The Ultimate Web Browser

Swad

461 posts in this topic

It doesn't work on Hackingtosh...

It can with PopWire WMV component, It's free as a player plug-in, but costs money to export to other formats.

I own a license, and it's awesome.

Flip-4-Mac is nice as a free player for PPC Macs, but since it doesn't work on my MBP it's useless for the time being.

It can with PopWire WMV component, It's free as a player plug-in, but costs money to export to other formats.

I own a license, and it's awesome.

Flip-4-Mac is nice as a free player for PPC Macs, but since it doesn't work on my MBP it's useless for the time being.

So you are saying that at least you can watch the videos from, for example, yahoo?

Here try to watch any video.
ERROR

We regret that Yahoo! Music videos are not currently supported for Macintosh. We are exploring ways to offer video on additional platforms, and hope you'll check back as we make enhancements to the service.

For more information on Yahoo! Music Video system requirements, visit to the Music Video section of Yahoo! Music Help.

Please use the following error code when writing to Yahoo! Help. (Error Code: 4)

Sounds like NO player on a Mac will work with those.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest
but firefox has one drawback and so far IE is the only browser that does this right:

tabbing through html forms that contain select and checkbox/radiobutton elements only works properly in IE. Firefox, Safari both skip over dropdowns and checkboxes. Try logging into gmail and tab to the "remember me" checkbox. only works in IE. try entering your address with a province/state dropdown and a country dropdown. only works in IE. You have to manually click on the item in the other browsers.

Dude, IE is the only one which is _not_ working correctly. Open "System Preferences" > "Keyboard and Mouse" > "Keyboard Shortcuts" and select "All controls" down the bottom. No, I don't know why OS X has the dumb option selected by default ;)

Hey, is there a way to "retrieve" the temporary files in Firefox? By retreive I mean, for example, when you go to a ringtone website and listen to the sample, where is that file stored? (Yeah, I know, but it's free...lol).

Stunning results - Safari definitely looks better, there is a huge difference:

Browser screenshot Firefox:

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/7831/firefoxnb2.jpg

Screenshot result Safari:

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4973/safarico2.jpg

What do you say... I can't help myself, but the image quality in Safari is superb.

GOod one xtraa.. I agree

I can't live with netscape browsers. All these freakin plugins issues.

Safari makes life mmm better

Stunning results - Safari definitely looks better, there is a huge difference:

Browser screenshot Firefox:

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/7831/firefoxnb2.jpg

Screenshot result Safari:

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4973/safarico2.jpg

What do you say... I can't help myself, but the image quality in Safari is superb.

What's sweet match! :thumbsdown_anim:

Windows: only thing I ever use is Firefox

OSX: Mostly Safari, it seems to work faster on my computer than any of the other browsers that I've tried. I also use Firefox on site that I know Safari won't display correctly. Occasionaly I'll try Shiira and Opera (just to see if they've done anything to make me want to swicth. I tried Camino once, but I'll never use it again. It was like a confused Firefox. It wouldn't load anything that Firefox wouldn't, but it had a crappy theme. At least you can fix the one in Firefox using a theme

Windows: On the rare occaison, Firefox.

Mac: Firefox and Safari. I only use safari sometimes, but it goes back and forth quite a bit. With firefox I love the customizability and the features, in safari, it's clean and simple.

On Windows and OSX I use Firefox (with iFox Smooth theme) for my main account and Flock for my secondary accounts. Never liked Opera, IE sucks (specially the last one, 7) and Safari is good for RSS, but not for browsing. Maybe next version?

Right now I'm using Camino with CamiTools. It's really nice. However, Safari is my favorite browser for OSX. The only reason I'm not using Safari is because it is messed up on this installation. When I reinstall I should be back to using Safari with Saft.

As far as Windows XP, Opera wins hands down.

I used Safari for a couple years without any large issues. It's a solid browser.

Now that I'm a full-time web developer, though, Firefox is absolutely indispensible. The extensions are by far Firefox's greatest strength and I rely heavily on many of them. Running Firefox on a MacBook Pro has proved much more tolerable -- it's significantly faster.

Of course I don't want to use different browsers with different sets of prefs/bookmarks/etc. at home and work, so I use Firefox everywhere now. It has a few very minor bugs and annoyances that I am more than willing to put up with for its excellent platform.

I do development testing in WebKit, Opera, and IE 6+7 as well.