10.6.3 Released !

commissio

293 posts in this topic

Worked here perpekt using combo update.

I only removed sleepenabler (which is always kernel version dependend!).

No probs at all : Intel C2D, GA EP35, Audio 889A, LAN RTL8100, NV 8800GTX

What's this?

No surprise when you see update is about 400MB while combo is between 700-800MB because you can only upgrade from 10.6.2 to 10.6.3 with normal update 10.6.3, combo update 10.6.3 is bigger because it's for any version from 10.6 to 10.6.2

Remember there are 2 kinds of update: normal update and combo update from Apple

GeForce8xxxGLDriver.bundle got renamed to GeForceGLDriver.bundle and is called "NVIDIA GeForce Unified OpenGL Driver" now.

also, there are some interesting extension strings inside the binary, like:

GL_EXT_gpu_shader5

GL_EXT_gpu_shader_fp64

GL_NV_gpu_program5

+ some additional opengl 3 extensions

this seems like the beginning of fermi and/or opengl 4.0 support :D

sadly nothing of this is exposed by the opengl framework :/

update went fine for me, i don't use sleep enabler so... everything else, audio etc is all dsdt for me asus p5w dh deluxe here. just had to replace the applehda in s/l/e for my dsdt audio to work again, other than that, everything is a go.

Update ewnt fine but sound and airport stop working. I took the SleepEnabler kext out before updating. Reinstalled sound and airport compatible Broadcom 43xx.kext and everything went back to normal. Somethign else I noticed: it sleeps now even wothout Sleepenabler for 10.6.2.

Strange but I am OK with it.

I tested every program and they seem OK.

Hardware:

Asus P5K-Pro with original unmodded firmware.

Intel E8500

NVidia 9600GS

Broadcom 4311

No change in performance was noticed but my previous install Vanilla so it was kind of uneventful.

I noticed something strange after update, if I put the computer to sleep and wake it up using the USB mouse, it [the mouse] stops working. If I disconnect and connect it again it works fine. The same happens with USB keyboard.

Anybody else with this problem?

I made a backup with SuperDuper and rebooted into the drive and did the update.

Everything seam to work fine except my USB mouse is no longer working. Since I had no mouse I could not browse around so I rebooted back to my 10.6.2 drive.

Could there be USB problem with 10.6.3

Cheers

Hi everyone! :rolleyes:

I updated my snow to 10.6.3 :D

Gigabyte p55-us3l (f5 bios), 9600GT, i5-750, dlink dfe-520. Extra: nvenabler64, fakesmc, jmicronata, HDAenabler, realtek1000sl,viarhine. AsereBLN 1.1.9

Sleep, restart - works. Sound too - after putting back applehda to s/l/e.

After update, (sata) disk icons became orange, IDE shows as internal. Don't know why - i'm using edited by myself (maybe it's the problem :D) dsdt. What can i do with it?

i5 recognized as Quad-Core Intel Xeon. I thought it will be i5. ( i guess i should change cputype in smbios.plist

Sound: Sound works + works internal spdif )))) Sound via hdmi )) nice bonus)) HDMI sound didn' work with 10.6.2 ))

Does anyone know how to get work dlink dfe-520 (Ethernet) in 64bit mode? i works ONLY in 32 mode. It's the only thing that doesn't support 64 ((((( i'm using viarhine.kext from kexts.com. "About" shows 32bit only. I need 64bit kext.....

sry 4 english :D

I noticed something strange after update, if I put the computer to sleep and wake it up using the USB mouse, it [the mouse] stops working. If I disconnect and connect it again it works fine. The same happens with USB keyboard.

Anybody else with this problem?

Yes, me :D They work normal, but sometimes keyboard drop dead )) I need to reconnect it. I had this issue in 10.6.2.... Here, this happening after "sleep". Mouse is fine... Mouse is logitech and keyboard is mediateck...........

Seems to do something to OpenGL performance, my old Xbench OpenGL score using 10.6.2:

OpenGL Graphics Test 133.64

Spinning Squares 133.64 169.53 frames/sec

Now with 10.6.3:

OpenGL Graphics Test 234.76

Spinning Squares 234.76 297.80 frames/sec

I'll post here too just in case someone can help:

Gah. I'm getting a kernel panic.

Q6600

EP45-DS3L

7900GS

I was running 10.6.1 with dsdt.aml and some kexts in /E/E (can give you a list if required), and everything was fine. I removed sleepenabler.kext, and did a combo update to 10.6.3. The install seemed to go fine, but upon reboot I just get a blue screen.

I booted with -v -f and am getting a kernel panic which seems to relate to AppleHDA.

Suggestions?

List of kexts in /E/E:

AppleIntelPIIXATA

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

JMicronATA

LegacyHDA

NullCPUPowerManagement

OpenHaltRestart

PlatformUUID

RealtekR1000

fakesmc

During boot I notice some messages about JMicron and Realtek saying they failed to load, but the boot up proceeds along until it gets to AppleHDA. There are some messages about something failing in AppleHDA something .cpp at line <whatever> and then I get the KP.