[HowTo] X1600/X1800 Full Support (Borisbadenov Method)

munky

710 posts in this topic

hummmmmmmmmm weird...

i dont see why? ...

r u using 10.4.8 KERNEL?

Can I check?

I tried installing JaS's latest DVD, and while installing it hangs at "Installing Oxford Dictionary", then asks me to restart the install. I just restart the computer, and OSX loads.

Furthermore, the FSB= option isn't working. I have suspicions that the 10.4.8 kernel isn't loading

Can someone running the new kernel and having a logitech USB headset see if they get any crackle (using Skype, for example)? I get this crackle with my Gigabyte x1600 PRO, but don't get it with onboard GMA950. I'm using the drivers from the 3.5 install package.

Thanks,

/blkblt

Is it possible to use DVI on a X1900xt Card with this Installer?

DVI doesn't work. Have to use DVI -> VGA connector. However X1900XT works very well for everything (res change, QE, CI) except Sleep.

What are the changes in the the v3.5 installer?

Thanks,

G

if ur running JAS 10.4.8 DVD then the kernel is working eheh

hum then i dont know try reinstall the regular 3.5 pkg ! in safe mode

ok, I've tried mifki and semthex kernels, same result, a blue screen if I boot normally, and hanging on mDNSResponder if I boot verbose

also tried 3.2 and 3.5

Does the NeoPheus 3.5 installer work only on 10.4.8 -native 8.8.1 kernal- (newest hack) or will it work with my AMD setup (which is 10.4.7)? I have dl'd the 10.4.8 udate from a usual place, and I'll update to that if need be... I am having trouble only with the ripple effect of my 3.2 installed setup. I'd try the 3.5 (if it looks promising) and if no love on that, I'll move to do a manual edit on a full reinstall.

Anybody else with Sapphire x1600xt 256mb with any advice I'd be happy to hear it...I've tried sorting through all the posts and there is a LOT of information here.

Thanks,

joneSi

Does the NeoPheus 3.5 installer work only on 10.4.8 -native 8.8.1 kernal- (newest hack) or will it work with my AMD setup (which is 10.4.7)? I have dl'd the 10.4.8 udate from a usual place, and I'll update to that if need be... I am having trouble only with the ripple effect of my 3.2 installed setup. I'd try the 3.5 (if it looks promising) and if no love on that, I'll move to do a manual edit on a full reinstall.

Anybody else with Sapphire x1600xt 256mb with any advice I'd be happy to hear it...I've tried sorting through all the posts and there is a LOT of information here.

Thanks,

joneSi

Sorry, but it only works with a full 10.4.8 install (8.8.1 Kernel)!

Thanks NeoPheus...

Ok, so I went back through and checked out what -should- have been changed in the kext files based on my Dev ID and Rev ID and it wasn't changed/right. IDK if it was the patch or the 'user' :( (me) so I figured I'd try some other options... So I did it manually and it still didn't work. So I formatted and went for the 10.4.5/6 reinstall. Only trouble was that it was giving me really 'squirrely' results and not booting (failing at the login window...even with safemode). It was a boot DVD with Semjaza (JaS?) 10.4.5/6...it worked before so I think I just made a siple mistake on package selection...

I'm dl'g 10.4.7 right now and I'll give it a go. That may solve my troubles. Any thoughts are welcome.

joneSi

Thanks NeoPheus...

Ok, so I went back through and checked out what -should- have been changed in the kext files based on my Dev ID and Rev ID and it wasn't changed/right. IDK if it was the patch or the 'user' :( (me) so I figured I'd try some other options... So I did it manually and it still didn't work. So I formatted and went for the 10.4.5/6 reinstall. Only trouble was that it was giving me really 'squirrely' results and not booting (failing at the login window...even with safemode). It was a boot DVD with Semjaza (JaS?) 10.4.5/6...it worked before so I think I just made a siple mistake on package selection...

I'm dl'g 10.4.7 right now and I'll give it a go. That may solve my troubles. Any thoughts are welcome.

joneSi

I'm failing at logon window as well, with 10.4.8 kernel and 3.5...what is the usual cause of this sort of error?

I'm failing at logon window as well, with 10.4.8 kernel and 3.5...what is the usual cause of this sort of error?

Well, I'm not sure what the 'normal' cause is, but I know that our issues are likely -not- related. I'm using a 10.4.5/6 disc with the 10.4.4 kernel and you are using the latest and greatest (10.4.8 w/ 8.8.1 kern). I will keep everyone posted as to my progess.

If anybody thinks that using older (or newer) kexts let me know. Again, I'm open to any suggestions (like versions/releases that I should DL and try).

Thanks all...

joneSi

Hi guys,

cyclonefr afeter install a new 1048 dvd and a neopheus instaler 3.5 i dont have more monitor change resolution. and have display tearing

atidrv dont load.

how i corrige this ploblem?

in teh 3.5 pkg use personal install u'll see a agp fix :D

yes i used a personal instal and select agpfix

During the 3.5 install, select customize and tick the AGP package.

yes i doit

hummmmmmmmmm weird...

i dont see why? ...

r u using 10.4.8 KERNEL?

yes, i install a fresh 1048 for jas dvd

any ideia for me

thanks

Well, I'm 90% working. I have a sapphire x1600xt with 0x71c0 dev ID. Either the Boris method manually or the installer gets screwed up...and while it says that I have core image suppoted, it stutters on the 'ripple' effect on the dashboard.

Also, if I go through and check the kexts that the installer makes changes to, its not the same as what they should be if I go through and manually do this.

If there is any way that I can help out by posting or sending what I have to someone (NeoPheus?) to show what the changes are, I'd be happy to help. Otherwise I may be needing a new bios flash or I'll simply live with it.

joneSi

Any x1300 working cases?

Will try tomorow on my x1600XT (71C2)

IDK about the x1300, but I don't think so.

I'm starting to think this has less to do with the card and more to do with some other factors...ie version of software downloaded...

joneSi

what did change exactly with patch 3.4 to 3.5?

i have a fully working 10.4.8.-kernel X1600 PCI system (3.4) now. any speed improvements for pci-users when updating to 3.5?

Whats exactly changed:

It uses the ALL the drivers from 10.4.8...

I think the performance is better than with the old kexts!

You meant "PCIe", didn't you?

Hi,

I've got a Sapphire X1600Pro 256MB, I installed 10.4.8(mikfi kernel), and used the 3.5 Neophus package. I am able to change resolutions but the video is very choppy with lots of artifacting no matter what resolution I choose. Can I still get the 3.4 package I'd like to try it assuming it has the older kexts.