Callisto Technical Discussion

Swad

826 posts in this topic

My MS-1013 (Turion Laptop with Xpress 200) boots fine with callisto installed, but still shows no kext installed. Ive double and triple checked all the steps, and I can load the callistoHAL.kext from the command line with no errors. I have no ATI kexts at all, but even if I did, I wouldnt have any idea which one to put in my dev id (0x5995). In fact I tried the 1000 series and the 9700 before I even knew about callisto. The wierdest thing of all is that it shows 256Megs of ram in the system profiler for the video. I know that most people with the 200 were seeing 32 or even 16megs. Id still love to try the 003 version, but I dont know where to find it, but it seems like the changelog for 006 shows that it should be addressing the issues x200. Can someone explain, do I need the ati kexts if I am using callisto? It seems not. If so, which one for the Radeon Xpress 200 Mobile?

Thanks for any advise, id dearly love to run 1280x800!

B

I just found this on another thread (http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=17778)

User fireshark...

"No, what u do is in ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin, change the IOProviderClass in the info.plist from IONDRVFramebuffer to CallistoFB."

Would this be considered part of the normal install for callisto? If so, my previous question still stands, which kext should I be editing to point the system to use the callisto frame buffer, (radeon Xpress 200 Mobile)

Thanks again.

Would this be considered part of the normal install for callisto? If so, my previous question still stands, which kext should I be editing to point the system to use the callisto frame buffer, (radeon Xpress 200 Mobile)

Thanks again.

It's part of getting QE/CI working and is outlined on omni's FAQ, point 11.

It's part of getting QE/CI working and is outlined on omni's FAQ, point 11.

I dont even have callisto working as far as I can tell. The system profiler says its a VGA card and no kexts loaded. I have no other resolutions available in the display preferences. How would one know if Callisto is working if there are no other resolutions available, but the system boots. It also doesn't show up in the Extensions section of the profiler. I can however load both the kexts for callisto with a sudo kextload. No errors..

Running beta 6 on my ati x600 pcie (128 meg )(5b62) seems to work pretty perfect QE an CI OpenGL , couldnt get it working proper tho on my ati x1600 xt pcie (256 )(71c0) cards are both sapphire !

well done Omni

Running the sixth kext and is running just fine... only this one and the third one worked for me on my nf3 board with my 9600.

But my question would be does anyone know how to add a supported refresh rate.

I use a 1152x864 @ 75 when possible... but with callisto... can only get this resolution in 80 Hz or 60 Hz and nothing inbetween.

If you're sure that your monitor can use other refresh rates (you can verify that in windoze), maybe you can add them by manually input the EDID string of your monitor to Callisto's Info.plist (see step 9 of Installation from Omni's site)

I installed Callisto 006, working fine, but now I've got 2 virtual screen. I assume because of my Sapphire Radeon 9600XT has VGA and DVI connector.

QE + CI working.

Is there any way to get rid of the second screen?

Hm what versions af ATI drivers did you use ?? somewhere I read that there are problems with these from 10.4.6 any idea? Should I use from 10.4.4 ? or ? HELP ;)

I use the default ATIRadeon9700.kext which came with the 10.4.6 JaS (PPF applied) ISO.

hello there. i have a x700 pro 256ram video card.

I got it to load the kext and no osx can see mya card. I can see some more resolution changes and a few refresh rates. But when i try to switch between them i get a black screen. Im guessing it's something with my monitor refresh rates. Anyway My question is: Is it so difficult to make an installer for this driver? Maybe the instaler can have a field that you can put your video card id from the system profiler. Anyway just a thought. I am noob in this and most of the time when i read your comment's is like reading chinese.

If someone has made it with this card please post comments. THNX

Sorry for my english.

hello there. i have a x700 pro 256ram video card.

I got it to load the kext and no osx can see mya card. I can see some more resolution changes and a few refresh rates. But when i try to switch between them i get a black screen. Im guessing it's something with my monitor refresh rates. Anyway My question is: Is it so difficult to make an installer for this driver? Maybe the instaler can have a field that you can put your video card id from the system profiler. Anyway just a thought. I am noob in this and most of the time when i read your comment's is like reading chinese.

If someone has made it with this card please post comments. THNX

Sorry for my english.

Make sure you read the installation by Omni. Btw you should share your config in details in order to help you.

OK now I am with Jas 10.4.6 and I have installed Callisto beta 003 because this one only works and I edited ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin shoud I remo ATIRadeon9700.kext or I must add the device ID in it ? to load plugins ? Because Callisto don't know anything about this plugins ?

Any Idea ?

just tried it as well, b006 does not work with x300 (5460).

nightmare66, check your IM.

anyone else with an x300 (5460, inside an inspiron 6000 to be exact) have any luck?

No luck here on my inspiron 6000 but I did some testing with Omni and he is working on a solution.

According to the forums on his site, he is thinking of making a "fixed" version of 003 that will eliminate sync issues following a reboot and resolution switching as well.

I'm surprised that build 003 is working for your guys' Inspiron 6000s with the x300....the only build that has been working correctly with mine is 005-I haven't tried 006, because of the feedback about this card :)

Hi. I plug a x300 (ID:5b60). I've installed callisto b006, edit ID in callistoHAL.kext and ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin and only can change resolution but no support CI and QE. Can any1 help me?

Can any1 send me to PM build 003 (i said that this build works great). Thanks

is there any way I can get build 003? I upgraded to 006 but didn't back up my 003, silly me, assuming that stuff might just work. Anyway, can I get anyone to send me 003? my e-mail is CompassionateAnt@gmail.com . Or perhaps since many people are finding b003 to work "better" omni could consider posting downloads in a sort of version history format, instead of simply the most recent. I wouldn't blame him if he didn't though. We are all pretty dumb for not backing up our earlier builds.

I'm noticing some very very very faint lines traveling down the leftmost side of my LCD screen with 006 Alpha. This only happens when the driver kicks in. In Windows, 1680x1050 displays fine without this problem.

I've had 2 Dell 2005FPWs replaced when I got similiar problems in the past. But never before have I only seen this problem in OS X. In the case of the previous experiences, the lines were visible in windows as well, and much more noticeable. Odd...

Works only with Analog on the ViewSonic at 1600 x 1200, windows gets 1680 x 1050 with DVI, osx86 gets 1280x1024 with DVI. Tried adding my 128 hex making sure to keep "<" and ">" on the outside of my number but it kept telling me it was invalid. (its a very long group of numbers).

More Details shortly...

Great work... 1680x1050 is working ok messes up sometimes but switching between res fixes the issue. ATI x550.QE and CI work fine!

I cant express how much I appreciat the very hard work you have done.

GO OMNI!!!

Hi,

I have a PCI-Express based Sapphire Radeon X550 that's running on 10.4.6 (ppf4 patched by Myzar). I installed the card after having installed 10.4.6. However, MacOSX did not load Kext as followings. -- no QE/no CI.

#######################################################################

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x5b63

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

######################################################################

I tried adding my Device ID to the Info.plist files in ATIRadeon.kext and ATIRadeonGA.plugin, but that didn't help. May I have your ATI Driver?

Please send me my E-mail as ritzcarltn@gmail.com.

or Ftp Site is as followings.

Address : warez.x86osx.com

ID : x86osx

Pass : warez

Thanks,