[Poll] Are you homosexual?

bofors

[Poll] Are you homosexual?  

672 members have voted

1. 1. [Poll] Are you homosexual?

• Yes
    • No

370 posts in this topic

Good points. Though I dont agree with the greeks and "pedophillia".

Pedophilia is the desire to have sex with pre-pubescents. While I'm sure that happened in Greek society, that wasnt what the organized relations were about. It was a cheap and efficient way to educate sons. It worked, and they seemed to think it was a good idea. For the most part. Morality is highly subjective.

Which is one of the problems with religions, dictating morality as an absolute value.

Just as some people feel uncomfortable about homosexual PDA, some people are also disgusted by heterosexual PDA, and much more strongly to religious expressions. None of those dislikes gives anyone the right to forbid that the other people do, however.

If you're interested, The Last of The Wine, by Mary Renault takes place in Athens I recall, and the main character is in one of the aforementioned relationships. Mary Renault's always worth reading.

EDIT: I also think it's fairly rediculous. I think all parades should be banned. Starting the Christmas and Easter.

The Christmas and easter parades can go, I dont really care. Parades have never been a special part of my life, so Id support the disbanding of them all.

heres some information of "Pederasty" (I guess thats what they called it) in Ancient Greece.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty_in_ancient_Greece

After reading this entire topic... I've come to the conclusion that there are some amazingly ignorant, close-minded, and basically just plain obnoxious people on this forum. What a shame :(

yes, perhaps not a good example, considering you have been a member for just over week :)

:whistle:

Many people in America are homophobic because it is unusual, and because to straight people, even non-religious people, it is disgusting to see. I am straight, and I disagree with homosexuality, but I am no one to tell you what to do.

It has been found in the scientific community that there is a gene that increases a person's chance of being homosexual. If there is a gene that makes a person more likely to enjoy the taste of oranges better than apples, then it is almost the same thing. If you were born into a society that had never seen or heard of oranges, then you wouldn't know what it is like to taste an orange, and you wouldn't even have the desire to. If homosexuality were never introduced to society, then people that may have homosexual tendencies would likely never even think it as a possibility. My point is is that its society's problem to deal with.

And another thing, if you want to be {censored}, I can deal with it. But when you are flamboyantly {censored} and loud, you are simply trying to let everyone know, and thats not cool. Just be normal. Act like you did before you came out of the closet. Just because you are homosexual does not mean your voice has to sound different, or you have to act like a female.

all i have to say is "Meditation In A Toolshed" please just read it and this does not apply to religion or homosexuality but to everything in life.

here is a link to it, it will take you 5 minutes to read and it will change the way you talk about things, well at least it did for me.Meditation In A Toolshed

I can't see how people complain about lack of rights. Homosexuals aren't punished by the law in any degree. So, yes the marches are definitely unnecessary

not true

in our country, in almost every state, homosexuals cannot marry

they march so that they have legal rights to marry

yes, it sounds stupid, but thats america for u

I'm straight myself. And I do accept that people are {censored} and It doesn't bother me here.

• 1 month later...

From what I have heard, America is suprisingly tollerant compared to the UK. Come out publicly here and run - fast! I've got a {censored} friend in VA (where ever that is!) and i amazed how open he can be and also how many {censored} 'friends' he has. I only know one other {censored} in my year - statistically, there should be about 14. They say that 7% of the population in the UK is homosexual, though i am a little scepticall....