10.6.3 Released !

commissio

293 posts in this topic

hi.after installing 10.6.3, only my audio didnt work.i have intel hd audio controller(8086:284b 82801H-ICH8 family) on my acer5920G laptop.what must i do.please heeeeeelppppp

Edit:i installed voodoohda.kext but i got low sound.i dont want low sound.any suggestions :rolleyes:(

+1 with Acer 4320

Note: Using the integrated trackpad the problem is not present, this is strange ...

Fixed with this:

This is because the new IOUSBHIDDriver. I have the same problem. If i withdraw from sleep the mouse, the mouse does not work. If the keyboard - the keyboard does not work. After replugging it all is fine. Other USB devices are working properly. If you return the old IOUSBHIDDriver, then everything works well, ...

Acer 4320 (Core 2 Duo) working almost 100% now with 10.6.3.

I've got a vanilla install on a Gigabyte X58-UD5 and I updated to 10.6.3 via the combo update.

I'm having problems with the memory controller in the BIOS. If I set the memory speed to anything other than 'Auto' SL give the 'Please Turn Off the Computer' error after trying to load. The problem is that the memory speed defaults to 1079MHz. I'm using 1600 memory. If I set everything to 'Auto' in the Bios then SL loads okay.

Any ideas what the issue may be?

Could you be a nice chap and show me which one of all the threads about Giga DSDT you are refering too.

Thank you

Cheers

I don't usually do nice but you've got to try everything once !

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=192518

Don't ask which post# you'll just have to route though the thread!

D

Who can I believe ? :(

the choice is yours ..... :)

I wan to report back that the upgrade works with this board

1. Make sure that you have 2 back up copies of your system, by Time Machine and by Carbon Clone Copy (optional)

2. Save up your Extra folder just in case

3. Delete Sleepenable.kext

4. Download 10.6.3 update combo

5. Install

6. Reboot

7. Save your AppleHDA 10.6.3 version

8. Replace the fixed AppleHDA

9. Repair Disk Permission by Disk Utility or by Kext Utility

10. Reboot and check see if sounds works, should work

11. Drop the new 10.6.3 SleepEnabler kext in to E/E foldr

12. Repier permission again with Kext Utility

13. Reboot in verbose mode just in case

GA-P35-DS3L

Speedstep (DSDT)

GeForce 9400 GT (DSDT)

SATA ,USB, ... (DSDT)

FakeSMC, OSXRestart, VoodooHDA (Extra)

Updated without any problems

B) is it safe? , im doing the 745mb update now :S

Can't get past startup without a kernel panic. Updated from 10.6 with Software Update. I just built my hack this weekend so I'm a newbie.

EP43-UD3l

E3200

Asus 8400 GS

10.6 Installed via "3rr0rists method" with OSx86 tools and efi studio. (1st try)

(2nd try) Reinstalled 10.6 via the above method and tried update immediately after Vanilla install and got the same result. Any ideas?

I hope you believe me now :(

http://img145.imageshack.us/i/img3c.png/

Display Property using DVI

http://img526.imageshack.us/i/img2g.png/

Display Property using HDMI

http://img339.imageshack.us/i/img1b.png/

Quick update to those of you having issues with HDMI. On my system using an LG L246WP there is a known issue with that display and it's EDID being corrupt or incorrect. That results in problems with the display on some graphics cards/drivers using the HDMI input (which is the only digital option on that display / no DVI).

Using the 9800 GT I was unable to boot to anything other than a blank screen. I later put in a GTX 275 and that allowed me to boot into the OS with the display partially working. The display was actually shifted up and to the left with part of the screen cut off. There is a fix for this issue in Windows by injecting the EDID into the registry of the Nvidia drivers how-ever I have been unable to find a similar fix for OSX.

My resolution was to go out and buy a 30" Cinema Display. It works beautifully and I am now free of this nightmare :)

On a serious note, I hope someone can find a fix because its going to be a problem for a lot of HDMI displays.

That explains why some of my HDMI monitors where stuck in 1080p whereas they had a 1920x1200 native resolution. And some displays didn't have this problem.

Now I understand better, but I'm too inexperienced to find a solution. No idea of how to inject EDID informations on OSX drivers...

And I'm pretty sure it won't solve the black screen bug with 10.6.3.

PS. I just ordered a MSI GTX260+

We will see if I can get rid of the bug with this card...

I patched 10.6.3 AppleHDA by following a guide by tmongkol, here

Now, with both LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext and LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext inside /extra/extensions, sound is restored and I am pretty sure the sound quality is a bit better! :)

I made a backup with SuperDuper and rebooted into the drive and did the update.

Everything seam to work fine except my USB mouse is no longer working. Since I had no mouse I could not browse around so I rebooted back to my 10.6.2 drive.

Could there be USB problem with 10.6.3

Cheers

Looks like my USB keyboard diconnects it's self when waking from sleep. which is really odd as hitting any key or moving my usb mouse connected to USB hub on the keyboard ... wakes the machine up.

I've tried the EHC1 DSDT fix from a p45 GB board and it makes no difference !!

EDIT .... Fix here post No. 17 .... Many thanks again oldnaplam

D

No problems, here, with the laptop in my signature. Just removed the sleepEnabler from my Extra/Extensions folder, dragged said Extensions folder onto kextutility to repair its permissions. Installed via Software update. So far no problems but early days yet. Not happy about idle temperature as measured by Temperature Monitor but they were high with 10.6.2, also, and Snow in general.

Edit:- just tried Dashboard and... GMA X3100 now not happy in 64bit.

Edit 2: No joy in 64bit, for now. Prefer to stay with 10.6.3 kexts than replace with gma x3100 kexts from 10.6.2, so have I have added arch=x86_32 to my boot.plist in Extra/Extensions (you put it between the two strings under the Kernel Flags line). Working fine in 32bit. Bootup was slow-er, need to -v and see what's going on.

Edit 3: When tapping a key to bring the laptop out of screensaver mode (sometimes I am plugged into a CRT monitor) the mouse no longer works - plugging in a USB mouse works, so at least I don't have the reported USB problems.

No sound but everything else working - Gigabyte X58UD3R rev 1.0 - i7 920 - Nvidia 9500GT installed with kakewalk originally.

* Update * - The modified kext for the 888 fixed the sound. Looks like I'm all good.

Can you send me a link to your alc888 fix? I've tried at least 3 methods with no results. I keep getting something in the system profiler and the audio shows in the menu bar at the top but nothing in system prefs.

dp

I have an ECS G31T-M9 motherboard with a 2.4 GHz Intel Centrino Duo processor.

I have 10.6.2 vanilla install, which was upgraded (with no modifications) from 10.6.1, and seemed to work fine. I just want to make sure my update will work alright.

Using the 9800 GT I was unable to boot to anything other than a blank screen.

No problems here, using DSDT video injection.

It's because he uses an HDMI monitor and you don't.

Hello, I've updated successfully to 10.6.3, everything working perfect except one little problem that I cannot save my background after shutdown. I mean when i shut down my machine, after a while i turn it on. the background automatically change into the default Aurora one and i've to load my background manually again. I've never seen this issue in 10.6.2.