Dell Laptops Post-installer - XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude

sonotone

1,017 posts in this topic

The Media Keys you have don't work with the Vostro 1500. I'm uploading the one that does, in case you feel like updating your program accordingly.

I apologize for not being able to give proper credit for this one. I think I got it from macgirl's thread.

I use the same kext; but also modified to run trackpad scrolling; maybe that's why media keys are not properly working on Vostros.

I'll try to add only ApplePS2controller's modified components and not the entire kext in installer to fix incompatibilities with Vostros.

I use the same kext; but also modified to run trackpad scrolling; maybe that's why media keys are not properly working on Vostros.

I'll try to add only ApplePS2controller's modified components and not the entire kext in installer to fix incompatibilities with Vostros.

The one I uploaded also had 2-finger scrolling, which doesn't work. It's too sensitive.

Applesmbios is fixed; sorry but the app have bugs related with permissions. Even fixing them manually, they are mess up when i lanch the project.

yes thanks sonotone, AppleSMBIOS is fixed :thumbsdown_anim: with the best SMBIOS. few minutes ago, i had troubles with the audio, no sound...and but reinstaling the kext with Taruga 1.20, works, but the script fails i guess.

Recently I found a driver for Yukon 88e8040 Ethernet on FreeBSD. Since BSD and Mac have a lot in common. I am wondering if there is any chance you can add support for the Ethernet. Thanks a lot!

The driver can be downloaded free on www.marvell.com

Thanks again!

sonotone,

Can I add to the suggestion box for your package?

Can you add a SATA fix install? I noticed a SATA fix with the new IATKOS 4.0i release DVD. This will be very helpful for those of us that have problems with SATA and have to boot with -f flag 'fix'. Apparently IATKOS 4.0i fixes this issue from a fresh install. For those of us that don't want to re-install, this would be valuable.

Thanks again for your hard work!

I have a Dell 1525 that I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 with comboupdate 10.5.3. Everything pretty much works (thanks to this post-installer) except ethernet and card reader. However, after I updated to 10.5.4 from Apple (switches to vanilla from sleepkernel), sleep no longer works. The laptop will sleep, but will not wakeup. Sometimes shutdown will not work.

I am wondering if anyone has a similar experience and what they did to fix the problem. The post-installer "sleep for XPS" does look like it is for insprison 1525 (I am not really sure what it does).

1.6 Ghz Dual Core T2330

1390 wireless

9228 Sigmatel sound

Thanks a lot.

I have a Dell 1525 that I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 with comboupdate 10.5.3. Everything pretty much works (thanks to this post-installer) except ethernet and card reader. However, after I updated to 10.5.4 from Apple (switches to vanilla from sleepkernel), sleep no longer works. The laptop will sleep, but will not wakeup. Sometimes shutdown will not work.

I am wondering if anyone has a similar experience and what they did to fix the problem. The post-installer "sleep for XPS" does look like it is for insprison 1525 (I am not really sure what it does).

1.6 Ghz Dual Core T2330

1390 wireless

9228 Sigmatel sound

Thanks a lot.

hmm, i got a inspiron 1525 as well... just upgraded to 10.5.4 sleep/wake is working with vanilla and EFI and even with speedstep kernel (just tested it :D) however, i HAVE known some people with the 1525 who cant get it to sleep/wake... dunno why... exact same setup, but works on some and doesnt work on others...

ethernet, well couldnt find out how to get that to work... same with card reader

my main problem is that the mute patch doesnt enable mute on my laptop :S sound works properly after 10.5.4 update now (didnt work last time i updated)... had to install the power management bundle again, as well as natit and broadcom 43xx enabler from the kalyway install to get wifi working after upgrade...

another prob i face,( which apparantly no one has answered me on the main thread) is that with the two finger scroll hack, tap clicking gets messed up if i sleep/wake :S and remains messed up until, surprizingly, i boot into vista and then back into osx... any idea why that happens?? this is prolly on top of my priority list as i rarely shut down my laptop and just have a habit of putting it to sleep at night :S please help :S

So Im just getting ready to attempt to build my first "hackintosh" on my E1505. I noticed devilhoods thread mentions to use your tool. Is there any documentation for it? For example, which download to I need? I see at least three in the original post. I scanned through this thread, but didnt see anything that explains it. Apologies if Im just missing something obvious!

Thanks a bunch!

Sorry....I'm a big newb at this...but I need some help about something that says..

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/lO80211Family.kext/contents/Plugins/AppleAirportBrcm4311.kext"was installed imporperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

and another...

The system extension "/System/Libray/Extensions/NVinjectGo.kext. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

I would like to install the 1395 wireless card that I have and the 8600 GT video card that I have on my XPS m1530 laptop.

Thanks!

Consider a brand new install. What would be the proper sequence to follow?

A = Kalyway 10.5.2

B = Kalyway 10.5.3 combo updater

C = Apple update to 10.5.4

# = Sonotone's DellLaptopPostInstaller

I'm tempted to do this:

A, #, B, #, C, #

1. Is that overkill on the post-installer? In other words, would A, B, C, # be better?

2. Do I need to remove files from the backups folder between runs of the post-installer?

3. Should I even bother with 10.5.4 yet? Is it too flaky for Hackintosh use yet?

Thank you! :)

Sean

What's the best install sequence?:

A = Kalyway 10.5.2

This post recommends: A', B, #, C

(A' being Kalyway 10.5.1 instead of 10.5.2)

I'm also now thinking of simply:

D = iATKOS v4i

D, #

I just want to say thanks to sonotone and everyone else who has contributed to these posts. After two days of tinkering, I finally have OS X up and running on my Latitude D420. It was by far easier then the half dozen unsucessful installs on my desktop, but now that I'm up and running (Wireless only of course) I can focus on the desktop. I could not find any posts for my model so I used all the Dell posts and took out what I needed.

Thanks again!!! :)

Darkster

Consider a brand new install. What would be the proper sequence to follow?

A = Kalyway 10.5.2

I'm tempted to do this:

A, #, B, #, C, #

1. Is that overkill on the post-installer? In other words, would A, B, C, # be better?

2. Do I need to remove files from the backups folder between runs of the post-installer?

3. Should I even bother with 10.5.4 yet? Is it too flaky for Hackintosh use yet?

Thank you! :(

Sean

10.5.3 update will break some functionnalities. just install package after this update, 10.5.4 is safe.

And you're right, it's better to clear backup folder between runs.

Hi there, I've been reading throughout this thread and I would like to know how to clear the cache for my Dell m1530 laptop...installed with iatkos 2.0

Extensions cache is updated when you install a new kext, but you can force kexts loading by typing -f as boot option.

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/lO80211Family.kext/contents/Plugins/AppleAirportBrcm4311.kext"was installed imporperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

and another...

The system extension "/System/Libray/Extensions/NVinjectGo.kext. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

Use this one: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?y9wdfe1tyxx

So Im just getting ready to attempt to build my first "hackintosh" on my E1505. I noticed devilhoods thread mentions to use your tool. Is there any documentation for it? For example, which download to I need? I see at least three in the original post. I scanned through this thread, but didnt see anything that explains it. Apologies if Im just missing something obvious!

Scan your harware with everest home edition then use related options in installer to get them work.

Can I add to the suggestion box for your package?

Can you add a SATA fix install? I noticed a SATA fix with the new IATKOS 4.0i release DVD. This will be very helpful for those of us that have problems with SATA and have to boot with -f flag 'fix'. Apparently IATKOS 4.0i fixes this issue from a fresh install. For those of us that don't want to re-install, this would be valuable.

I haven't seen dell laptops owners coplaining about SATA issues, but i don't read all topics from this board :( .

If you have more details about this fix and issues, i'm insterested.

Hi there, I've been reading throughout this thread and I would like to know how to clear the cache for my Dell m1530 laptop...installed with iatkos 2.0

Thanks.

Hey - you really should grab OSX86Tools from http://code.google.com/p/osx86tools/downloads/list

It does a lot of this basic stuff without the need for mucking about with the CLI, unless of course you want to muck about... Your troubles in your last post about the system not being able to use the kext are probably due to bad permissions. OSX86Tools can run the permissions repair as well. Good luck.

Hi, Very very sorry for asking noob questions, I know they can be irritating. I have a Dell M1330 with Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5450, 2gb ram, Nvidia 8400gs chipset,Dell Wireless 1390, Sigmatel stac9228, I read many of the posts above and well I'm not extremely familiar with Leopard at all and before I install iATKOS 1.0i, I just wanted to know if this would all work with thos package. I'm assuming I just put this all on the computer and then choose the relevant drivers? again I'm sorry I'm clueless with these things and am probably in over my head lol I just wanted to dual boot my new laptop with vista and leopard lol. Thanks for your time. If you need more information let me know thank you.

Hey - Looks like nobody took mercy on you - you bad, bad noob! Nah, just kidding.

Your Dell M1330 is going to work great. There's a number of people here using those, and the hardware you listed is quite common:

8400m GS: use the NVInstaller 0.52 from Scott Dangel or choose appropriate options from the DellPackage installer.

Dell Wireless 1390: should work OOB, no modifications needed

Sigmatel 9228: just choose the matching driver in DellPackage

I'm running a core of iATKOS 1.0ir2 updated with Kalyway's 10.5.3 and then to 10.5.4 using the vanilla 10.5.4 Combo Updater with the manual instructions you can readily find elsewhere on this forum.

Have fun!

Hi Sonotone,

1) Hey, do you mind adding a package in your post-installer?

I have a Vostro 1400 with ABNT2 keyboard layout (Brazilian Portuguese) and I think having this package directly in your pack would be great!

Plus, I believe I'm not the only one with a Dell made in Brazil. I attached the keyboard-layout to this message just in case.

2) Your post-installer still installs two-fingering with the media-keys?

I remember that when I tried to install my media-keys with your package some kind of preparation for two-finger scrolling came together, and since my laptop is a Vostro, (you know) this mess up with my trackpad. Well, the point is some posts ago I saw you saying you'd remove this, I want to know if you already did it, so I can install the media-keys directly from your package.

Thanks! :-D

Great work on this thread!

Leopard_PS2_ABNT2.pkg.zip