Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon.

janek202

681 posts in this topic

The compiled binaries you provide for install comes from your private server?

I mean, you compile them and prepare to use with the app?

Yep. I send it on my dropbox. I made a simple application that backups, downloads, compiles, packs chameleon and updates info about the trunk. I just click it once every day.

Hi Janek.

One "question"

Relate to install the bdmesg.

If I target the installation/update of chameleon on a EFI partition that binary file will not be installed.

No problem if the target is a normal partition...

Fabio

Hi Janek.

One "question"

Relate to install the bdmesg.

If I target the installation/update of chameleon on a EFI partition that binary file will not be installed.

No problem if the target is a normal partition...

Fabio

So, it's working as expected. Bdmesg won't work from /Volumes/EFI/usr/sbin.

I'm not going to guess if you want to install chameleon on EFI partition on external disk or internal, next to /.

If you install chameleon on non-EFI partition bdemesg will be installed on selected partition. If you install it on EFI it won't be because it wouldn't work from EFI partition... Or maybe I'm wrong?

So, it's working as expected. Bdmesg won't work from /Volumes/EFI/usr/sbin.

I'm not going to guess if you want to install chameleon on EFI partition on external disk or internal, next to /.

If you install chameleon on non-EFI partition bdemesg will be installed on selected partition. If you install it on EFI it won't be because it wouldn't work from EFI partition... Or maybe I'm wrong?

You right on this.

Q. Is possible, if I install chameleon on a EFI partition(diskXs1), Install the bdmesg tool on the non-EFI partition (diskXs2)?

I hope is more clear the questions...

Fabio

Q. Is possible, if I install chameleon on a EFI partition(diskXs1), Install the bdmesg tool on the non-EFI partition (diskXs2)?

A: No.

(The only way to do that is: select update option, and then remove boot file from selected partition on which you want to install bdemesg.)

A: No.

(The only way to do that is: select update option, and then remove boot file from selected partition on which you want to install bdemesg.)

OK :censored2:

Thanks!

Fabio

Is there any chance of a Windows port coming out in event Chameleon no longer boots OSX and the version needs to be changed?

No.

I won't create it. Maybe someone else will.

Use BootCD.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I dont want to step on anyones toes by asking a silly question, but I would like to use this Chameleon Wizard to do the following:

I have 2 drives each with a SL install on them, one drive, lets say my first drive has Chameleon on it and the second drive is accessed through the Chameleon interface to boot that SL install.

I would like to format the first drive with Chameleon on it to try Lion, the first drive is having issues so I have nominated it to be the guinea pig for Lion. If I install Chameleon to the second drive and wipe the first drive will Chameleon still boot?

Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me? Hoping for a speedy reply and thanks in advance, cheers mates, Plucka

hi crazy birdy

i am noticed that you have problem with your graphics card after upgrade to 10.6.8 .that after you put your laptop to sleep after wake up your screen goes scrambled .now i have exact some problem as you.plz if able to fix your problem help me with this scrambled screen in lion.

thanks for your help