Callisto Technical Discussion

Swad

826 posts in this topic

I installed the newest release and now my i got 1280x800 and OpenGL support yet i got these very nice and very annoying lines on my screen. Is there a solution for this?

I have a ASUS A6VA with an x700 btw.

Resolution change (from 1024x768 to 800x600 cause 1024x768 is native) won;t work anymore. In build 003 it was working. Now the screen remains black.

Mobility Radeon 7500, 4C57.

I installed the newest release and now my i got 1280x800 and OpenGL support yet i got these very nice and very annoying lines on my screen. Is there a solution for this?

I have a ASUS A6VA with an x700 btw.

That's my problem also .. (ASUS A7Vc x700 mobility)

And is there a way to download older versions ?

mmk, 006 works great for me..

resolution change works fine, but only up to 1024x768 coz my monitor doesn't support more than that.

there is a problem when i change colors from millions to thousands the screen turns pink and the display is divided by four... something strange... however i don't change to thousands of colors coz... well no reason to so i guess i can say omni did a great job once again..

b006 is definitely not working for my ATi mobility radeon x600, upon resolution change the screen stays black and doesnt come back, luckily res is reset on reboot. but b003 was working fine, so I guess I'll go back to it. Keep up the good work omni, pretty awesome stuff.

it doesn't work with my Dell inspiron 9300 and the x300 mobility (5460 ID). I don't know, what i did wrong. it is really frustating to read, that others with the same card got it working. Sh**.

My native resolution is 1900x1200 an every time i change the res. the screen turns black. no turning back. i have to delete the configurations an get 1024x768 back. any ideas?

thanx

FOLKA

Build 006 is OK for my X300 SE but there are only the 3 "basic" resolutions available (since 005). About the TV out, it seems it is not OK because the card sends the same refresh rate as CRT out whereas it should send a 50Hz signal (due to PAL specifications)

Another thing : I noticed that the second head has another ID for me primary is 5B60 and secondary is 5B70. That may be usefull to try some tricks (I'm thinking about making 2 separate kexts for each one, but it's just an idea I don't know if OSX can handle it). That could enable dual output with spanning

Thanks p-J16,

I;ve tried them all but same conclusion ;( and that's that the disp[lay is garbled as soon as I change resolution.

My ATI Radeon X700 Mobile on Asus still needs some extra work i think.

I don't get the QE and CI to work

I did get them to work once, with some old 10.4.4 i believe and the koverg patch .. but then i couldn't work on 1440 x 900 ..

Maybe it has something todo with the fact that i;m on 60Herz on LCD now.

The first time when another Callisto is installed i boot into 1024x768 and the display is not garbled. .. but as soon as i change .. it's garbled .. and not reversible :(

Also .. the resolution changeers .. don't help

I have the newest driver running on my mobility x600; looks great: I dont see any mouse tearing so far. Unfortunately I can only get 1024x768, can I get 1280x800? I never did the EDID thing so maybe that matters.

Thanks Omni!

under build 003 I was able to enter sleep but could not wake back up (without callisto sleep did not work at all). I am on a HP zd8000 with x600 mobility graphics. I cant test sleep under b006 because it doesnt work for me anyway.

b006 don't work for me, after changing resolution to 1400*1050 I get a blue screen, then green, then red, then grey, then black and over again. Radeon Mobility 9600/9700. b005 works fine. Anyway thanQ Omni :D

I can confirm x300 (mobility) 5460 WORKING with b006 , BUT , when trying to recover from sleep i get a black screen (system seems to wake up due to HD activity).

Resolution working (refresh rates too)

QE/CI working (koverg's patch)

NO Need to change the callistoFB with using the koverg's patch)

Sleep is the only issue bothering me :guitar:

does anyone happen to know if system sleep is dependant on the graphics drivers working properly? i got sleep working in 10.4.4 with my GMA950, but havent had it working since i upgraded to an X1800 and 10.4.5/6, so im not sure if its the version upgrade or the graphics upgrade which broke sleep for me.

anyone?

I'm pretty sure it's Callisto, munky. On my system, before Callisto even came out, my sleep worked about 75%(everything would shutdown but the monitor[i just turned it off], RAM, CPU, and Fans). Now with Callisto, my PC shutsdown totally, and I have to unplug the monitor from the PC and replug it in for it to start again. :guitar:

I'm pretty sure it's Callisto, munky. On my system, before Callisto even came out, my sleep worked about 75%(everything would shutdown but the monitor[i just turned it off], RAM, CPU, and Fans). Now with Callisto, my PC shutsdown totally, and I have to unplug the monitor from the PC and replug it in for it to start again. :guitar:

On my laptop before callisto the sleep was functioning the way as it does with callisto now: it goes to sleep, but when waking up the screen stays black(everything else does wake up tho).

So Im not sure if it's callisto.