[HowTo] Update to 10.4.7 from 10.4.6 (Intel ONLY)

Korrupted

256 posts in this topic

Another success story :thumbsdown_anim: I didn't install the kext though...i didn't feel like waiting for ANOTHER download. By the way this is the first time i actually completed a download in Transmission.

edit: hey what do you know, i started the download and i didn't even know it...hope the extensions works.

Okay, my system prefs doesn't recognize my monitor and it's resolutions as it did before i replace the extensions...which extension do i need to restore to get them back?

edit: okay...since no answer, forget it. I just restored all my extensions with a little trouble. :thumbsdown_anim:

hackintosh.png

Still working great.. although I am seeing a bit of discoleration in some rosetta apps.. it's only on occassion and goes away if I hide/re-show an app.. odd.

On another note, anyone know why it show's my processor at 4GHz and my FSB @ 3.2? My proc is definitely running @ 3.2 GHz :thumbsdown_anim:

Okay, my system prefs doesn't recognize my monitor and it's resolutions as it did before i replace the extensions...which extension do i need to restore to get them back?

you installed the 4.7 Extensions? you replaced what Extensions?

this type of question if i read it correctly, has nothing to do with the JaS Update package, and is a result of general messing about.

messing about is a noble activity, but no one should have to clean up someone elses mess. :)

i'm not attacking anyone, not at all. :)

i just see this thread going on for page after page about tweaking the installation with stupid 4.7 kexts that don't matter or improve performance in the least. it got to me for a second. ;)

a 4.7 kext might be good for something, but if you have to ask which ones are needed for OS X to function on generic pc, you shouldn't be the one testing them.

p.s. i'm using all 4.4 Extensions and the speed is back to 4.3 levels, lovin it! it's the Frameworks people! (waiting for new Decrypts.)

I thought Jas' update included the new decrypts...

there aren't new decrypts yet. they will be easy to add later when available.

@Bart86 you only need AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from 10.4.3, you can use AppleIntelGMA950.kext from 10.4.6

@hanschien Using the 10.4.7 GMA950 kext gives graphic corruption. You only can see random artifacts =(

My bad, I realised i posted this in the wrong thread, I updated manually to 10.4.7 (downloaded from apple, replaced mach_kernel and decrypted_files) so i have all the new kexts and frameworks.

I wonder how us the ATI X1000 Series users are going to benefit from this ;)

I wonder how us the ATI X1000 Series users are going to benefit from this ;)
FRAMEWORKS! 12 updated Apps and Utilities! new BSD subsystem improvements, Mail speedup, etc. :)

it's all around faster than 4.6.

i'll say it until i'm blue in the face... Extensions don't matter so much, it's the Frameworks. kexts are just drivers,

and they aren't making drivers for unsupported hobby macs.

using 4.4 Extensions and loving it.

The new extensions were left out of the update for compatibility with the most users systems,and to keep everyones hardware supported and running like it was before the update.

Kernel.Framework was left out for the same reason the mach_kernel was left out.

Then new OpenGl.Framework was left out for compatibility with the most users systems.(I have noticed issues with using old kexts and new opengl frameworks so i left them out)

The new Extensions(drivers) are not that big of a deal,if you want then for yourself,download them and try the out.Whats important are the updates to the apps and frameworks,thats where we will see the improvments to the Os

So I made the update the best way I know how to keep everyones system running well and to give them the most out of this without taking anything away from the next guy's chances to get the update running.

Good Luck

JaS

So I made the update the best way I know how to keep everyones system running well and to give them the most out of this without taking anything away from the next guy's chances to get the update running.

as always, the best work in this community seems to come from your end in the recent months.

many thanks.

so what say you about AMD processor users? you know... the better kind ;)

as always, the best work in this community seems to come from your end in the recent months.

many thanks.

so what say you about AMD processor users? you know... the better kind ;)

Thanks I try bro

About AMD , I am working on it.

Thanks Jasc. Works better then ever! Actually thats a question I have. Did anything change in Rosetta? I honestly haven't seen a difference in my other 2 Power PC apps, but I use Adobe Photo shop elements 4.0 for my quick and dirty day to day image editing and it always took 30-40 seconds to load. Now its up and running in 2 jumps in the doc and 10 seconds from click to finish after loading all the plugins?! Thats awesome. But I didn't read anywhere significant Rosetta improvements. Can anyone else confirm?

osx.jpg