Callisto Technical Discussion

Swad

826 posts in this topic

It's becoming better and better :D I can now switch res on my X700 mobility without having to reboot.

Version 006b works great with CRT screens, but I still get a double menu bar and horizontal line using my laptop built-in screen.

Oh, and resolution changes aren't always stable.

No one had successes with Mobility X1400? 002, 003 and 004 didn't work for me :). Now I installed 006 and the maximum resolution is 1024x768 (but I can set 640x480 and 800x600).

Hey, I've got the X1400 too (DEV.ID. 7145). No success with the earlier versions and, like you, with b006 I get 640x480 and 800x600. However, trying to switch freezes my system. Can you change resolutions successfully?

Got this loaded on my desktop system:

1.9 GHz P4

1GB RDRam PC-800

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

Says I have QE/CI support, get the water effects, etc, Open GL screensavers work, (This all all before Callisto even) but DVD playback either locks up entirely or is horribly slow (With or without Callisto loaded), any suggestions ?

Little update:

The driver 003 / 006 are doiing all the same.

They recorgnize my ATI X700 mobility on my asus but as soon as i login it's switching to my prefeerred resolution 1440x900x32

Then my display has lot's of stripes but it's readable .. (i don;t know if it's bad for my LCD screen tho)

When reinstall the driver and delete all the prefereces, after the reboot i go into 1024x768x32 and it's all clear.(no distorsions)

Another thing is that when i switch to YYYYxYYYx16 Bpp it becomes a double display .. i don;t know if others experience the same .. or not.

AND :-$ i can't get QE / CI to work :D

Does someone has a tip .. ?

006 doesn't work on my Inspiron 9300 x300 mobility 5460 card. Screen stays black after switching res.

Could someone please send me the 04 and the 05 release to: mr.riddle@gmx.net?

Thanx

Hey, I've got the X1400 too (DEV.ID. 7145). No success with the earlier versions and, like you, with b006 I get 640x480 and 800x600. However, trying to switch freezes my system. Can you change resolutions successfully?

I didn't try, but I suppose that it wouldn't work.

Sob! No luck for us :whistle:!

Doesnt' work for my X1400, but works good for my 9600 AGP on the desktop PC :)

It is still identified as PCI and there is a little tearing (with mouseposé no tearing), but I can change the resolution without problems :D

*** Attention X1000-series owners: ***

A user by the name of borisbadenov claims to have got Apple's own X1000-series kexts to work and give him full res changing (and no mouse tearing!) on his X1600 card:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=17767

ok iam a happy ASUS X1600XT owner, and with Boris help i have no mouse artifact everything is perfect, and i have QE and Coreiamge fully enable and supported, got rotate, and dual screen " control" but no real screen working.. is there a way to get callisto drivers with QE an CI with dual monitor with a x1600XT???

Thanks

Aberracus

I'm told that only b003 is working with the 200m right now. Could I get that?

great.potato@gmail.com

Dimbulb, did you get it working on your 200m? I tried the recent version but I get a kernel panic...

Could someone email me the older version: anubis@pterodyne.org

?

Thanks all

Because the newest build isn´t working for my 9600 Pro (4e50), I´m looking for the 003 and the 005 build. Could someone point me a place where I find these versions?

thanks in advance and many thanks to omni for his good work!

firepoi