10.6.3 Released !

commissio

293 posts in this topic

got it. booted with the leopard disk, deleted the kext with terminal, restart and all is good now. (except no wakeup from sleep as expected)

Then my 2nd guess if you have windows or linux is use a drive reader utility so you can remove it that way.

I'm kind of having a problem getting the update to install.

The update didn't appear in Software Update, so I tried downloading the combo update. Whenever I try to install that, however, I can't even get past the destination select prompt; I just get the following as a subtitle when I select my OS X install drive:

"Mac OS X Update Combined can't be installed on this disk. An error occurred while evaluating JavaScript for the package"

I've tried repairing and verifying permissions, as well as re-downloading the update. I'm currently running 10.6.2 on AMD (Modbin kernel) with patched CPUIDs and pretty generic kexts (disabler, fakesmc, kxdriver/R1000, etc.); I did mess with fdisk recently, although I don't believe I made any actual changes. Other updates (such as Safari, iMovie, even 10.6.1/2) work through Software Update and I haven't encountered any problems installing other programs, so this is kind of an isolated case.

Any sort of help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Have a "still waiting for root device" stopper.

No idea why but time will tell me :D

I have my /Extra/Extensions kext for IOATAFamily and JMicronATA I think they not compatible with the new /System/Extension/system.kext I guess.

UPDATE 1

OkOk, now I've installed the latest myhack and it seems to work but only half, my QE is lost and the half of my HDs... I'm so happy to made an updated backup with ccc before doing painfull things like this. I'm not an expert, but I always find a solution... with a working system in the back.

I updated to 10.6.3, only deleted sleepenabler.kext. But now, my sound gone :D

I have an Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L with ALC662 sound. It worked on 10.6.2 with dsdt edit + alc662 "dummy"(only plist in it) kext. Now the OS see the sound card, but in sound options, there is not any device.

Pic:

screenshot20100330at914.th.jpg

Any idea for this? Maybe I need to edit something in the dummy kext? I don't know what to do...

(I tried to replace AppleHDA with 10.6.2 one, not worked)

EDIT: Ok, It's working now, i just deleted some things from the dsdt's audio section, and using 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext. :D

I noticed something strange after update, if I put the computer to sleep and wake it up using the USB mouse, it [the mouse] stops working. If I disconnect and connect it again it works fine. The same happens with USB keyboard.

Anybody else with this problem?

+1 with Acer 4320

Note: Using the integrated trackpad the problem is not present, this is strange ...

My little 945GCM-S2L went fine after updated to 10.6.3. Only one I had to fix was AppleHDA.kext. So, I patched AppleHDA binary and edited all needed info.plists for ALC662. Now I don't use my LegacyHDA.kext on this system.

Al good here.

- Removed Sleepenabler Kext & Downloaded v10.6.3

- Backed up 10.6.2 AppleHDA kext

- Performed update via Software Update (forgot to make a Time Machine backup first)

- Placed Sleepenabler v10.6.3 kext in Extra folder

- Backed up & the Removed AppleHDA v10/6/3 kext

- Placed AppleHDA v10.6.2 kext

- Ran Kext Utility (to repair Extensions and create mkexts in both S/L/E & Extra)

- Updated sig

- Done

Al good here.

- Performed update via Software Update (forgot to make a Time Machine backup first)

- Ran Kext Utility (to repair Extensions and create mkexts in both S/L/E & Extra)

- Updated sig

- Done

SAME.

Fully working here as before

pretty happy.

I installed the update last night:

Had to reinstall my old AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2

Had to add ATi 4850 device ID to to the ATI4800Controller.kext in S/L/E

Had to swap which port i was using on my ATi 4850, so the monitor is not plugged into the port furthest from the motherboard.

Now all is well.

Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz

Sapphire ATi 4850 512 mb

4Gb ram

Asus P5Q Deluxe

i messed up :) amd system phenom, got kernel panic on combo update installation (when moving files to places ) got panic, restarted and blank screen. ech,, just needed to finish installation and gonna install 10.6.2 kernel again.. damn

any happy amd users? tell your story step by step

For Atom users,

To make patched kernel(only 32bit),just run following two command

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x25\x00\x00\x0f\x00\xc1\xe8\x10\xa2|\x25\x00\x00\x0f\x00\x31\xc0\x90\xa2|g' /mach_kernel

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x25\xf0\x00\x00\x00\xc1\xe8\x04\xa2|\x25\xf0\x00\x00\x00\xb0\x0f\x90\xa2|g' /mach_kernel

Before patching, you should backup vanilla kernel.

Two questions:

1) What's the significance of those two hex strings? Are they the version numbers which trigger the kernel panic?

2) What if someone (okay, me) has been a bit hasty and applied the upgrade without doing any prep. work, and is sitting here looking at a kernel panic screen? Can it be fixed in situ or am I faced with reinstalling and paying a bit more attention next time? This machine I'm using to post this message has Windows, and my Samsung NC10 (with a dead OSX install) also has Windows, Ubuntu, and Solaris on it, if booting to an alternate OS on the same disk might help. I have a couple of USB sticks with me, but my optical media and USB DVD drive are both at home, not with me.

Everything working fine for me: 10.6.3

Components:

CPU: Intel Q6600 @3ghz

Motherboard: Asus Blitz Formula SE

RAM: 8GB Kingston DDR2 800

HDD: WD Raptor 150GB

GFX: Nvidia 9400GT 512MB

PSU: X-Power 500w

DVD/RW: Samsung 20x SATA DVD/RW

Soundcard: Asus SupremeFX II

Project: Gattaca

dsc00543i.jpg

Hi,

i've got a Kernel Panic at boot, impossible to remove sleepenabler with Terminal, impossible to boot with -x or -s....

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

forgot I was on the hackintosh and not the mac and accepted update without thinking - vanilla 10.6 with software updates from apple 10.6.1 and 10.6.2, P5Q Pro, Nvidia 9800GT, etc. Seems to boot fine (I can ssh into it) but blank screen. Any pointers?

Thanks!

UPDATE: just remembered - had 9800gt installed adding the string with osx86tools. Can't remember how I did it, but can it be reproduced somehow?

Hi

After 10.6.3 update, look like graphics enabler doesnt work anymore for my 8800 GT 1Go

I can boot in vesa mode, but with graphics enabler (chameleon rc4) or efi string : blank screen

any idea?

thanks!

Al good here.

- Updated sig

- Done

Can u tell me what "sig " is ?

I follow those step and update my snow sucessfully . But last step - Updated sigv- I didnt do .

Can u tell me what "sig " is ?

I follow those step and update my snow sucessfully . But last step - Updated sigv- I didnt do .

Mate, it's the bit at the bottom of your post which tells everyone what gear you are running. :D

see below :(

Open GL has taken a hit. At least with my geforce 7600 gt. Much slower performance.

P.S. Those having problems with audio. Get Applehda from this link. Worked for me.

Specs:

Gigabyte-X58A-UD7

Core i7 920

Inno3D 9800GT 1GB running DVI/HDMI (Was using 10.6.1 nvidia kexts as blank screen)

(All working fine in 10.6.2)

Updated using combo update and here are my experiences:

Booted into blank screen/no signal as I expected. So tried changing to 10.6.1 kexts again and then system kernel panics on black screen with mouse pointer. References something to do with WindowServer.

Have now restored to 10.6.2 and am awaiting help...or maybe I'll be forced to get another new gfx card :(

Anyone with a similar setup?