Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

bronya kernel rc3 

replaced kexts

backtrace corecrypto error 

any suggestions,

phenom ii x6 1055t

Radeon 7770 

i get that error when i remove corecrypto.kext, try adding it to S/L/E, maybe ? 

sorry , this is totally correct what you have written . which is in connection with Remove the corecrypto.kext .

@spakk test

ForceHPET
Yes
arch
x86_64

you put the Nullcpu and removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Thanks carlo_67 for your answer , I'll test it

my procedure 

Pandora created by maverick usb 10.9 

installed and removed after AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext done after Installation 

then combined update 10.9.2 

replaced kext posted earlier

Schermata 2014-05-14 alle 19.58.07.png

Schermata 2014-05-14 alle 19.56.18.png

Schermata 2014-05-14 alle 19.57.46.png

carlo, the same spectacle, ends, as some here in cryptocore in backtrace, when I remove corecrypto it get opcode error. no chance .... I did everything correctly.

i can get my build running after a update after having some issues, 
but making a bootable{obviously} setup ... no luck with that 

i am almost done adding tweaks and goodies to the setup ... the only thing is to boot up and start hunting for stability issues[no success with amd system{*only phenom ii, don't have a fx }] 

and my observation and review of 10.9.2

Processor : slightly better performance in intel, no benchmark on amd{poor stability and glitches}

Graphics : 1) better performance when using mac pro 6,1 with a 7xxx series card and a 4+ core processor {x6, x4, i5 etc }

2) graphics seem faster on my 7770, a clean installation {maybe thats why, GUID with 3 mac partitions }

RAM : close to best allocation by OS {no big deal, but better in 10.9.2[iNTEL], the same on amd[its really good, but original is the best]}

3D apps like blender : perfect on intel and amd, just issues with video rendering and output recording and even Adobe photoshop 

conclusion so far, 

amazing effort by all the amazing kernel makers
a really good start, most older issues seem to be fixed... just a few patched kexts should do really good 

peace

carlo, the same spectacle, ends, as some here in cryptocore in backtrace, when I remove corecrypto it get opcode error. no chance .... I did everything correctly.

I change corecrypto.kext leave the original 
the installation succeeds perfectly

I change corecrypto.kext leave the original 
the installation succeeds perfectly

could you upload your kext, mine leads to a kernel panic anyway(maybe due to the loss of the original in making of myhack USB drive)? thanks

try this for old amd Cpus, phenom etc
im not sure about if this will work, but try this kernel for old amd cpu's .... no corecrypto errors or opcode, atleast 
[this is not the rc3 ]
its just an old kernel, mysteriously shows no error of any kext on the 10.9.2 install USB, but gets stuck at mounting my HDD partitions 

amd_kernel.zip

Dear Folks,

now I have tried all sums no chance.

• uses the kernels of Bronya on my executable versions of OS X 10.9.0 to 10.9.3 (Build 13D61) occurred the same error: Extensions in backtrace "Core Crypto ........."  
  • with theconnatic kernel based on BSA_R8, system re-boot after start of OS X.
  • I have created Kernels of based on BSA_R6, R7, R8 and R9 --> result: with the same as kernel of theconnatic.
  • Then I have created USB stick's and external HDD's with myHack and with disk utility on based of mavericks 10.9 and 10.9.2 , all changes and information did not help. Unfortunately, with the results that I have until now posted here .

I 'll wait in hope that something will work

Try two kernels - secure and no secure kernels =)

attachicon.gifmach_10_9_2__fx_bronya_rc4.zip

@bronzovka,

Unfortunately, no improvement in the situation.

Both kernels were tested with Install Stick 10.9 and 10.9.2 , unfortunately with the same result-.

it does not matter what I enter as a boot flag that it always ends at the same place:

extensions in backtrace "core crypto ..."

normally it should be if without specification of npci=0x .... the system should stop in "PCI Configuration beginn..." what does not make it unfortunately.

I hope you understand me :(

just a question to you guys. who here is actually running 10.9.2 already on a hackingtosh? I've been using it since it came out and even installed the latest security update.

Im just here trying to tests these new kernels because I have issues with rendering in final cut pro and the time is about 10% faster on my current system.

It is not our intention! It's about to crate the xnu-kernel 10.9.2 the previous AMD kernel run on all versions up to including mavericks 10.9.3. Build 13d61

see my signature

It is not our intention! It's about to crate the xnu-kernel 10.9.2 the previous AMD kernel run on all versions up to including mavericks 10.9.3. Build 13d61

so if previous kernels run most dot updates why do we need to make a new kernel exactly? will there be improvements?

The previous executable amd kernels are from xnu Source 10.9.0

the kernel to have with some hardware components problems . My system is almost fully supported. Arrested development must not happen.

We are very grateful that we have here the best kernel programmers who make the impossible possible.

Edit:

it is not 100 percent sure whether the recent kernels will boot with the upcoming update. Therefore, it is very important to develop.

• Like 2

I am very interested to know what systems work with which current kernel. Specifications with brief description of your hardware and a brief description of the measures you have taken so that your system can boot successfully. Thx

@ spakk 
test 
these changes kext + kernel 
make a copy of your
Use kext wizard :moil:

@ spakk need to succeed 
I tried it on three systems and that's okay 
and do not go away until you can not

carlo, many thanks for your perseverance and willingness to help, I will test it immediately and report. :thumbsup_anim:

Unfortunately was the same with the same error message, carlo

I had the suspicion that possibly it could at the bootloader or at the folder extra/modules/ there lie. unfortunately, tried everything. It's not.

I have everything installed on my USB install Stick 10.9 and 10.9.2 without a change.

Something in the new kernel prevents the CPUs some runs and others not. I think that it is not only alone the CPUID identification ? I'm not sure, of times that can answer better, Andy, bronzovka or other capable kernel programmers ?

Unfortunately was the same with the same error message, carlo

I had the suspicion that possibly it could at the bootloader or at the folder extra/modules/ there lie. unfortunately, tried everything. It's not.

I have everything installed on my USB install Stick 10.9 and 10.9.2 without a change.

Something in the new kernel prevents the CPUs some runs and others not. I think that it is not only alone the CPUID identification ? I'm not sure, of times that can answer better, Andy, bronzovka or other capable kernel programmers ?

It's not due to cpuid.

Then no AMD cpu would work.

• Like 1