[Poll] Are you homosexual?  

672 members have voted

1. 1. [Poll] Are you homosexual?

• Yes
    • No

370 posts in this topic

Sorry, I'd actually prefer natural breasts.. I'm even kinda picky on those. :D

But some have natural breasts :D

LOL, maybe that's true, but I think it would be a little stressful trying to protect my bottom during "action". Why does that make me remember the character "Jeff" from Coupling? :D

What about the women in the world who are biologically male?

Does that refer to hermaphroditism?

Hey gwprod12... it doesn't define me, but yep... i'm a member of the family too.

Is the poll screwed up or is my math {censored}?

I voted and took the Yes vote to 27, and the No vote to 167. The poll says that's 13.92% Yes and 86 point whatever No.

But I make it 16.6% Yes... what am I or the Poll doing wrong? :D I had a late night last night so maybe that explains it. :P

The math is right, I just checked it.

McSkywalker: Hermaphroditism is rare. Intersexuality occurs in about .2% of live births, or 1 out of 500 births. Advanced intersexuality, where male babies have genitals that are so ambiguous they have to be converted into "female sex organs" accounts for about 1 out of 10,000 live births. In the united States alone, that's 30,000 women/girls walking around who are, in fact, male. (some dont know it)

Then, there are the those who have a genetic abnormality which causes them to grow up female (because during the sry state of fetal development, their ovaries dont turn into testes), even though they have male genes. Because they have ovaries, they develop in the same way as women do, so they can only be distinguished by a karyotype. That's about 1 out of every 2000 live births (conservative estimate). Or 150,000 genetic males with female bodies.

According to the DSM of 1994, One out of every 30,000 physical males in the united states gets a sex change operation. That's 10,000 People in the united states. This number is on the conservative side, however.

So, in the united states, there are roughly 200,000 women who are, in fact, genetically male. Most of them dont appear to be anything other than female.

Does that answer your question?

i'm not {censored}. my brother is ("sissy drama queen" type {censored}) i don't have a problem with people that are {censored}, i don't want to see it, but i'm against public displays of affection, period. straight or {censored}, i don't want to see it. keeping it in your bedroom means that no one gets to say anything to you about it

as far as {censored} vs. religion, i don't subscribe to that particular view. i think that just as there are corrupt people in religion today, there were corrupt people in religion back then, and those corrupt people added things into the doctrine in an attempt to keep the populace under their control

as far as being {censored} by choice vs. {censored} by birth... i have a {censored} brother, as i said... even when we were kids everyone suspected he was {censored}.. he didn't come out til he was 19, but no one was suprised when it happened.. it was like...

bro: "i'm {censored}"

everyone: "i know"

bro: "but i was in the closet"

everyone: "yea, and in the closet there's a picture of ___"

point is, even when he was a child, he was probably {censored}. that's probably why my dad and his family hated him so much. my dad used to beat on him when he was a child.. he had really bad acne, dad use to pop the zits with his dirty ass thumbs and pour alchohol and iodine on them... yea, my dad wasn't the nicest person. point being, i think people are born predisposed toward being {censored}, and then choose (subconciously) to be straight/{censored}/bi based on various psychological stimulus recieved during childhood

as far as the "kids need a mother and a father" argument.. i don't buy it for a second... i had both a mother and a father until i was 16, and i was seeing a shrink starting when i was 10. my family has been through all kinds of abuse at my father's hands, and we're still dealing with the mental aftermath 10 years after we left him. my mom still has nightmares where she dreams she's back on the farm and the last 10 years of freedom have just been a pleasant dream. my point is, in my experience, kids get MORE f***ed up if they have a mother and father raising them, becuz parents nowadays don't know a damn thing about raising kids. the common answer to mischevous kids is "beat the {censored} out of them" well, as a graduate of that school, i can tell you that it f***s kids up. it makes them hate their parents.. so, who's to say that a child wouldn't turn out BETTER if (s)he was raised by {censored} parents? i don't know a lot about {censored} society personally.. maybe someone that does can chime in?

i'm gonna end my rant here, i'm getting too personal

The math is right, I just checked it.

McSkywalker: Hermaphroditism is rare. Intersexuality occurs in about .2% of live births, or 1 out of 500 births. Advanced intersexuality, where male babies have genitals that are so ambiguous they have to be converted into "female sex organs" accounts for about 1 out of 10,000 live births. In the united States alone, that's 30,000 women/girls walking around who are, in fact, male. (some dont know it)

Then, there are the those who have a genetic abnormality which causes them to grow up female (because during the sry state of fetal development, their ovaries dont turn into testes), even though they have male genes. Because they have ovaries, they develop in the same way as women do, so they can only be distinguished by a karyotype. That's about 1 out of every 2000 live births (conservative estimate). Or 150,000 genetic males with female bodies.

According to the DSM of 1994, One out of every 30,000 physical males in the united states gets a sex change operation. That's 10,000 People in the united states. This number is on the conservative side, however.

So, in the united states, there are roughly 200,000 women who are, in fact, genetically male. Most of them dont appear to be anything other than female.

Does that answer your question?

I just wanted to make sure what you meant in your original question.

Do the chromosomes matter? or is it just the equipment?

Seriously, neither one is sufficient. For me, an attractive woman needs to be a "real" woman in every sense. Beauty, skin, shape, the look in the eye, behavior, etc. should belong together for me to be attracted to a woman. Even in natural born females that's not quite common.

In homosexuals, it is simply not possible for them to really look like a woman/be a real woman, therefore there's not a possibility for them to give the feeling of a real woman. I also realize that it's not a necessity for the people who are attracted to them. But it's really so much away from my path.

So... you're saying that if you married a woman, and years after that, you found out she has XY chromosomes, you'd what... get a divorce?

As I was saying before, there are quite a number of women who are physically female in every respect, but are genetically male. Usually not through post-puberty surgery, as testosterone alters male physiology to the point where it's hard to pass as female. However, a male who's gonads become ovaries instead of testes will develop as a physical female, just as a genetic female would. So, back to my question, an XY female is somehow unappealing from non-reproductive aspect? (XY females may or may not be fertile)

gwprod12:

I was talking about homosexuals, not physical women with XY chromosomes. Those aren't the same thing for me. Nevertheless, I would have to experience that situation (marriage) in order to be able to answer really accurately.

If it's all about chemistry and hormones, a female with XY chromosomes wouldn't give the feeling of an attractive woman in terms of my description above, also she wouldn't really feel herself a woman. Therefore no attraction for me, and no marriage.

But let's say that I've married with a woman born with XY chromosomes. That would mean she has my expectations from a woman, therefore no problem, why divorce? If she has the looks, the touch, the feeling and all, and also if she's born with it, there would be no point in saying "Oh, no, it's not you, it's your chromosomes, so good bye".

Fertility is really important to me to some extent, I would love to have children. But discovering that my wife was infertile and divorcing her just because of that doesn't sound to be fair at all, no matter what chromosomes she might have.

basically for me i think that homosexuality is pointless, go ahead and bash me, i am christian i dont believe in such a thing, even if i wasnt christian and didnt believe in creationism the whole {censored} thing wouldnt work. we didnt evolve by being {censored} so where did this whole thing come out of, may be biased but people arent born {censored}, they are internalized to believe it is ok and that nothing is wrong with it, sorry but when people take sex ed is there a place for a guy to put his {censored} in to somewhere in a guy, form a scientific standpoint it doesnt make sense, people are here to reproduce and the {censored} people arent doing any of that.

basically for me i think that homosexuality is pointless, go ahead and bash me, i am christian i dont believe in such a thing

I'm not christian, but it is pointless and meaningless to me, too. I mean, while there is such a beautiful creatue as woman, what's the point of it..

Yes, obviously since there's Christianity, Islam and Judaism are pointless. Same thing with white people. Obviously being asian is pointless, since white is obviously superior. Chocolate ice cream is better, so what's the point of having vanilla? We live on earth, so mars is pointless. I like blue, so yellow is pointless.

Listen to yourselves.

I'm not sure with myself, for now, I would say Bi.

But I am only 15 and I feel that because I have not had any sexual encounters, I can't decide.

Only recently have I accepted this - I used to hate myself, thinking I was {censored}, but now I realise I can accept myself, whoever I am. Anyway, I am too young to decide now (legally)

This is quite an interesting test

http://www.technostud.com/public/newsite/klein.html

It is based on the Kinsey Scale

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

I found knowing where I am on a scale, rather than doubting myself, helped me accept me for who I am

Anyway, that's my :whistle:

Yes, obviously since there's Christianity, Islam and Judaism are pointless. Same thing with white people. Obviously being asian is pointless, since white is obviously superior. Chocolate ice cream is better, so what's the point of having vanilla? We live on earth, so mars is pointless. I like blue, so yellow is pointless.

Listen to yourselves.

I would like to introduce Nietzsche's approach to nihilism at the point of "pointless". Reading about it would be helpful to understand my approach.

My words below are unrelated to nihilism, but good enough to express my thoughts.

About religion, what you say happens to be the actual way how it goes in real life. One's beliefs are pointless to the folower of another path. To put it better, choosing another religion is generally pointless to the follower of a specific faith - de facto in the real life.

You can't say "yellow is pointless" but you can easily think "painting your house yellow all over" would be pointless.

I'm not racist at all, it would not really be accurate for you to put words in my mouth about black, white or asian people. I would never say a race is superior to another because of skin color, but I can easily think for myself that it would be pointless to think about changing the color of my skin.

If it's all about choice, people always have the right to think one choice would be pointless for themselves. In this case, it's quite safe for me to say that homosexuality is pointless to me.

I listen to myself and I realise that sanity floods out of my ears. Ka-chaooo =P