[HowTo] X1600/X1800 Full Support (Borisbadenov Method)

munky

710 posts in this topic

I've tried this method for an ATI FireGL V5200 on a HP NW8440 laptop (Core Duo T2500).

After applying the modifications, repair permissions I reboot my system and the result is a black screen. It doesnt seem to hang. It's just that my LCD won't light up.. Any fix for that? Thanks!

Hi, i'am new here but not new to mac's or terminal file editing. I have the same problem as 'SpyronDJ'. I'am on 10.4.9 JaS SSE3 (don't know for sure what kernel, guess default with that release). The problem is that my ATINDRV.kext doens't looks like the one in the tut, it doesn't contain these words. Is there a solution for that? Many Thanks in advanced.

-SI-

Hi all .

May be somebody can give me answer : i have

P4 2.8Ghz

motherboard on i865

video AGP ATI x1600

Mac OSX 10.4.9 kernel 8.9.1 SSE2

Can i solve problen oа not supported Quarz and Core , with help badenovs mothod or no ???

Many thx .

• 2 weeks later...
I just installed the lastest JaS 10.4.8 with semthex 8.8.1 kernel on a ASRock 775 dual 915gl mobo with onboard GMA900 graphics and an aditional ATI X1300 Pro 256mb card. When I ran the new install off the onboard video, ran fine. I installed with the ATI X1000 patch on the DVD. WHen I went to run the OS off the ATI card, it loaded, went past the grey screen with apple logoi, then the screem went all blue and I could not shift it.

Solution? I rebooted using the onboard video c ard, found the vendor and device ID's of the ATI Card, used my method to edit the kexts, fixed permissions, etc, and after a reboot, the card works like a charm; full QE/CI.

Skywalker, I would update to 10.4.8 with the newer kernel. It also works fine with 10.4.9 and the 8.9.1 kernel

Good luck

Fantastic! I Installed using the INTEL/AMD?SSE2/SSE3 Jas dvd, selected GMA 950 (which is what I have), ATI x1x00 PCIe package, and the TITan ATIx1000 patch, and everything worked from the word go. QE/CI/Res switching, rotation. Grovy.

Using ATIx1600 Pro PCIe 256, DEv id 0x71c21002

I now have a serious problem though - openGL is serverely malfuntioning - any time something goes full screen (quake 3 or unreal tourny 2004 were tested) the computer will crash after about 6 seconds. I'm not sure what to do. Not that I play games alot I just would like the functionality. Itunes visulizer full screen works a charm though - though playing with cover flow also crashes the gui.

I hope it isn't anything physical - as all these little coloured dots and lines will appear then the system will lock up for good, so I have to reset. It's very nasty you know.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i got this working on an asus k8n w/ amd64, using his x1600pro agp... ce/qi enabled, but for some reason, i can't choose 1680x1050 working (native res on my lcd). the option for that res isnt in the display options... any way to enable it? i even modified boot.plist and passed in graphics mode, but that didn't work either.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PLEASE HELP !!!

i've just installed Mac OS X from DVD Jas 10.4.7 SSE3 and i have ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 in My TOSHIBA Tecra A7 laptop

i installed Mac OS with SSE3 patch and Intel Combo update .. after it had started , i installed this (borisbadenov_3.2.pkg) driver (for my X1600 ATI ) .. but when the computer restarted it showed the apple gray screen for a while then a black screen with white lines then a black screen with nothing and the OS doesnt start

please tell me what is wrong ?!

Hello there, first of all thank you for the great work. I have a (probably stupid) question. I'm still pupil, so I don't have that much money and can't try everything by just buying it. At the moment I have a ATI x300 pci-e, works good with 1280x1024 but without qe/ci. So far so good. I think I'd like a x1600pro for Christmas. That's the question. Will it work with the installer and with the 1600pro and Uphuk 10.4.9 ? I know, there are lot's of people who ask things like that, but it's kind of important for me...

And just one last thing: Is there any graphic card that just works? Without any problems, with qe / ci, without searching any kexts, modifying boot.plist and things like that?

I need pci-e.

Well, yeah. That's all for now.

Thanks,

Hi, i have a Sapphire X1800Gto2 with 512MB.

Can anyone tell me if this will work with uphuck 1.4i (10.4.10) ?

Right now the video card is installed with the default drivers from the install disc, and QE/CI appear as hardware supported, but i can't change the resolution to anything but 1024x768, and i get the window and mouse tearing.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

have installed leopard flat image onto my home PC successfully, that has a Nvida Graphics card, and it runs beautifully.

Have now tried installing on my work PC (spec below) with The radeon 2900XT card on it. Install went well but after the grey/apple screen, the display just freezes with white artifacts, showing segments of the 'welcome screen' underneath.

Is there anyway or known instances where this combination has worked? I really would like to know if this s possible to fix and how?

any help, would be much appreciated.

rgds

Danskimanuk

Spec:

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate

Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name DESIGNPC

System Manufacturer System manufacturer

System Model P5K Premium

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2394 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0102, 04/06/2007

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United Kingdom

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16407"

Total Physical Memory 4,094.31 MB

Available Physical Memory 2.79 GB

Total Virtual Memory 8.14 GB

Available Virtual Memory 6.94 GB

Page File Space 4.29 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

• 4 weeks later...
PLEASE HELP !!!

i've just installed Mac OS X from DVD Jas 10.4.7 SSE3 and i have ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 in My TOSHIBA Tecra A7 laptop

i installed Mac OS with SSE3 patch and Intel Combo update .. after it had started , i installed this (borisbadenov_3.2.pkg) driver (for my X1600 ATI ) .. but when the computer restarted it showed the apple gray screen for a while then a black screen with white lines then a black screen with nothing and the OS doesnt start

please tell me what is wrong ?!

hi mostbar

please read this title (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=36812) . ı have same card this methot full work and perfect . ati mobility x1600 (71c5) ..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I have a 3Dconnect ATI X1600PRO 512MB PCI EXPRESS (vga and DVI Connector). and leopard kaliway 10.5.1. At this moment are any form o intaller to use the DVI Connector, I read that the vga is no problem, but I have only DVI to my monitor, somebody can help me?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Which T60p do you have? I have the 2007-94u with V5200 (1600x1200) and I cannot get QE/CI to work for the life of me.

Kalaway 10.5.1 > Combo update to 10.5.2

Thanks!

QUICK UPDATE....

I get QE/CI once I start Parallels...... I know this sounds weird, but it's true!