Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon.

janek202

681 posts in this topic

New beta 2.9.2 build.

Added Default Partition selection options.

Small fixes in JSON API support.

Redesigned org.chameleon.Boot edition window. It's much smaller now.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7085278/Chameleon_...nWizardBeta.zip

If you want me to add your theme into the Chameleon Wizard's theme downloader, just write me an email with zip package, thumbnail, description, and your nick to janek202.osx86 (a) gmail [dot] com

Please test and report me any bugs, crashes, or ideas for new features and flags.

New beta 2.9.2 build.

Hi janek202,

I have been using your app from the beginning. Great work ;) Thanks.

However with builds 2.8 and 2.9, I have the same problem as Dr.Hurt.

When there is no bootloader installed on the partition, app works properly.

It detects the latest Chameleon revision on the server but when I try to install it, it crashes right after download. Surprisingly, bootloader is actually installed even though the app crashed.

When I reopen the app to update the bootloader, it doesn't detect any revision on the server, and doesn't detect the chameleon version installed to partition (writes revision XYZ instead). If I click install anyway, I get:

Error:

Couldn't download file.

Check your internet connection, and try again later

I can get it work again by deleting the boot file from the target partition. That way app works again, downloads, installs, crashes and same cycle repeats itself :/

post-702132-1313340357_thumb.jpg

The build date wheel is not even turning. Like it is not even working on getting build date. This is with Chameleon installed on Lion Retail.

However with builds 2.8 and 2.9, I have the same problem as Dr.Hurt.

The build date wheel is not even turning. Like it is not even working on getting build date. This is with Chameleon installed on Lion Retail.

Older versions works ok?

Edit:

Here's the Debug version that will log many things in the Console. Please make me a screenshot of this logs.

Everything works great on my hack, so It's hard to find me any bugs.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7085278/Chameleon_...WizardDebug.zip

I don't know why, I haven't changed code for that things. Maybe it's an issue with Lion? (I don't have lion, I won't buy it until probably 10.7.4).

Beta 2.9.5:

Added bdmesg.

Added SystemType flag.

Small fixes.

Edit2:

It should look like on the screen (boot0 download installation).

post-486066-1313343712_thumb.png

Older versions works ok?

Yep, never had a problem (even on Lion). Recent changes on my end - I did a fresh install of Lion last night. Changed hac setup from MacPro to MacBookPro. That should not make a difference, but that is when the problem started. I'll go back to MacPro and see if that really has anything to do with it :unsure:

Edit: Just seen you posted a debug version. I'll give it a shot and get back to you Later. Thanks...

Got it :)

8/15/11 12:02:38 AM	Chameleon Wizard[201]	1. Starting...
8/15/11 12:02:38 AM	Chameleon Wizard[201]	2. Init complete, translating...
8/15/11 12:02:38 AM	Chameleon Wizard[201]	3. Dispatch finished, reading keys...
8/15/11 12:02:38 AM	Chameleon Wizard[201]	4. Detecting Disks...
8/15/11 12:02:38 AM	Chameleon Wizard[201]	5. Downloading data...
8/15/11 12:02:38 AM	[0x0-0x28028].janek202.Chameleon-Wizard[201]	/usr/bin/strings: can't open file: /boot (Permission denied)
8/15/11 12:02:38 AM	Chameleon Wizard[201]	*** -[NSCFString substringFromIndex:]: Range or index out of bounds

Fixed the issue by running app as root from terminal :D

I think you should make the app authenticate first and run the scripts as root

Ok, try to change permissions of boot file:

sudo -s

chown 0:0 /boot

chmod 755 /boot

If that helps I will add this code into the app.

Yup, that fixed it. Thank you :)

New Beta build.

Sets owner and permissions for /boot file. (If it crashes at startup, just remove /boot file, and then it should work ok).

SMbios editor under construction.

Work fine here.

A small language update (Italian)

Also there is a new key (mozodojo add it some week ago), maybe you can add it into "miscellaneous"

is the new C-State gen.

have this flag: CSTUsingSystemIO = Yes

Here's the Debug version that will log many things in the Console. Please make me a screenshot of this logs.

Hi janek202,

Sorry for the delay, had a busy day.

Here is the screenshot you asked for.

post-702132-1313384882_thumb.jpg post-702132-1313385528_thumb.jpg

I tried the new beta you posted, and it is now working :D

Thanks for your continued support :D

New Beta build.

Added CSTUsingSystemIO flag.

Small fixes.

If you want me to add your theme into the Chameleon Wizard's theme downloader, just write me an email with zip package, thumbnail, description, and your nick to janek202.osx86 (a) gmail [dot] com

Please test and report me any bugs, crashes, or ideas for new features and flags.

Some recommendations:

CPU and RAM info is detected automatically by Chameleon for most people. I think you should put them under an "extra" or "advanced" option in the app for those who want to override the info detected by Chameleon.

In Boot.plist, there is no need for an x64 option since its the default. Also, I would recommend defining the architecture as a kernel flag (ie. arch=i386) instead of a separate entry in the plist.

By the way, awesome work. Keep it up :(

CPU and RAM info is detected automatically by Chameleon for most people. I think you should put them under an "extra" or "advanced" option in the app for those who want to override the info detected by Chameleon.

Yep. I changed the way it shows it.

In Boot.plist, there is no need for an x64 option since its the default. Also, I would recommend defining the architecture as a kernel flag (ie. arch=i386) instead of a separate entry in the plist.

Arch as Kernel Flag wasn't working for my friend some time ago. We don't know why. Arch as separate entry should always work.

I know there's no need for x64, it's default. But I changed the way it works. :) It will no longer add arch=x86_64 to plist.

Edit:

New build of beta 2.9.8.

Fixed automatic buildbot selection based on the latest rev.

Buildbot API Error: "/bin/sh: line 0: cd: sym: No such file or directory" should no longer crash the application.

Small fixes.

SMbios edition doesn't work, yet.

- in graphic mode, 1920x1800x32 should be 1920x1080x32

- when trying to save as the boot.plist, it gets org.chamleon.Boot.plist as the name. There is an "a" missing.

Fixed. Thank you.

if you provide MainMenue.xib i would translate the new features

When I'll finish coding all the features I will add all necessary keys into Localizable.strings, and no MainMenu.xib modification will be required.

I got a crash and here is the report.

Also, the wizard didn't hide the boot file. It was previously hidden and when I updated to the latest version, it got visible. (Hide Boot File is checked)

Try the new version.

If there will be a crash, send me a screenshot of the console messages.