[Poll] Are you homosexual?

bofors

[Poll] Are you homosexual?  

672 members have voted

1. 1. [Poll] Are you homosexual?

• Yes
    • No

370 posts in this topic

Depends - you probably could factor in a proportion of straight people who ignored the topic and the proportion of {censored} people who jumped in to answer yes (i think {censored} people tend to hold a certain pride in being {censored} and whereas straight people don't feel the need to announce it...)

i have a boxer shes a {censored} shes always humping my leg and getting my pitbull like if shes the man-shes confused poor thing-

props to the {censored} who represented i am 100% and proud straight male i love women but alot of important figures in human history where {censored} so theres nothing wrong with it.

live on live your life enjoy it at the end of the day is your life not societys.

i personally think its ok to be [i aint though] since i respect everyones opinions on everything, and one annoying thing is that some people in school think i really am a homosexual and they go around telling people and i get rejected. :blink: well thats life i guess

homophobes

Technically, -phobe means scared of/frightened by. That term is completely useless and way too overused. It is used as if to suggest that anyone who does not support that lifestyle FEARS those that do.

Not true. I'm a Libertarian, I don't really give a {censored} what any of you, {censored} or straight, do in your "personal life," just don't do it around me. I've seen people that actually seem offended when I DON'T react with some strange horriffic facial expression, like they were expecting to catch me in a "phobemoment" or something. It's rather amusing when I offer little or no reaction, and just accept that person for who they are, when they were expecting something much more reactionary. I have {censored} and bi friends. No difference to me, really, as long as they accept that I'm not. The mutual respect of personal choice is what it's all about.

So, getting back to linguistics, I think that word is totally incorrect. It has nothing to do with fear, and everything to do with: "I don't swing that way."

If that type of misuse was used generally, then couldn't I call racists blackaphobes or whiteaphobes or asianaphobes... or Red Sox fans Yankeeaphobes? How about Macaphobes or WindowsBobaphobes?

I just looked it up on Wikipedia, and the term is even disputed in the article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobia

Now that I've wiped that word out of the dictionary, I propose we invent a new word. Any thoughts?

Mash~

I like your stance on a lot of issues. I have been reading over these threads, and you seem to say things that almost everyone can agree with. It's hard not to make the discussion opinionated.

And the guy everyone i calling Simon... Is that THE Simon? If so, I didn't realize he was still around.

Now back to the gayness topic. I am not {censored}, but I personally don't have anything against them. I still cringe if I see them making out in public, but I am not going to let that effect my views.

Also, I am surprised at the amount of {censored} people on this forum. I always imagined the figure being around 5-10%, but I didn't think it was as high as 15%. Not that this forum poll is an accurate study anyway.

I have to say that I like unstatusquo's take on things. I would consider myself conservative, but more politically leaning towards what I believe to be the fore-father's intent for this country. On this whole {censored} issue, I personally believe that if you are {censored} and it makes you happy, have at it-just keep it in your bedroom and not on my TV. My problem with the "{censored} agenda" (hate even using that, but it was to make a "breeders"point) is that it is being force fed to our children in school, on TV, and the mainstream media. Why are 3rd graders reading books about someone's Two Daddy's (not natural and step-daddy either)? They should just be learning how to read, not be indoctrinated into accepting the {censored} lifestyle. I believe that homosexuality is a choice of lifestyle, not something you are born with. Following my logic, if you make that choice, you are not entitled to any special rights, no more so than if I'm a hard-core bike rider and demand that all cars yield the right of way to me. I think that homosexuals are using the schools to influence young children to make a lifestyle choice that they normally would not make. Kids are confused enough without being told you're {censored} and are denying your true self. My point is, let them grow up and decide on their own.

On the marriage issue, I think same sex marriage stems from an effort to undermine the traditional nuclear family and eventually destroy it. Mash made as good an argument for this as can be made-what is good for one group is good for all-polygamy, same sex, etc... As a child I did not have a father that provided me with guidance, and I craved that male role model and found it in my grandfather. While a child can and does turn out as a well rounded adult without parents, how often does this really happen? Think about your own childhood, even if you did not have parents, wasn't there at least one adult, if not numerous ones that influenced you and helped mold you into the adult you are today?

Morality? We need it, the bible provides the best template for it, if we make it all relative, then who's to say that when I steal your car that I'm wrong? I will say it was within my moral scope to take it.

Uh, if you against seeing or hearing it, then yeah, you do have something against {censored} people.

that doesnt mean he has anything against {censored} people. maybe he just dont want to see two guys making out. i sure as hell dont want to either. my stance has always been: be {censored} if you want to, just dont bring that {censored} around me.

that doesnt mean he has anything against {censored} people. maybe he just dont want to see two guys making out. i sure as hell dont want to either. my stance has always been: be {censored} if you want to, just dont bring that {censored} around me.

It's fairly safe to say that if you are against it affecting your life... you're against it. I'm curious as to why you refer to same-sex affection as "{censored}" seeing that there are many heterosexual cultures regularly practicing such. Homophobia is a really narrow-minded fear to have. I understand it might be an inconvience to have to deal with... but having spent much time in San Fransisco, CA I've found it's much easier than most make it out to be.

It's easy to be in favor of something that doesn't affect you. That's like me saying; you can be straight, but don't kiss, hold hands, talk about girls around me... Hardly supporting.

See with me, I dont really like seeing two guys make out, HOWEVER, I dont really like to see a guy and a girl making out in public either, its the same to me, however, no laws should be made against this as its a persons choice, the fact that it offends me slightly, does not justify grounds for laws to be made against it.

everyone has a right to do whatever they want (as long as they dont infringe on other people's rights) and being {censored} falls into that category. now if i see two dudes making out in public, im gonna call em out on it just as i will a guy and a girl. there is a time and a place for everything. i dont agree with homosexuality, the sight of it physically disgusts me, but as long as all parties are willing then folks can do it. that doesnt make me a homophobe, that makes me a dude that dont like something but acknowledges other people's right to enact in that something, no matter what my thoughts are on it morally.

two chicks making out is hot though :guitar:

two chicks making out is hot though :guitar:

See, Ive never thought two chicks making out is hot, I mean im strait, and I seem to be the only one that thinks that, but honestly, Id rather meet a nice girl, and be with her, than focus on two women that i dont really care about, I guess its just the way I am, I dont really feel attracted to anybody till I get to know them. Its both a gift and a curse...

mmmm. yeah. Im not {censored}, and I dont care if other people are {censored}. Doesnt bother me one single bit. The only time it would bother me is if like one of my {censored} friends came on to me, it would obviously be a little weird considering im straight. But other than that, im coo with it.

Go have fun {censored} and straight people. Peace. <3

I don't have anything against {censored}, however, I do have a {censored} classmate who always tries to "hit on me". That pisses me off!
mmmm. yeah. Im not {censored}, and I dont care if other people are {censored}. Doesnt bother me one single bit. The only time it would bother me is if like one of my {censored} friends came on to me, it would obviously be a little weird considering im straight. But other than that, im coo with it.

maybe he's that sissy type that makes you feel uncomfortable for having him among your other friends :D

have you heard gaydar?

:)

• 3 months later...