problem whit AMD CPU is that some APPs like Photoshop CC (Black And White, some 3D Stuff. . .etc),Ilustrator CC (ALL) are not working, and there is no more Open Source for OS X 10.9+ releases.

I am waiting for my next salary and i am buying i7. . .

• Like 1

Only problem whit AMD CPU is that some APPs like Photoshop CC (Black And White, some 3D Stuff. . .etc),Ilustrator CC (ALL) are not working, and there is no more Open Source for OS X 10.9+ releases.

I am waiting for my next salary and i am buying i7. . .

Is it bad that I knew nothing about that? I started PS CC to see if B&W worked, and it crashed! I was like..... :wallbash:

test the structure of my Extra folder, compare the information and try to be adjusted in accordance with your data, maybe it can help you to solve your problems.

Hi,

I read through all 200+ pages of the forum to try and figure out what I should do. I am running Niresh 10.9 (no updates applied yet) I have an A8 cpu, but it hangs at times. Not sure if this kernal was meant to address the A8 series. I also own a FM2A55M-DGS V2 motherboard that haS been a bit of pain to get it up and running. Not sure if this solution would provide me with a bit of a speed boost or resolve the hangs. 

Hi,

I read through all 200+ pages of the forum to try and figure out what I should do. I am running Niresh 10.9 (no updates applied yet) I have an A8 cpu, but it hangs at times. Not sure if this kernal was meant to address the A8 series. I also own a FM2A55M-DGS V2 motherboard that haS been a bit of pain to get it up and running. Not sure if this solution would provide me with a bit of a speed boost or resolve the hangs. 

===>   FM2A55M-DGS V2

I think that you're better download the original Mavericks app from appel store and then install via MyHack

but first of all:

• you need to test it, install SystemInfo.app and thus is check your hardware compatibility.

• Then look for the correct chipset drivers for your hardware.

• If it does not boot, then you may need to edit the chipset driver with your VEN-ID and DEV-ID , found by SystemInfo.app

• But the most important is bios settings: set AHCI to Enabled, set the boot medium (USB Stick) on the first place.

• then you should try to boot with diveres boot flags

here you no one can say which kernel you can take special so that your system will boot, try the last 5 - 6 test kernels eventually will boot your system

Good Luck! B)

Apple released update 10.9.2! Build 13C64

Successfully install it and boot with kernel from Савва v.2. Also need to change kexts: applematch, corecrypto, applematch, system with kexts from 10.9.1

After the update, a rollback of System.kext and Sandbox.kext of 10.9 is sufficient. Then your system will boot normally.

After the update, a rollback of System.kext and Sandbox.kext of 10.9 is sufficient. Then your system will boot normally.

Hi. I rolled back those ketxts and using Савва's Kernel. after updating but I have not been able to boot at all and verbose isn't giving me much indication on what's the problem.

Does anyone know exactly which kexts the 10.9.2 update updates/replaces?

Thanks.

Hi. I rolled back those ketxts and using Савва's Kernel. after updating but I have not been able to boot at all and verbose isn't giving me much indication on what's the problem.

Does anyone know exactly which kexts the 10.9.2 update updates/replaces?

Thanks.

Yeah, mine is pretty unstable after the update. I'm using Bronya's RC8 kernel, and I rolled back the System.kext and Sandbox.kext, but it gets very sluggish after I get to the login screen. Mine keeps crashing back to the login screen. Safe Boot is my only option right now.

Thank god I waited before going on with the update. :D I also heard that 7000 cards also stop working after the update. It reads the AMD Radeon 4000 kexts instead. And having a 7870 card, it would be unfortunate if I did.

Yeah, mine is pretty unstable after the update. I'm using Bronya's RC8 kernel, and I rolled back the System.kext and Sandbox.kext, but it gets very sluggish after I get to the login screen. Mine keeps crashing back to the login screen. Safe Boot is my only option right now.

disregard my previous post. I got it to work but I'm using Савва v.2 kernel (was previously using the one on the first post) and everything seems to be working fine, not sluggish or unstable for me at all. in my case i did only require the kexts spakk mentioned and any kernel seems to be working fine for me. (need to repair disk permissions with Disk Utility not kext wizard, but do rebuild the kext cache with wizard)

btw any kernel makes the clock go fast on my system so far, is there a work around or do I just have to wait for a better kernel?