Dell Laptops Post-installer - XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude

sonotone

1,017 posts in this topic

From the package, you have to choose after 10.5.3 update:

-nvinject 8xxx

-sigmatel 9228 (read macgirl thread about it)

-Battery meter (classic)

-2 fingers scrolling "XPS M1530"

- applesmbios (macbook pro)

About kernels, try vanlla's one or Modbin's one with kalyway kernel packages after update.

You can read informations in installer about others kexts.

Good Luck.

Hi Sonotone,

thank you for your suggestions and the DellPackage, which is really cool.

I did an install over an existing system. I removed the extensions folder and the extension.mkext file, installed Kalyway 10.5.2, rebooted, installed 10.5.3, installed the modbin-kernel 10.5.3, rebooted, entered update -v on the boot prompt and after that installed exactly the kexts from the DellPackage 0.3.1 that you mentioned. After the last reboot I have a running system however there is no CI/QE and also there is no audio, not even the audio icon is visible.

Is there a simple solution for this or do I have to try the various combinations of kexts?

Cheers

S.

About graphics: Look in your extensions folder if there is not an old nvinject.kext, nvkush.kext, natit.kext, is there is, remove it.

About sound: this kext is a bit capricious, but it may works after sleep.

Also don't forget to repair permissions, it's an important point.

Hi Sonotone,

thanks, removing the nvinject.kext has activated the graphics with CI/QE. There is still no sound however. I put the machine into sleep mode but it did not wake up so I had to reboot after holding the power button a few seconds.

It seems to me that the touchpad is behaving erratically. Is that related to the 2finger-scrolling?

Cheers

S.

Bigdaddy821: I would like to remenber you few things:

- This is a BETA, so, "theoretically", you are a tester.

- As you guessed, i don't have 15 dells at home for test, that's why i opened this tread, to improve package with constructives feedbacks.

- I'lm not a "service after sale", you're not a client, i'm not payed for it, so don't be hard to please like that.

- Watch your langage, if you think that this installer is {censored}, keep it for you, we are civilized peoples.

- OSX86, especially with laptops, will never be perfect; so if you're not satisfied by kexts provides by the community, feel free to code your own.

I hope you will change your behaviour by discovering what excatly this community is.

Sonotone:

- This is hardly even BETA quality, when most of the package break the keyboard/mouse so that you are left with a system that you can't type on.

- Of course, if you had the 15 Dells to test on, maybe it wouldn't have been that bad. From your signature, you have the Dell 9400, I assume that's the one you test your packages on. Don't you think it is better to advertise your software package as a Dell 9400 package instead of "Dell Laptops post installer, XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude"?

- There is a reason you are not "payed" for it. Since your package is more likely to brick Dell laptops post installation.

- My language is certainly more English than yours. I didn't say {censored}. I said ****. It was civilized enough in my mind.

- OSx86 will never be perfect. My install had mouse/keyboard/ACPI before your package broke it.

I will try to be more civilized.

I'm glad that your computer is working now.

bye.

There is still no sound however. I put the machine into sleep mode but it did not wake up so I had to reboot after holding the power button a few seconds.

It seems to me that the touchpad is behaving erratically. Is that related to the 2finger-scrolling?

About touchpad, 2 fingers sensivity is maybe to high for you. You can edit yours own values (follow link in read). Don't forget to desactivate 2 fingers in system pref.

Try the sleep kext into installer; if it doesn't works, try to use vanilla kernel.

Hey Sonotone!

I saw on macgirl's link that Superhai made a Clamshelldisplay.kext (sleeps the computer when clamshell lid is closed)...Do you plan on adding this to your installer? He mentioned that the Turnlidon.kext 'has been retired'...I am thinking that is the same kext that is in your current installer (O.3.1). Would Clamshelldisplay.kext work well with the m1330's? Nevermind, macgirl answered my question as it works well with the m1330's...can we expect this add on your new installer release?

Thanks again for your assistance and keep up the good work!

Hey Sonetone!

I saw on macgirl's link that Superhai made a Clamshelldisplay.kext (sleeps the computer when clamshell lid is closed)...Do you plan on adding this to your installer? He mentioned that the Turnlidon.kext 'has been retired'...I am thinking that is the same kext that is in your current installer (O.3.1). Would Clamshelldisplay.kext work well with the m1330's? Nevermind, macgirl answered my question as it works well with the m1330's...can we expect this add on your new installer release?

Thanks again for your assistance and keep up the good work!

hi,

Yes of course, thanks to share information.

Sonotone:

- This is hardly even BETA quality, when most of the package break the keyboard/mouse so that you are left with a system that you can't type on.

- Of course, if you had the 15 Dells to test on, maybe it wouldn't have been that bad. From your signature, you have the Dell 9400, I assume that's the one you test your packages on. Don't you think it is better to advertise your software package as a Dell 9400 package instead of "Dell Laptops post installer, XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude"?

- There is a reason you are not "payed" for it. Since your package is more likely to brick Dell laptops post installation.

- My language is certainly more English than yours. I didn't say {censored}. I said ****. It was civilized enough in my mind.

- OSx86 will never be perfect. My install had mouse/keyboard/ACPI before your package broke it.

I will try to be more civilized.

The more you experience OSx86, the more you will realise that things only ever go smoothly if you:

1) Know exactly what your hardware is

2) Know how compatible your hardware is with currently available patches

3) Know which patches have already been applied, if any, based on the installation disc you are using

4) Have been through the whole trial and error fun that can be had with a hackintosh machine :P

Critisising Sonotone's package isn't going to 'fix' your machine, you're better off learning why his package caused your keyboard/mouse to stop working in the first place.

Building and installing a hackintosh system can be frustrating, but it is a positive learning experience once you have got things up and running.

Sonotone, I intend on giving your package a whirl once I recieve my new M1530 next week wednesday :P

Well, I see that my post got edited for "rants off" reasons. Obviously whoever edited it don't understand the first amendment: the freedom of speech. Even though the portion I said was the perfect truth. We are a bunch of poor ass pirates who don't feel like paying for OSX is the right way to go. I admit that myself. Why can't the admins see that too?

Now go edit this post too. I don't care. Sometimes you are viewed the devil when you warn people about things that are against the creator's will. Install this package and get a bricked dell laptop.

Yea I am wondering the same thing, I tried installing SuperHai's Clamshell kext but it did not work and the lid didnt allow the laptop to sleep, maybe if it is added via your installer or something... either way def appreciate the support and updates!

Although what would be the best update would be a shudown/restart fix (not to be demanding or anything :lol:)

About clamshelldisplay, It's already done, with dell wireless 1395 and WWAN support, i just need to finish editing nvinject 0.21 for laptops, and it will be done.

But in France we have this event, each 21 of June, called "fête de la musique (music party)" when everybody plays music everywhere (streets, bars, clubs....) all night long.

I will play with some friends, so next build will comes in few days... :)

Hi Sonotone, i have Dell Inspiron 9400 with:

PROCESSOR T7200, 2.0, 4MB,

GRAPHICS Nvidea 256MB, Gt7900

DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE, 3GB, 667,

HARD DRIVE, 100G, 9.5, 7.2, Serial ATA

CARD NETWORK., MINICARD..., 3945ULD

WIRELESS BLUETOOTH 355,

NETWORK LAN BRADCOM 10/100

Kalyway 10.5.2 Work Fine

Ples Help to Install Combo update Kalyway 10.5.3 and what pakaget install of yours

Sorry for may english.

Sound (9228) Graphics, SMBios - Macbook Pro, and battery meter work awesome on M1330 with 10.5.3 and vanilla kernel 9.3.0.

How about implementing Fingerprint reader by UPEK into the installer? I know they have version 1.1 out for mac right now. Any way to put that pkg into the installer?

How about implementing Fingerprint reader by UPEK into the installer? I know they have version 1.1 out for mac right now. Any way to put that pkg into the installer?

I don't think so, because first, it's a commercial program, and Protector Suite is really to heavy for this package (almost 50mb).

Hey sonotone, thanks for the updates as well as the Dell 1395 quick fix will save me a lot of trouble adding my device to the kext file.

Anyways just wanted to know if this release includes Macnub's 10.5.3 AppleSMBios 28 ? Or just his previous one?

I'm using Dell XPS M1330

After installed, the system restarted.

At boot screen, nothing happen.

The message is "Waiting for root device"

And soon, "Still waiting for root device"

How can i roll back?

Hi Sonotone install only audio en now i have dificult for no suthdown complet

Yes, you can have this issue with this kext.

Try theses: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=17891

(don't forget to remove HDAEnabler.kext in extentions folder).

Anyways just wanted to know if this release includes Macnub's 10.5.3 AppleSMBios 28 ? Or just his previous one?

Actually, i use Chun-Nan applesmbiosefi in installer, and i don't plan to include Macnub's one.

I'm using Dell XPS M1330

After installed, the system restarted.

At boot screen, nothing happen.

The message is "Waiting for root device"

And soon, "Still waiting for root device"

How can i roll back?

What have you installed?

First of all,

thanks for the package.

Just a minor problem..It just keeps telling me to restart when I get to the White screen with the apple logo and a loading sign.

Ive restarted several times and its still prompting me to restart..

Did i do anything incorrectly?

Thanks,

brian