[HowTo] X1600/X1800 Full Support (Borisbadenov Method)

munky

710 posts in this topic

Tank-you even for the fact that you will try ! Tanks !

Finished! Tomorrow there will be a update on my website! :)

Update: The "new" site is up and you can download the new installer version 3.3. Please note that it now is called "ATIX1x00 Installer" :D

I thought it would be easier to have supoort on x1300 than x1400 because it was said x1300 cards were to be used in the new xservers, but...

Neophus messed up : if something work it will be both cards...

anyway ATINDRV .8 wasnt working on my X1600 system while the macpro one = same was...

definitly a kernel dependancy

so u guys can try to use all macpro's kext moded + regular 10.4.7 ATIRADEONX1000.Kext moded + OPENGL 's macpro and see

but i think it wasnt working...else u'll need the .8 kernel hack for sure...

I had some problems "upgrading" from 3.2 to 3.3

The installer stops right at the beggining because of "problems" found.

The first thing I thought was to uninstall the 3.2 and then install 3.3.

Everything went fine than. Disabled beamsync and enabled Q2D. Fine.

My problem with this "driver" or installer is that the image is not so clear as the default one (I do have CI and QE without the patch/installer).

Tried to calibrate my monitor but it still isn't good.

I have a toshiba A-100 jh 200e....Basically, the installation of osx works easily enough and it boots etc etc but when i apply the boris method installer or do it the manual way i get a black screen. The backlight is off, so the screen is completely powered down. Im thinking that the source is going out the VGA but i have no crt monitor in my small dorm :) . Is there anyway to force DVI??????

o btw i have an X1600 Mobile

I really wanna get mac osx working fully on this comp !!!

thanks

My problem with this "driver" or installer is that the image is not so clear as the default one (I do have CI and QE without the patch/installer).

Tried to calibrate my monitor but it still isn't good.

hi all,

bro, try change a .icc profile, i have a x1600pro +lg and ha ve a clear and optimal image.

entra em contato comigo pelo forum para ve se resolvemos este problema...

[]'s

after applying neos 3.3 pkg (and manual updating to quarzcoreframework 10.4.8 to get qe/ci working) all desktop apps work smart (except the pro applications). Thank you!

BUT: games do not work anymore: civilization4 and sims2 stop right after starting (bounce 1time, go away); q4demo, d3 and others start, but seem to work in a non-conform way (monitor settings), screen is simply gone.

any help?

Hey there!

I made an installer for this method! Look at this: Here :)

Please notice that it is only a test version! Please give me a feedback!

I just installed the script...it doesn't work :(

I am using OS X version 10.4.7, but the patch I downloaded was apparently 3.3 (is this for 10.4.8)?

I have Gigabyte X1600XT 256 Meg PCIe, and it works out of the box, but no resolution adjustment (I need 1280x1024, but only get 1024x768).

I have a problem....I cannot unistall the script.

Here is what I do:

-At startup I press a key

-At "boot:" I type "-s"

-At "localhost:/ root#" I type "/sbin/fsck -fy"

++I then goes through this routine and finally tells me that "The volue XXXX appears to be OK"

-At "localhost:/ root#" I type "/sbin/mount -uw /" this brings me to the same "localhost:/ root#" prompt I was just add, with apparently not doing anything...but I'm dumb so I don't know.

-At "localhost:/ root#" I type "./unistallscript" and get "-sh: ./uninstallscript: Permission denied"

How do I unistall this script?

Thanks.

Look on my website...

You have to wait a little while for X1400 support! But I think it will be supported...

For X1300: no way!

Does a Radeon X1650PRO card count as a X1600 card -- or is it an entirely different (unsupported) animal?

Thanks

Ok, I have the most amazing problem. I have Asus 1600pro on intel 945 motherboard (which has intel gma950 graphic chipset) and since I installed new card (asus) in my hackintosh Adobe illustrator started to go crazy. Shift and space doesnt work in illustrator. When I remove asus card everything gets ok again. If anyone has any idea help will be most aprisiated. Oh and Quake 4 works great.

Can anybody confirm (or conversely, has had trouble) getting DVI working with a SAPPHIRE 100148L Radeon X1600PRO 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X video card? Also, anybody's experiences with TV-out while using the borisbadenov method would be appreciated.

Thanks much,

Zack

:hysterical:

Hi Everyone! i'm going crazy with this installer and my Sapphire ATI Radeon x1800 xt 512 ram...after reboot i can't enter in graphic mode...

my system

amd athlon 64x2 4600

2 gm ram

80 gb hd ide

sapphire radeon x1800 xt

mac osx86 JAS 10.4.7 with 2 amd patches and ati chipset patch

thanks!

Hi Everyone! i'm going crazy with this installer and my Sapphire ATI Radeon x1800 xt 512 ram...after reboot i can't enter in graphic mode...

my system

amd athlon 64x2 4600

2 gm ram

80 gb hd ide

sapphire radeon x1800 xt

mac osx86 JAS 10.4.7 with 2 amd patches and ati chipset patch

thanks!

I have the same card and unfortunately, I can't get mine to work either! Sure hope someone with the right expertise gets one and figures it out for us.

Sapphire x1800xt - no QE or CI