[HowTo] X1600/X1800 Full Support (Borisbadenov Method)

munky

710 posts in this topic

Thanks Cyclonefr !!!!! :gathering: you solved my problems with the games and artefacts :D

"X1600 AGP fix" by CycloneFr

[ root ] by skr3dii @ 29.10.2006 21:28 CET

Just received this tutorial from CycloneFr, check it out:

Okay guys, Neophus and I were working for months on the famous

Borisbadenov hack, and as we said latest .8 drivers were kernel

dependant. You may have seen Neo posted a 3.4 package for PCIE users

which is working fine (said to). The problem is Apple

(intentionally?) avoid us to use ATINDRV without PCIE support. Before

it was working as PCI, but the new IONDRVSupport.kext seems to force

PCIE mode. All of this to post an AGP fix for X1600 users.

Grab ATINDRV .5.kext (included in Neo 3.2 pkg) else u'll still get

the artefacts under games (latest ATINDRV overclock the card)

Grab IONDRVSupport .5 or .7 as you want (included in the combo .7)

Run in Terminal:

sudo -s

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/ATINDRV.kext

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext

cp -R (drag and drop ATINDRV.kext and remove the / at the end) /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R (drag and drop IONDRVSupport.kext and remove the / at the end) /System/Library/Extensions/

reboot

Something new about X1600XT?

Ahm, your X1600XT is AGP! This is your problem!

The version 3.5 of the X1x00 installer is up now! Please do some testing, AGP-users. :)

cYa NeoPheus

I just used the awesome 3.5 installer, and have my new Gigabyte X1600 PRO working perfectly now. I just ran xbench, and I'm surprised how low my benchmarks are (especially compared with aberracus above).

Do these results seem slow on a 3.2GHZ P4 machine?

Results 142.56

System Info

Xbench Version 1.3

System Version 10.4.8 (8L2127)

Physical RAM 2048 MB

Model ACPI

Drive Type Maxtor 7Y250M0

Quartz Graphics Test 120.01

Line 116.36 7.75 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 119.64 35.72 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 117.76 9.60 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 112.79 2.84 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 135.98 8.51 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 124.51

Spinning Squares 124.51 157.95 frames/sec

User Interface Test 213.71

Elements 213.71 980.82 refresh/sec

NeoPheus - If I want to modd the files (for the new 10.4.8 with the new kernel) where (in what kext) I have to do the necessary mods ?

Just install version 3.5 of the installer! This is optimized for the new kernel! :dance_24:

I tested now the 3.5 installer on my myzar 10.4.7 system. First I thought this was it, i finally had mode resolution change and no mouse tearing. But now i have no more QE/CI :)

Xbench overall speed is going down from max 114.85 without patch to about 80, thats about the same like on my AGP X1600 without AGPGart. On Xbench OpenGL test (<40 with, >120 without patch) I get no or hanging output.

I tried to remove all other entries from the new ATIRadeonX1000.kext except the x1600 entry. I also had to modify ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin because it only has 71c2 as entry, my card has 71c0 (which is also entered in the X1000.kext). Repaired permissions and so on, but no effect still no QE/CI and no login window at start. Keep going...

NeoPheus: What about reading out the device id for auto-creating kexts for the personally used card? I ask this because the ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin only has 71c2 as entry. Is the deleting of all the other kexts really neccessary? I only delete AppleHWSensor and Geforce.kext when i do my own patches, i never had problems with the other ATI drivers. Have you tried something with the 2nd card id which shows in System Profiler? I get 71c0 for VGA-display-controller and 71e0 for other display controller. Could it be a step to dual-monitor? As i used the 71e0 entry instead of the usual 71c0 only it resulted in a kernel panic. You know the program OpenGL viewer? (from macupdate.com) It shows a lot of information about the actual gfx card, maybe this could be helpful. BTW: I always mark the modified kexts with another color, its easier to find them.

Hope you get it sometimes, work on!

GreetinX from the Other Side!

My card is PCIeX, but without IONDRV .7 and ATINDRV .5 does not work.

With IONDRV .7 and ATINDRV .5 all working perfect .

Thanks all

ok so the X1600PRO needs IONDRVSupport.kext froom .7 huhum they removed the Pro support that sux :glare:

eh guy do u have in the system profiler the card recognized as PCIE? thanx

naquadda the 3.5 package only works on 10.4.8 kernel ehehe

you' ll get PCIE then and perf...uve changed ur mobo also?

Got my Gigabyte X1650 Pro today.

After installing the 3.5 installer and rebooted the DVI died. I then connected the DVI->VGA adapter and the screen woke up. I tried changing resolution, and that worked.

I then tried the DVI->VGA on the other DVI output, and that worked too. After that I thought, hey maybe I should give that DVI output a try with the DVI cable. DING DING, the screen woke up. I was SOOO suprised. :glare:

So, pure DVI works on one output and DVI->VGA on the other.

I did a Xbench and got 50.44 at Quartz Graphics Test and 36.40 at OpenGL, though the OpenGL window was black.

I then tried to play a XviD-clip in VLC but the fullscreen (1280xx1024) playback stuttered. A 720p XviD didn't work at all. All I got was a black VLC screen.

What is CI and QE? I can't enable Quartz 2D Extreme in QuartzSimple.

Both not supported...

Any suggestions for VLC playback?

BTW, my vendor and device ID wasn't present in the ATIRadeonX1000.kext and ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin, but I still got picture at the screen. I entered my device ID, 0x71c6, but got the same result (stuttering VLC playback and no CI or QE).