bofors

[Poll] Are you homosexual?  

672 members have voted

1. 1. [Poll] Are you homosexual?

• Yes
    • No

370 posts in this topic

Pointless to me != Pointless.

Thus, if you want to make an equally pointless statement, you might say that "It'd be pointless for me to be {censored}, as I'm only attracted to girls".

However, when you say "Who could be {censored} when women are beautiful?" you're saying "Why buy strawberry icecream, when chocolate is good?" Thus, an equally foolish statement. Variety is the spice of life, otherwise Baskin and Robbins would have 1 flavor. And some people are allergic to chocolate/dont find women attractive.

Also, if all people were only attracted to women, then all women would be lesbians, and you'd be stuck with your hand or your buddy.

bla bla bla...

Also, if all people were only attracted to women, then all women would be lesbians, and you'd be stuck with your hand or your buddy.

Hysterical mode: on

It's not possible for women to be/remain lesbians if they see me just once. :P

Hysterical mode: off

Hystery chrisis

It'd be fun to watch them - the more {censored}, the better. :sorcerer:

Xanax taken, back to sanity :P

Seriously, I'm happy it doesn't go that way :)

When did I say women should be attracted to women? - not really a question, I never did :)

well, i know for certain i am not

im glad many of our members were honest (at least thats what i hope)

we can see from this poll that being {censored} isnt a bad thing, and it is actually quite common

13% is much higher than i expected

i hope no one lied on it, though, in either way (saying no instead of yes or yes instead of no)

i hope no one lied on it, though, in either way (saying no instead of yes or yes instead of no)

umm, isn't it lying either way?

Really though, I feel there should have been one for bisexuals as well, or even undecided. I don't feel it is completely black and white - {censored} or straight for everyone

Perhaps going off topic a bit here, but what does everyone think makes you {censored}? What classifies you as {censored}? What are the traits that define someone as {censored}?

I think digging someone of the same sex is what makes you {censored}. LOL.

9 out of every 10 people I know has had a same sex experience. Mostly in the teen years. 1) They stuck with it and went {censored} or bi, 2) They grew out of it, or 3) they felt pressured by social acceptability.

So, from that, I see the cause as being like anything. I've tried mushrooms before, and I must say that I detest them. Some people try mushrooms and really hate them, some people try mushrooms and are indifferent, and some people try mushrooms and cant get enough. How's that euphemism? LOL. But without encouraging anyone to do anything, how can you know you dont like mushrooms if you've never had one? or two? of different varieties... in different dishes, etc?

EDIT: Something else. One thing that any expert on human nature will tell you, is that people are extremely different, and the "normal human behavior" baseline only has about 10% of the spectrum even close to it. So, if you're high-heels, whips and chains, or covering yourself in whip-cream curious, you should go out and do it. Take Mama Cass's advice. And play safe.

9 out of every 10 people I know has had a same sex experience. Mostly in the teen years. 1) They stuck with it and went {censored} or bi, 2) They grew out of it, or 3) they felt pressured by social acceptability.

That's exactly how I feel. When I was 13, I did have a same sex experience with a close friend of mine, who I now hate for it. I now regret what I have done. But it has lead me to doubt myself, as I was drawn into a situation I didn't want to be in. Because I am unsure about myself, I also feel the pressure of fitting in with my friends, none of whom are openly {censored} - what they are is openly homophobic. If I ever did tell anyone how I feel and who I think I am, I would most likely be ridiculed.

Hopefully number 2. will apply to me

Ted Haggard was a big anti-{censored} evangelist who was one of the asses GW Bush licked.

At least until he was outed by his male prostitute friend as a "sodomite" and "meth-head".

OOps. But, that's what happens when you turn your desire to conform to a world of closet non-conformists ;-p

If everyone just said "I'm not going to pretend I'm normal anymore", the world would be a much better place.

If everyone just said "I'm not going to pretend I'm normal anymore", the world would be a much better place.

If only the world could be that way. Looking at statistics, I can tell that 3 out of 20 people in a class a school aren't straight. It would make things a lot easier if I knew who these people could possibly be. It's a shame how many people feel scared to 'come out'

Well, I suppose the world will never be perfect

i know, its just ridiculous

who cares whatever it says in the bible

wtf is wrong with being homosexual?

The bible is a heap of nonsense. It brings predudices to the world (so do most holy books).

All these terrorists that are blowing up people in the middle east claim to be religious and they are doing it for thier religion. In Ireland, most the violence was between 2 christianties.

I feel that the soon religion is got rid of, the world will be a happier place.

Fortunately, over here in the UK, very few teenagers have a religion. I am thankful for that!

The bible is a heap of nonsense. It brings predudices to the world (so do most holy books).

All these terrorists that are blowing up people in the middle east claim to be religious and they are doing it for thier religion. In Ireland, most the violence was between 2 christianties.

I feel that the soon religion is got rid of, the world will be a happier place.

Fortunately, over here in the UK, very few teenagers have a religion. I am thankful for that!

Religion is never as bad as people make it out to be! Religion has literally become a scapegoat for persecuted people to blame all their problems on! Believe me, the Bible abhors so many more prejudices than it appears to bring about. To blame all these prejudices on the Bible is simply stupid. Even stupider however, is to blame ALL of the world's problems, including wars upon religion. I've said this billions of times, but I'll say it again. What causes wars is the conflict of beliefs. If you want to have no wars, then you'll have to have nothing to believe strongly about. At that point, the world would be a sad and uninspiring place to live. Real happy...

My Church has a partnership with a church in England. It's truly sad that these teenagers and the people of the UK have such a negative view upon religion. Even sadder is that it's being progressed by misinformed opinions (with all due respect) such as your own.

Religion is never as bad as people make it out to be! Religion has literally become a scapegoat for persecuted people to blame all their problems on! Believe me, the Bible abhors so many more prejudices than it appears to bring about. To blame all these prejudices on the Bible is simply stupid. Even stupider however, is to blame ALL of the world's problems, including wars upon religion. I've said this billions of times, but I'll say it again. What causes wars is the conflict of beliefs. If you want to have no wars, then you'll have to have nothing to believe strongly about. At that point, the world would be a sad and uninspiring place to live. Real happy...

My Church has a partnership with a church in England. It's truly sad that these teenagers and the people of the UK have such a negative view upon religion. Even sadder is that it's being progressed by misinformed opinions (with all due respect) such as your own.

I know this is kind of turning into a Religious debate (again). But the reason these conflicts of beliefs are so extreme, is because a faith will never deny their Holy Book, as they believe it is the only truth. The fact is, no one can claim a 4000 year old book that has been translated several times to be entirely accurate.

Relgion has also held back science (Gallelieo etc...), but that's another matter.

With such a wide range of beliefs in the modern world, and the huge extent of science, the words of a 4000 year old book are meaningless.

I'm only using Christianity as an example, as I'm not to hot on my religion - in reality, I'm against all of them!

I find it fairly ridiculous that ANYONE has a parade dedicated to them. There has been some obnoxious points made by both sides, and it seems that even if someone has a hint of "intolerance" towards any minority, it suddenly becomes wrong. Many {censored} people have an intolerance towards straight people. It shows when it becomes argued this vigilantly. However, is this not wrong? Just because I am part of a majority group, doesnt mean intolerance towards me should be any more accepted than intolerance towards a minority group.

Im a straight, roman catholic, white male. I fall into the vast majority of people in the US. I am perfectly fine with people being {censored}. My mother is {censored}. It doesnt bother me, in fact I spend a large amount of time around her and her partner. Obviously, I think that one can assume that I am not a homophobe. I still dont particularly enjoy homosexual public displays of affection. In fact, heterosexual public displays of affection make me uncomfortable, to a lesser extent though.

An aside, for a second. A point was made about slavery, and it only related to Blacks. Slavery was a widespread convention, that was typically used to pay off debts, or keep prisoners busy. Slavery was never a race related thing until the triangle trade came along, and the cheapest slaves available were black tribesmen from Africa. Id assume it helped that they were highly physically fit, and well adapted to manual labor as well. The Jews were made slaves by the egyptians for fear that they would take over the empire. In Roman society, being a slave to a Roman citizen put you in a higher class than a non-Roman citizen. it also allowed you to work towards becoming a citizen.

Relating to ancient society again. Pedophilia was accepted, and encouraged in ancient Greece. They just used a different term for it. They referred to pedophiliacs as Mentors. Makes it sound alot more glamorous eh?

Not really pointing out any mis-information, just trying to provide background that hasnt been laid out yet.

Good points. Though I dont agree with the greeks and "pedophillia".

Pedophilia is the desire to have sex with pre-pubescents. While I'm sure that happened in Greek society, that wasnt what the organized relations were about. It was a cheap and efficient way to educate sons. It worked, and they seemed to think it was a good idea. For the most part. Morality is highly subjective.

Which is one of the problems with religions, dictating morality as an absolute value.

Just as some people feel uncomfortable about homosexual PDA, some people are also disgusted by heterosexual PDA, and much more strongly to religious expressions. None of those dislikes gives anyone the right to forbid that the other people do, however.

If you're interested, The Last of The Wine, by Mary Renault takes place in Athens I recall, and the main character is in one of the aforementioned relationships. Mary Renault's always worth reading.

EDIT: I also think it's fairly rediculous. I think all parades should be banned. Starting the Christmas and Easter.

Well, honestly, the parades are good for one reason, they broadcast that there are lots of {censored} people. It's harder to marginalize a group that is a good segment of the population. Which is why the closet is bad.