The first Mac you ever used.

97 posts in this topic

I don't remember the name, but is was the only mac to use the 68200 chip, I think it was a mac II. I was at the jazz department of Sibelius-Akatemia, Helsinki.

Then I bought the Classic then, Classic II (?) next a quadra someting, then a power pc, then my first iMac, and a better one. Nowadays I use a iMac G4 700 mhz, system 10.4.11 and planning to get a faster mac.

The first Mac i touched was a 128k, in 1984, in a Computer shop in my town that was an "Apple store": I was a kid with a simple Commodore Vic 20 at home :blink: and when I looked at it I was so surprised... ehm and I tried to cancel the System disk B)

But in that store there were also one Lisa, one Apple III and several Apple IIc and IIe... I remember also an electonic store in front of it that used an Apple IIe with the 5 Mbytes "winchester" hard disk until 10 years ago for the billing software.

Here in Italy the is a little "museum", this is their website:

http://www.allaboutapple.com

First one I used was probably a Macintosh XL around 1986 in elementary school. First one I actually did serious work on was a Centris 650 when I was learning C++. First one I actually owned was a Powermac 7100 and a Beige G3...both abandoned by neighbors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

A Macintosh 128K Way back in first grade elementary school probably around 1997 or 98. It was also the first computer I ever used. I remember having fun playing some sort of Maze game and a click by click adventure game where you had to get a castle or something. That was before I even knew about the difference or even the existence of a Windows computer and a Mac.