10.6.3 Released !

commissio

293 posts in this topic

Made the rookie mistake and ran the update before checking in here -> kernel panic on boot ;) After removing SleepEnabler.kext, my machine will happily boot but kernel panic a little while later.

Here is what I have in my E/E folder:

• AHCIPortInjector.kext
  • ALC889a.kext
  • ATAPortInjector.kext
  • IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
  • JMicronATA.kext
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • OpenHaltRestart.kext
  • PlatformUUID.kext
  • fakesmc.kext

Seems as if the KP only happens when I log in... have it sitting at login screen now for a while longer and it's still up.

Anyone have any pointers?

This is on a GA-EP45-DS3R as per my sig (left here for SEO ;) )

UPDATE: All is well after running KextUtility to fix permissions and rebuild caches. FWIW, I had removed the old SleepEnabler.kext from /E/E using an Ubuntu live CD, 'cuz that's what I had handy. To mount the HFS+ partition, I used

mount -t hfsplus -w -o force /dev/sda2 /mnt
rm /mnt/Extras/Extensions/SleepEnabler.kext
rm /mnt/Extras/Extensions.mkext
umount /mnt
reboot

After adding the new SleepEnabler.kext and running KextUtility.app, sleep now seems to work, albeit I cannot wake the machine with any USB devices. Using the power button works though and all USB devices re-connect without issues.

Installed 10.6.3 (removed SleepEnabler, update, reboot, install new SleepEnabler, install 10.6.2 AppleHDA for audio)... all is good except the machine will not sleep now (the whole machine).. was working with 10.6.2 (File->Sleep)

Display will sleep and HD will sleep, that works ok.. just not the machine itself.

G31M-E2SL mobo

Sleep was working under 10.6.2 with no additional scripts needed (other than Sleep Enabler)

EDIT: Ok, I'm just stupid... I accidentally copied SleepEnabler to Extra.. not Extra/Extensions.. all is good now!

If anyone's having issues with 10.6.3- check out the solutions on my blog- I'll be keeping them updated as new workarounds become available.

Also, the new [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] guide for 10.6.3 will be out very soon- will work for any Intel processor. :angel:

P5E x38 /Q6600/Vanilla

Removed from E/E/ SleepEnabler.kext & IONetworkingFamily.kext

Ran combo 1063 update

Restarted ... place new SleepEnabler.kext in E/E

Copy new from S/L/E to E/E IONetworkingFamily.kext - edit info.plist:

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>

<string>Root</string>

Restarted, no sign of any problems.

Boot seems faster, shut down is much faster & sleep works.

I found one annoying problem, since update i have a black video image with skype, nevertheless i tested with Photo booth and my camera still works. Anyone else has this problem? My cam is acer crystal-eye.

Me 2. I updated to 10.6.3 also and I have a black video image with Skype. Previously, it was ok but now it does not work anymore. Photobooth is working using my camera, Microsoft Lifecam VX-700. I have another harddisk with Leopard and the skype with my microsoft lifecam works. Not sure what caused the blackout on the camera in SL update. Any idea?

Hello all,

made repair permission on my SnowLeo partition (Acer 5220), installed 10.6.3 update (not the Combo)

from the already downloaded dmg but after restart I got error in Chameleon:

Hibernate header read size

Incorrect image signature

Before I saw that I need to use ForceWake=y option - I have tried but did not help.

Going to google for possible solution.

Regards,

bozon42

Note:Tried again with ForceWake=y option and got chameleon error: header read size 200

Note2:in Leo deleted /Volumes/SnowLeo/var/vm/sleepimage and set:sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 but did not help

Note3: tried to delete /S/L/Extension.mkext but no help

Note4: whan i use 10.2.0 mach_kernel I saved it comes up

Can somebody give me a hint?

kind regards,

bozon42

ps: in 10.6.2 sleep, restart, poweroff did not work

ps2:tried again Hactrix2006 method (Hacktrix2006 #659 X3100.zip

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...1784&st=640

) but did not help.

post-167388-1270397025_thumb.jpg

I updated to 10.6.3, only deleted sleepenabler.kext. But now, my sound gone :)

I have an Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L with ALC662 sound. It worked on 10.6.2 with dsdt edit + alc662 "dummy"(only plist in it) kext. Now the OS see the sound card, but in sound options, there is not any device.

Pic:

screenshot20100330at914.th.jpg

Any idea for this? Maybe I need to edit something in the dummy kext? I don't know what to do...

(I tried to replace AppleHDA with 10.6.2 one, not worked)

EDIT: Ok, It's working now, i just deleted some things from the dsdt's audio section, and using 10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext. :wacko:

Hi

can you tell us what did you delete from dsdt??? Do you still use alc662.kext????

the same motherboard here... worked with 10.6.2 (dsdt+alc662.kext+original applehda.kext)

thanks for any help

I'm currently using modified IOATAFamily.kext and AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext files on 10.6.2 to get around the lack of AHCI support on my P5K vanilla, and I've read that 10.6.3 will break that support. Does anyone know if any way to work around this problem has yet been discovered? I'd really hate to get stuck in another "Waiting for Boot Device..." or KP hell-cycle!

I updated to 10.6.3 :

- i have NO USB problems. Wake/Sleep works too. No Devices are missing after wake. I don't have to replug anything.

- SATA Hotplug does NOT work with ICH10 (someone assumed it would work now)

I am using a DSDT with mm67's EHCI fixes.

Hello all,

legacy_kernel-10.3.0.pkg.zip pack helped me to get 10.3.0 kernel - thanks for the creator of this pack.

10.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.3.0: Fri Apr 2 13:26:19 EDT 2010; annappirtrvh v3 :xnu-1504.3.12/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

The first problem I found is that I cannot boot into Leo disk0s2.

Regards,

bozon42

PS: rewritten /Volumes/SnowLeo/legacy_kernel -->mach_kernel

in :

/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration//com.apple.Boot.plist

rewritten:

legacy_kernel -->mach_kernel

and OK!!!

p2: Leo -v -f arch=i386 cpus=1

p3: SnowLeo -v -f

Regards,

bozon42

I just installed my MSI GTX 260 (Twin Frozr OC version)

it works great with a simple EFI string in com.apple.boot.plist.

No more black screen with HDMI monitors :unsure:

Great performances, QE/CI and everything working.

The HDMI gamma bug remains (must be a real OSX bug) : the gamma setting is not saved when you calibrate an HDMI monitor. But I can live with it !

I just installed my MSI GTX 260 (Twin Frozr OC version)

it works great with a simple EFI string in com.apple.boot.plist.

No more black screen with HDMI monitors :unsure:

Great performances, QE/CI and everything working.

The HDMI gamma bug remains (must be a real OSX bug) : the gamma setting is not saved when you calibrate an HDMI monitor. But I can live with it !

Glad to see it's working for you mate .. I had to move a couple of HDD's around to fit the bloody thing in ...

I don't have the same Gamma problem you talk about .... I've calibrated my HDMI 36" LG LCD and the settings stick ??

D.

The 10.6.3 update has been running great. However the only issue that's shown up since is that when I run the mouse over icon's or when some windows have focus, there is a fuzzy/hazy sound from somewhere in the computer. I've verified that this mystery sound doesn't occur in Win7, its not the motherboard speaker (I've removed it), its not the hard drive spinning. It sounds like its coming from the video card (an EVGA 9800 GTX+). Is there something I'm missing or a tweak to the system I should be doing?

Thanks.

I don't have the same Gamma problem you talk about .... I've calibrated my HDMI 36" LG LCD and the settings stick ??

Do this test :

Open System Preferences, Monitors, Colors. Click on Calibrate, Expert Mode

Click OK, OK, OK, without touching anything until you get the Gamma setting.

Switch gamma to minimum. Colors should be all washed out and in white tones.

Click OK to validate your profile.

Bam : the gamma switches back to 2.2, with colors vivid and strong.

This is an annoying bug since 10.5.6, but most won't notice it because they simply use the default gamma.

Do this test :

Open System Preferences, Monitors, Colors. Click on Calibrate, Expert Mode

Click OK, OK, OK, without touching anything until you get the Gamma setting.

Switch gamma to minimum. Colors should be all washed out and in white tones.

Click OK to validate your profile.

Bam : the gamma switches back to 2.2, with colors vivid and strong.

This is an annoying bug since 10.5.6, but most won't notice it because they simply use the default gamma.

Just tried this and it is defiantly saving and sticking with the 1.0 Gamma setting.

Trust me I'm very particular about my monitor setup and they are as close to spot on as I can get.

I'm sure you are too but FYI - I'm using the yellow DVI port (the one with HDMI audio support.) for my HDMI mon ..

D.

Initially I updated and trashed my installation - jumped in too soon without finding out what to change!

Now i've updated to 10.6.3 and have had USB2.0 issues, Audio issues, and still waiting for 64 bit hacked kernel.

Just tried this and it is defiantly saving and sticking with the 1.0 Gamma setting.

Trust me I'm very particular about my monitor setup and they are as close to spot on as I can get.

I'm sure you are too but FYI - I'm using the yellow DVI port (the one with HDMI audio support.) for my HDMI mon ..

Hmm... you surprise me.

- It's not user related (the bug is present with all users, including the guest account)

- It's not system related (I re-installed Snow Leopard many times from fresh formatting)

- It's not GPU related (the bug is here with both my 8800GT and GTX260)

- It's not monitor related (the bug remains with a F2380M (DVI), a B2304WS (HDMI), and my HDMI TV (37XV555DG).

So... I can't diagnosticate from where it comes. ;)