Callisto Technical Discussion

Swad

826 posts in this topic

Hi, can amybody send me ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin Just lost while installing b007 (backup also deleted :/ thanks a lot!!!

The same situation is for me.... I have an ATI9600 (standard) card. I installed Callisto 007 and it worked perfectly, so I moved to enable QE/QI (the last stage :angry: ) but when I went to the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder I didn't find any ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin or whatever... I remember that it was there before installing any driver. I had (and still have) just an ATI.kext together with Callisto.kext and CallistoHAL.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/.

So I went to the installation DVD (JaS 10.4.6 iso) and found a file called "AMDRadeon.pkg" (or something similar, in any case it is a package with name AMDRadeon*) in the packages subfolder... I installed it and it put ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin together with other files named ATIRadeon9700* (including a .kext file) /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. I edited the info.plist file in ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin changing IONDRVFramebuffer to CallistoFB under IOProviderClass key. Cleaned the cache and rebooted. After login my screen was completely messed up whit big purple and green squares filling it (!!). So I rebooted in safe mode with -x, deleted all the ATIRadeon9700* files and cleaned the cache. When rebooted again everything was (fortunately!) fine as before.

Now I ask.. were the files I found in that package the correct ones? Eventually, did I install them correctly? If not, could anybody send me (deejayts@hotmail.com) the correct ones and help me to install them correctly?

Thanks a lot

So I went to the installation DVD (JaS 10.4.6 iso) and found a file called "AMDRadeon.pkg" (or something similar, in any case it is a package with name AMDRadeon*) in the packages subfolder... I installed it and it put ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin together with other files named ATIRadeon9700* (including a .kext file) /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. I edited the info.plist file in ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin changing IONDRVFramebuffer to CallistoFB under IOProviderClass key. Cleaned the cache and rebooted. After login my screen was completely messed up whit big purple and green squares filling it (!!). So I rebooted in safe mode with -x, deleted all the ATIRadeon9700* files and cleaned the cache. When rebooted again everything was (fortunately!) fine as before.

Now I ask.. were the files I found in that package the correct ones? Eventually, did I install them correctly? If not, could anybody send me (deejayts@hotmail.com) the correct ones and help me to install them correctly?

Thanks a lot

Great its works perfectly thanks!!! you must missed something because i´ve got same car as you (sapphire radeon 9600 agp 256 Mb on a LaCie CRT) and it just worked. the package in fact is "AMD.Radeon.Laptop.pkg" and inside is ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin i edited info.plist, saved and then deleted extensions.kextchache and extensions.mkext. after reboot everything work OK (CI QE, full res and refresh rate) :(

I extracted ATIRadeon9700.kext, ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin, ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle from the 10.4.6 update package on the JaS 10.4.6 DVD to the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder, modified the Info.plist in ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin, cleaned cache and rebooted. QE e CI supported but... the graphics are sluggish!!

Screensavers, Dashboard effects and all other opengl features work perfectly, but the system is unusable as slow as it is in all other tasks... so I deleted all ATIRadeon9700* files in the extensions folder, cleaned cache and rebooted.... now no QE, no CI enabled and OSX again usable.... -___-

...does anybody know what's happening?

Rev 3 works on my ZD8000(8080us) x600, but not 07 is there a way to make it work? I would like to be able to wake up from sleep. Other than that.....I think its great

Radeon Mobility X600 (M24) (PCIE):

Chipset Model: Radeon Mobility X600 (M24) (PCIE)

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x3150

Revision ID: 0x0000

Displays:

Color LCD:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

make life eaasier for n00bz ;-)

How hard would it be to create an installer where you can select your card id (or model name, or both) choose which omni package you like (00X), and also yes or no to the koverg patch?

the installer would also get rid or the extension kexts, repair permissions and restart the machine..

if pre-patched kexts from all different setups (cards) can be collected i guess it would work... [??]

personally i have no experience with programming / tweaking installers for OSX.. but this is also something that could maybe be added to the Jas.6 image in the initial OS installer....

please share your opinions and let me know if there is a place for OSX installers for dummies.

cheers

:angry:

osxG

make life eaasier for n00bz ;-)

How hard would it be to create an installer where you can select your card id (or model name, or both) choose which omni package you like (00X), and also yes or no to the koverg patch?

the installer would also get rid or the extension kexts, repair permissions and restart the machine..

if pre-patched kexts from all different setups (cards) can be collected i guess it would work... [??]

personally i have no experience with programming / tweaking installers for OSX.. but this is also something that could maybe be added to the Jas.6 image in the initial OS installer....

please share your opinions and let me know if there is a place for OSX installers for dummies.

cheers

:P

osxG

Hm...

this is not sooooooo difficult! You just need to write a script with the "chmod" and "chown" lines and the "repairpermissions"! If you could send me all builds, I could try to make the installer!

PM me plz ^_^

@NeoPheus

we should try and get a success index for omni's drivers / kovergs patch for the different cards first, for the dropdown (if possible??)

@everyone else with ATI cards that are working well with omni / koverg, please write down your details in the file and repost it!

I have attached the file with my details, do the next rows and use tab between columns.

EDIT: ID CAN BE DETECTED FROM INSTALLER (thx neo)

[edit]

:P would omni be ok with this? i remember that he wanted track the stats of people downloading the driver from his site.. installer should have kudos to omni on it somewhere if he's ok with it.

[/edit]

cheers

^_^

osxG

ati_index.txt

Omni Callisto drivers are still in beta phase you should make installers for the RELEASE drivers not before...

Why not? :blink: I have the time! So I made one and it will be released soon! It installs all by itself and it includes also kovergs patch! ;)

Howdy Ladies and Gents...

Listen, I`ve installed Callisto build 007 followed all the instructions.. when i reboot nothing happens it doesnt seem like anything has changed.. no error messages no options to change res, just same 60hz early impaired vision!

1st question. is that abnormal?

2nd

Howdy Ladies and Gents...

Listen, I`ve installed Callisto build 007 followed all the instructions.. when i reboot nothing happens it doesnt seem like anything has changed.. no error messages no options to change res, just same 60hz early impaired vision!

1st question. is that abnormal?

2nd is there a way i can see all the loaded drivers/kexts whatever?

Otherwise i was wondering in all my hope that someone has gotten changing refresh rate to work with a Gigabyte AGP ATIX800 platinum. My system profiler reports it with only 128vram and on PCI why?

device id 0x4a50 im running 10.4.4

This must be conquered people!! no.... it must!

thank you

pablo

So,

I have the site uploaded to my webspace, but I want omnis agreement to share my secret!

so: Omni, it is OK to make a website with a installer with the newest version of your driver??? I will promise that I only upload a installer with the newest build! Or should I send you the installer and you will look at it?

I also made an installer for borisbadenov's patch! I will give you the link as soon as I have the agreement... :D

Good on you Omni - you have totally done the right thing. This was your project - if people don't want to abide your rules then stuff em'

Great work on the driver - now enjoy the time away from these whingers, complainers and b*llsh*ters!

Well ladies and gents, it's been fun, but Callisto's dead now.

I remember distinctly (and nicely) asking everyone not to take files from this site and host them elsewhere. I wanted people to actually test latest builds and report problems, thus helping me and the development. And No, I do not have anything against you running my older builds, but focus is on running latest and test them so this project can be completed and I can be off the hook to take on other projects.

Of course there's always some wise guy who thinks he knows better, under the pretense of "helping out" others. I did ask him in the past not to do it but I guess saying "please" means nothing.

So, from now on you can go to him for all future Callisto builds, developments, support of current etc etc. Do not look for me because I am not interested to hear. His nickname is p-J16 and his site is P4ULZ0R'S BL0G. You can also find him on the OSX86Project forum where he is active.

http://omni.starchaser.org/