Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

...safe journeys Sinetek...I may yet achieve"Oldest Active Member Status" a friendly "deadmoo" to you... :smoke:

wasn't that the password to the 10.4.1 vmware image (x86)

I remember... I also played around with that image. It was my first experience of OS X...

wasn't that the password to the 10.4.1 vmware image (x86)

I remember... I also played around with that image. It was my first experience of OS X...

mine as well....on a P4...and to be honest...i had an emulation of os x running on PearPC at around the same time... :smoke:

• Like 1

thanks everyone, i didn't expect that  :wub: 

i'm still gonna pop in here and lend a hand if needed, of course ^^
It's just that without sources I can't do much, and Apple keeps tightening the vice. plus lots of things are happening in the unix land that i'm missing on because XNU insists on being a closed ecosystem.

so ya :-)

• Like 13

Not to be crying for help here, but how to you get past BSA kernel getting stuck at hfs:(etc.)?

I am running out of ideas on what to do, since I've tried a lot of different kexts.

The thing is that the BSA kernel ironically is the only kernel that works on the Turion 64. (and Sinetek's kernel is working on old AMDs, as far as I've read)

Not only that, but the same thing happens on my Athlon II 250 as well. (currently running Савва's kernel on it, works flawlessly)

BSA v8 does the same things as the other kernels do on the Turion - hangs at the black screen when Darwin is loaded.

(oh and I'm trying to run 10.9.2, by the way)

Also, what I'd like to know is what kernel uses what? For instance, if my processor supports an opcode that an opemu emulates, will it still emulate it, or will it use the processor's capability?

I'm asking because of performance reasons, because if I can get better performance with AnV's BSA kernel, I'd rather use that one, of course.

And one more thing - is SSE4a of any use at all? If it isn't then I understand why and why it isn't in use already.

(if you're wondering who the hell I am, and where did I even make the other 16 posts, it's because I poop in whenever I do hackintoshing, which isn't very often)

Fols, this is NOT the appropriate place to ask for help. Thank you. I'm referring to a post I had to deleted, if anyone's asking.

Welp sorry about that. Did not know where to put it since this is the most active thread about the AMD kernels.

Where should I ask then?

Not to be crying for help here, but how to you get past BSA kernel getting stuck at hfs:(etc.)?

I am running out of ideas on what to do, since I've tried a lot of different kexts.

The thing is that the BSA kernel ironically is the only kernel that works on the Turion 64. (and Sinetek's kernel is working on old AMDs, as far as I've read)

Not only that, but the same thing happens on my Athlon II 250 as well. (currently running Савва's kernel on it, works flawlessly)

BSA v8 does the same things as the other kernels do on the Turion - hangs at the black screen when Darwin is loaded.

(oh and I'm trying to run 10.9.2, by the way)

Also, what I'd like to know is what kernel uses what? For instance, if my processor supports an opcode that an opemu emulates, will it still emulate it, or will it use the processor's capability?

I'm asking because of performance reasons, because if I can get better performance with AnV's BSA kernel, I'd rather use that one, of course.

And one more thing - is SSE4a of any use at all? If it isn't then I understand why and why it isn't in use already.

(if you're wondering who the hell I am, and where did I even make the other 16 posts, it's because I poop in whenever I do hackintoshing, which isn't very often)

:)

I do not think it comes from the kernel .............

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/2423184

I have a few problems with 2 kernels:

1. Kernel number 1

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3726-kernel-os-x-mavericks-1091-amd/

Restart/Shutdown is working

No icon glitches.

But the video in quicktime is running faster than audio. In VLC the video is also running faster, and the audio disapears the 1 second.

2. Kernel number 2

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3657-amd-fx-109-mavericks-kernel-nvidia-work/

With this kernel I get prefect video playback, but I also get Icon glitches, and no restart or shutdown working ((

As I understand fixing the Icon glitches or restart is more dificult, so can you tell me what solution could solve the playback issue?

Or if you can combine the 2 kernels into a SuperKernel that would combine the working things from those 2 kernels.

Thanks ;)

PS: my system

AMD Phenom x3 8450

Video ATI HD4830

Installed Mavericks on 

AMD FX 6300

HD 7750 2 GB

20 x 2 DVI / VGA 

USB created with my hack , booted with npci=0x2000 GE=No , installed perfectly , rebooted in to the system again using npci=0x2000 GE=NO and perfect , I have acceleration as X plane 10 works. Installed drivers using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Mavericks.  

you're here on the wrong side! Fill in your reports to the appropriate page!!

These questions do not belong here and not the accounts of how you have successfully installed your systems. It was repeatedly asked these unnecessary questions and reports to be written in the pages reserved for this purpose!

This page is only for the development

Please read the rules.

Thank you.

Your problems are not cause of the kernel.

Your problems have been discussed several times here on insaneleymac and other OS X Forums and explains how to correct the deficiencies. Once again, this is not the kernel.

Is anyone else having difficulties with cc/clang? I was trying to install the python package "py-bcrypt" using pip, but it causes a segfault, as does anything else that I try to install that needs to compile. Would this be kernel related, perhaps due to the SSSE3 emulation? It works fine on my Macbook Air.

I've tried it with xnu-2422.1.72_by_bronya_sinetek_anv_rc7 as well as with savvamitrofanov:xnu-master and they both have the same issue.

Here's what I get:

Stack dump:

0.	Program arguments: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -cc1 -triple x86_64-apple-macosx10.9.0 -emit-obj -disable-free -disable-llvm-verifier -main-file-name bcrypt.c -mrelocation-model pic -pic-level 2 -mdisable-fp-elim -relaxed-aliasing -masm-verbose -munwind-tables -target-cpu core2 -target-linker-version 236.3 -gdwarf-2 -coverage-file /private/var/folders/1t/jw2xdf1x00l007jkyvlp8csr0000gn/T/pip_build_mihirjoshi/py-bcrypt/build/temp.macosx-10.9-intel-2.7/bcrypt/bcrypt.o -resource-dir /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/../lib/clang/5.1 -D ENABLE_DTRACE -D MACOSX -D NDEBUG -D NDEBUG -D ENABLE_DTRACE -I /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/include/python2.7 -Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wshorten-64-to-32 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-error=unused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future -Wno-error=unused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future -fdebug-compilation-dir /private/var/folders/1t/jw2xdf1x00l007jkyvlp8csr0000gn/T/pip_build_mihirjoshi/py-bcrypt -ferror-limit 19 -fmessage-length 0 -fwrapv -stack-protector 1 -mstackrealign -fblocks -fobjc-runtime=macosx-10.9.0 -fencode-extended-block-signature -fno-common -fdiagnostics-show-option -vectorize-loops -vectorize-slp -o build/temp.macosx-10.9-intel-2.7/bcrypt/bcrypt.o -x c bcrypt/bcrypt.c

1.	<eof> parser at end of file

2.	Code generation

3.	Running pass 'Function Pass Manager' on module 'bcrypt/bcrypt.c'.

4.	Running pass 'X86 DAG->DAG Instruction Selection' on function '@encode_base64'

clang: error: unable to execute command: Segmentation fault: 11

clang: error: clang frontend command failed due to signal (use -v to see invocation)

Apple LLVM version 5.1 (clang-503.0.38) (based on LLVM 3.4svn)

Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0

Thread model: posix

clang: note: diagnostic msg: PLEASE submit a bug report to http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/ and include the crash backtrace, preprocessed source, and associated run script.

I know this isn't the help forum, but I thought perhaps I could get some insight into whether or not this is a kernel issue, since it seems like it might be.