New modified BOOT-132 allows you to boot retail DVDs

f41qu3

1,286 posts in this topic

Awesome work guys. Somehow I keep getting "isolinux: image checksum error boot failed" when booting the ISO with modified kext.

Using a P35-DS3R, Pioneer 111D ATA, Q6600, ATI 3750, 4GB mem.

Edit: I used the ISO by KISS but I can't seem to boot from the Leopard DVD. I tried entering 80 to 89 and nothing happens. 80 and 81 see my HDs.

Awesome work guys. Somehow I keep getting "isolinux: image checksum error boot failed" when booting the ISO with modified kext.

Using a P35-DS3R.

I get the same problem, have to add Natit to get my 2600XT to work, but using the Superhai method I get this error. Anyone got any ideas?

Credits go to mtrr :-)

Using grub with DFE (no syslinux required!):

entry for Grub menu.lst

title OSX Loader

root (hd0,1)

kernel /boot/boot

modulenounzip /boot/initrd.img

entry for Grub2 grub.cnf:

menuentry "OSX Loader" {

set root=(hd0,1)

multiboot /boot/boot

module /boot/initrd.img

}

Here you have the ISO ready to be burnt:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l0wizjmfymn

don't miss its splash image :-)

How to create bootable USB with BOOT-132 loader from Windows.

Its useful only for already installed Leo.

1) Download syslinux from here. (Must be version 3.63)

2) Unpack zip somewhere. (Ex: c:\temp)

3) Connect you USB Drive.

4) Open cmd and go to the unpacked folder\win32 directory. (Ex: c:\temp\win32)

5) Run syslinux.exe -ma <drive letter>: (Ex: syslinux.exe -ma f:)

6) Copy all files from CD to your USB Drive (mboot.c32, boot, initrd.img, isolinux.bin)

7) From folder isolinux copy isolinux.cfg to USB Drive root f:\.

8) Rename isolinux.bin to syslinux.sys and isolinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg.

9) Enjoy you bootable USB Bootloader... :thumbsup_anim:

The idea after this, is to leave Leo installation untoucheble.

To apply all the patches at USB Drive... :(

p.s. Just for the info.

After Leo boot you can edit yours initrd.img right on USB Flash, just by attaching initrd.img and drug'n'drop your files inside initd drive. ;)

p.p.s. When you booting from USB Drive, your Hard Drive going to be a Secondary, you must to enter 81 not 80 to boot.

Thanx, work fine too, but boot on retail DVD not impossible, only on CD-preload - "generic".

Credits go to mtrr :-)

Using grub with DFE (no syslinux required!):

entry for Grub menu.lst

title OSX Loader

root (hd0,1)

kernel /boot/boot

modulenounzip /boot/initrd.img

entry for Grub2 grub.cnf:

menuentry "OSX Loader" {

set root=(hd0,1)

multiboot /boot/boot

module /boot/initrd.img

}

It worked for me.  This is neat!  All I can see is 1 last problem .. that is the thing where you type your hard drive assignment like 80, 81, etc.  If that thing will be gone .. everything is perfect!

Oh, BTW, is there a way to install the from Retail DVD in MBR .. It only allows you to install in GUID.

Here are some of the things I found out while testing this marvelous tool on my rig.

1. The boot-132 iso would not boot on my ide controller (jmicron) if I used a modified iso. Something about a checksu error....

The original boots fine but I cannot install osx as it doesn't contain smbios.kext.

2. Since I cannot boot the iso, I tried the usb method. I decided it would be easier to copy the installation dvd to a partition and install from there

(you need a working osx machine to do this)

Go to disk utility, Click the restore tab.

Select the installation dvd as the source and a parition you want to use as the destination.

Let it do it's magic then reboot with the usb boot-132 and select the right partition and install in record time!

3. I installed 10.5 and then proceeded to install 10.5.2

I then installed the kexts to the hard drive and installed chameleon.

This means I don't need the usb key anymore as the kexts will be loaded from the hard drive.

I rebooted and upgraded to 10.5.4 to see if it would work again as now I have modified kexts in my extensions folder. No problem here!

4. If I don't copy the kexts to the hard drive after the 10.5.4 upgrade, I must always boot with the switch -f from the usb boot-132.

If I don't do this, the kexts don't get loaded from the usb key. Not a big problem but something to remember.

5. If I boot from the usb key, shutdown doesn't work

If I install the kexts and install chameleon, shutdown works.

Remember this is with a Quad Core. With my Leo4allV3 installation I have to use a shutdown fix.

Is there any way to do this on a partition and make the partition into guid with out effecting windows vista mbr get back to me thanks

Well I dont know any solutions but it might be possible to use some sort of virtualization tool to make the partition into a virtual drive.. with guid..

But i was told that Vista actually should be able to support guid.. I just don't know how since the newest windows i own is 98se

How to apply chameleon in Boot-132 usb/cd??

I am not exactly sure what you mean?

Do you want to install Chameleon on to the usb/cd?? Because that is not very helpful for anything..

But if you want to install it on your system afterwards you should just download the installer and install it..

But remember to copy the kexts from the cd to your system, preferrably with this method STLVNUB is suggesting

Can someone tell me what is a right GFX string for GMA950 from Asus p5l-mx i have QE and QI but can`t change resolution.Generic AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from image not make resoltion change.

What natit can i use if don`t have gfx string ?

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2772

Revision ID: 0x0002

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Reboot...

Whatever Image I use, the retail dvd somehow reboots. ;)

There seems to be a problem with the fsb detection:

Output: "attemting to determine cpu multiplier. If system reboots RDMSR causes a fault at 198h..."

Does anybody else have the same problem?

I have an Asus 945g Mobo that rund leo4all without any problems.

I have a retail 10.5 disc that I would really like to use to install to an HFS+ partition on my Dell Inspiron 6000 (specs below). The method set forth in this thread is really the only one that I have found that doesn't require the use of an installer downloaded from a torrent site. I have nothing against these aforementioned installers; it's just that with a paid for retail disc in hand, my wallet would really like to see the 10.5 disc used for the installation as opposed to something else. Is there not a way to use the method in this thread, tailored somewhat, to install to my laptop (or other SSE2 laptops)? (Apologies in advance: I am a super n00b at this, but I have thoroughly read this thread, as well as the excellent sections concerning The Genuis Bar, OSX86 Installation, Hardware and Drivers, and Multiboot and Virtualism, in addition to a lot of the OSX86 wiki). I am willing to learn how to make this work (if possible), as this is some cool stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I am not sure you will have much luck with this method. However, you don't say which OS, if any, you have running on the system at the moment. If you have a Mac OS X, or have access to one, then you can use an external USB HDD and restore your retail Install DVD to it. Once that is done, you can modify the content of the USB drive until it boots and runs correctly.

With that done, you can use the USB drive to install OS X on your main HDD. Of coarse, the same mods will need to be made to your main HDD. There are several how-to threads in the Install -> Leopard area that will guide you through the process. I have used the external USB Install drive method myself to get my current system running.

Good Luck.

Hmnm, no matter what I do, I cannot get this to work at all. If I have SATA to IDE, the CDBoot says "Bad Checksum". If I put it on AHCI, it boots, however, does not allow me to boot my DVD, only hard drives. So I tried the USB method. Following the instructions, syslinux -ma I: (my drive letter) did nothing (ie I didn't see anything done), so I have no idea if that worked. I copied the files to the key, rebooted, set it as the boot drive...only to get "Boot Error". Nothing I have tried works. I have even tried my own iso, but doesn't work at all. I don't have any IDE drives at all, only SATA (including the DVD drive). My system includes:

C2Q 9300

Intel DG33BU mobo

Seagate 750 SATA II

Pioneer SATA DVD-RW

GeForce 8600GT

Realtek R1000 based NIC

I'm out of ideas *shrug* I currently have Kalyway 10.5.2 installed, and everything is working just fine. I cannot update at all, I don't think I can install PC_EFI properly, I can't boot without the DVD, and the "Retail" install doesn't work either. If I wanted to, I'd have a perfect system with just the Kalyway version installed, but I can't update, and need the DVD to boot. I've wasted quite a bit of time on this and it's getting quite frustrating ;)

First off, thanks for the great reply ;). Secondly, I'm using GUID, as if I try MBR, it gives me an error every time. I'm thinking this is why I'm having so many problems hwere. I'm not quite sure why I get the error that it can't format :\ I did install Chameleon, but that still didn't work. I intially used the "Vanilla" kernel, and it booted up just fine so I figured my system was able to use the vanilla kernel. The DFE iso image is the first iso image correct?

One thing though....

Changing or editing your AppleHDA does not work, as it cannot be loaded into the ROOT, it needs to be applied after you have loaded your "injector" kext or Boot.plist and not before!

the best is therefore to put the AppleHDA on the HDD after you've done all your updates

This is unless someone knows how to sequence the kexts loaded so that they will load in a specific order, that would be great!

SticMAN

Play around with the Extra/Extensions kexts to get it to work on your system.

Be sure to put into the plist of any kext added the following lines

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>

<string>Root</string>

This goes before the last two lines

</dict>

</plist>

So it looks like this

<string>Root</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Most important you get this right.

I see no reason why this will not work on your current setup.

Once you have this sorted out you SHOULD be able to do Software Updates NO PROBLEM

Hope this helps

Can someone tell me what is a right GFX string for GMA950 from Asus p5l-mx i have QE and QI but can`t change resolution.Generic AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from image not make resoltion change.

What natit can i use if don`t have gfx string ?

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2772

Revision ID: 0x0002

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

I found solution for my problem it seems that AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext not load when i put it on initrd.img. It`s have

</dict>

<string>Root</string>

in info.plist but but not load ...

When i put it into extension folder it work`s

I was update to 10.5.4 from vanila retail dvd instal and only change that i have made is AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.zip

heres a guide for dell e520's. included is the DMG to burn and boot from. you'll have to get the retail image yourself. what rhymes with quiet day? ;)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry808784

Thanks for the e520 Love!!! It's funny, I haven't been on this site in almost a year and I come on here today to check it out and you posted this... crazy timing :) Thanks!

Do you know if the NVidia 9600 works yet? Also, I've updated my e520 to a Quad Core Intel, will this work?

Think we need to start a fresh thread, probably in OSXInstallation , for those with install issues and keep this thread clear for

its original purpose. "New modified BOOT-132 allows you to boot retail DVDs, Use Mac OS X Retail DVD on hackint0shes! This is real, and free."

You gotta agree with this. This thread is getting swamped with minor installation issues. I'm not a noob, but I'm not advanced enough to contribute to these (fantastic) efforts by the devs.

Peeps who can't really contribute need to be patient and not clog things up with their own issues. We're all gonna benefit from this very soon

Hello all, this a great improvement to the OSx86 project and everyone shoul be able to benefit from it so here is a tip for noobs who want to modify the kextfile (INITRD.IMG)

1. exract generic.iso to a working folder with BetterZip or something similar.

2. open terminal and cd to that directory (eg ~Michael/Desktop/Boot-132/)

3. type chmod 777 INITRD.IMG

4. mount INITRD.IMG by double clicking on it or using the mount command in terminal.

5. modify add/replace/delete anykexts you want. (reccomend: dsmos.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext and any others that you used when you did your first install)

6. eject the disk image.

7. boot into Windows or open a crossover app such as VMWare.

8. drag or copy your modified INITRD.IMG and the original generic.iso into windows (easy if using VMWare)

9. in Windows open generic.iso with WinISO (trial can be downloaded off the web).

10. delete the INITRD.IMG file thats inside generic.iso

11. drag YOUR INITRD.IMG into the WinISO window.

12. save to desktop of windows.

13. drag back to Mac OS to burn or just stay in winoows if you prefer(if you did you probably wouldn't be reading this)

14. done!

*use a Cd-rw first time u burn

** sorry my formatting is funky im writin this on a DS.

Hello all, this a great improvement to the OSx86 project and everyone shoul be able to benefit from it so here is a tip for noobs who want to modify the kextfile (INITRD.IMG)

1. exract generic.iso to a working folder with BetterZip or something similar.

14. done!

*use a Cd-rw first time u burn

** sorry my formatting is funky im writin this on a DS.

Actually, all this can be accomplished entirely in windows with transmac & ultraiso (trial versions will do, at least for 30 days)

open the ISO with UltraISO, drag the initrd.img out of it. make a .dmg with transmac (10mb should do) add the kexts (which look like folders in windows) and when you're done, rename the .dmg to initrd.img & drag it into the ISO in ultraiso.

burn & enjoy.

I have installed from retail DVD and updated to 10.5.4. I have kexts dsmos, IntelCPUPowerManagementDisabler, SMBIOSEnabler installed on HDD. When I boot, I need -f every time. I have never had this happen in the past. Can anyone tell me what may be causing it and/or how I can fix it? Thank you.