Dell Laptops Post-installer - XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude

sonotone

1,017 posts in this topic

@ sonotoneWhy are you saying that it's your find?

You already know that trick was found by Paulicat on this topic http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...st&p=769614 (he is the first to mention coolbook app for throttling)

Anyway, mute should works also for you.

I dont mind if you think like that

I did mentioned it on a post a day b4

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=768373

Anyway what really matters is that people can have speedstep with vanilla kernel which benefits us all

Regards

Anyway what really matters is that people can have speedstep with vanilla kernel which benefits us all

Yes, this is a very cool stuff for ours laptops, speedstep is more efficient than the old speedstepkernel, and we keep sleep ability; essential to properly activate both cores on my old inspiron...

But i hope someone will find the way to get coolbook works with stock smbios and smbios injectors.

Sonotone,

not sure what i'm doing wrong here but after installing the battery part of the installer I keep getting a "The system extension"/System/Library/Extensions/ACPIBattery.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling i, or contact the products vendor for an update"

any words of wisdom? I used the latest version... laptop in sig.

hii!! :D my dell inspiron dont work ATI Radeon 1400 i have black screen, please help me

my system its:

Machine Name: Mac

Machine Model: MP061

Processor Name: Genuine Intel® CPU T2250 @

Processor Speed: 1.73 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB

Processor Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON EST TM2 TPR PDCM

Memory: 2.5 GB

Bus Speed: 533 MHz

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7145

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1152 x 864

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

System Power Settings:

AC Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Sleep On Power Button: Yes

Automatic Restart On Power Loss: No

Wake On Clamshell Open: Yes

Battery Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 2

Sleep On Power Button: Yes

Wake On Clamshell Open: Yes

Hardware Configuration:

UPS Installed: No

15:52 up 21 mins, 1 user, load averages: 0.71 0.65 0.41

isasaas console Jul 1 15:32

Login Name: isasaas

uid=501(isasaas) gid=20(staff) groups=20(staff),98(_lpadmin),81(_appserveradm),101(com.apple.sharepoint.group.1

,79(_appserverusr),80(admin)

Home Directory: /Users/isasaas

isa-saass-mp061-erface.local

i386

MP061

Mach kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.2: Tue Mar 4 21:17:34 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.4.31~1/RELEASE_I386

Kernel configured for a single processor only.

1 processor is physically available.

1 processor is logically available.

Processor type: i486 (Intel 80486)

Processor active: 0

Primary memory available: 2.50 gigabytes

Default processor set: 49 tasks, 200 threads, 1 processors

Load average: 0.32, Mach factor: 0.88

Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on

/dev/disk0s3 17Gi 12Gi 4.6Gi 72% /

devfs 107Ki 107Ki 0Bi 100% /dev

fdesc 1.0Ki 1.0Ki 0Bi 100% /dev

map -hosts 0Bi 0Bi 0Bi 100% /net

map auto_home 0Bi 0Bi 0Bi 100% /home

/dev/disk0s2 53Gi 47Gi 6.5Gi 88% /Volumes/Untitled

/dev/disk1 7.2Gi 7.2Gi 0Bi 100% /Volumes/HELLBOY

/dev/disk2s2 269Mi 208Mi 61Mi 77% /Volumes/Aperture Trial 2.1

Mach Virtual Memory Statistics: (page size of 4096 bytes)

Pages free: 481600.

Pages active: 109868.

Pages inactive: 25247.

Pages wired down: 32097.

"Translation faults": 2682859.

Pages copy-on-write: 73292.

Pages zero filled: 1863854.

Pages reactivated: 0.

Pageins: 49120.

Pageouts: 0.

Object cache: 18631 hits of 36092 lookups (51% hit rate)

Swapfiles: 1

Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C7010)

Leopard Cache Cleaner Version: 4012

[quote name='Hi, I have a Dell XPS M1730, I was able to get the OS 10.5.3 running with a nice resolution (1900x1200), the wireless Intel wireless 4965 seems to work (detects wireless networks available) but have not try to connect to any (they were all protected, will try later at home) but I am missing sound, and the broadcom netxtreme gigabit ethernet. (sound and internal cable nic not working)

can any body help? any other sucess on XPS installations?

by the way, I am dual booting between vista32bit and mac os 10.5.3

Thanks!

Angel

I have XPS m1530 with intel 4965 AGN wireless card.Pls tell me "how did work your wireless card? Which kext did u use for this?" I tried iwiki 4965.In Utilities installing Network Finder App..When i was worked it, it finds wireless networks but i couldn't connect to anyone and airpot doesn't work.My ethernet card is Marwell Yukon 80E8040 and it doesn't work too.Pls help me.I am a newbie for MacOSX

I used your package on my Vostro 1500, and it worked, with some qualifications:

I didn't need graphics, I used the package that comes with the iATKOS 4 dvd.

Stac9205 worked wonderfully

I didn't try the SMBIOS (I don't know what the point is)

I did Battery meter. It works.

I didn't do sleep for XPS. Should I try it?

I didn't do ClamShellDisplay. I turned Sleep all the way off.

Network, I didn't need 440x because it's on the DVD. The Dell 1395 fix went perfectly.

No need for Keyboard Layouts.

2-Fingers Scrolling: This one worked once I rebooted, BUT it didn't work well, and I didn't see how to adjust the sensitivity. It was going everywhere. I went to the 2-finger scrolling thread, and couldn't see how to do the adjustments based on that. Am I missing something?

Media keys: Mute works now, but I didn't get anything from the Play, Next, Prev, or Stop buttons.

CoolBook/SpeedStep, I haven't tried this one. I'm still debating. SpeedStep isn't something I'm serious about yet.

If there's any more info you need I'll be happy to help. From what I can tell, I'm the only Vostro 1500 user on this thread, and I'll test anything you want.

P.S.: Thanks for building this, and especially for the backup feature.

Descalzo: Thanks for details.

-Trackpad scrolling is actually not working with Vostros

-Media keys enabler works in association with Butler app. In /DellLaptops/ folder, double click on file Configuration.bulteritems, overwrite previous settings and it should works (configuration file still need to be personalized)

-I actually don't know if the sleep kext will perfectly works with your Laptop, it's also depending of your installed Kernel.

cenkadmin: There is no working kexts for the 4965 wireless card.

Descalzo: Thanks for details.

-Trackpad scrolling is actually not working with Vostros

-Media keys enabler works in association with Butler app. In /DellLaptops/ folder, double click on file Configuration.bulteritems, overwrite previous settings and it should works (configuration file still need to be personalized)

-I actually don't know if the sleep kext will perfectly works with your Laptop, it's also depending of your installed Kernel.

cenkadmin: There is no working kexts for the 4965 wireless card.

no the sleep does not work it messes with the restart where restart just hangs with m1330

with iATKOS_4i

Sonotone,

I noticed some problems with the graphics, like the screensaver was pretty slow and stuff like that, so I removed the NVInject.kext from the DVD and used the one from your package. Yours is better.

I also noticed that the audio doesn't cause reboot problems like I thought it did.

Finally, the 2-finger scrolling:

It worked, it was just hyper-sensitive, and I couldn't see how to adjust the sensitivity. So I guess I'm saying it worked, but it didn't work. :)

i just used the post-installer

the first time, i installed the sound and few other drivers (no wifi)

booted, logged in, works fine, except screen resolution stuck at 1024x768, i added 1440x900 to the com.apple.boot.list, restarted nothing happened

so i ran the post-installer again to install the video driver -> 950

restarted, and i get a stuck screen at after the os loads, then i booted with -v and it hangs on this line: airport_brcm43xx: ethernet address: (mac address)

now i got this before and i did a fresh install, the first time i thought when i used the post-install, i had the wifi driver checked off and i thought there was a conflict, but now it doesnt seem so

how do i fix this?

EDIT: But i do need other drivers than the ones in the packages... I have a Dell XPS M2010 which has...

CPU: "Core 2 Duo T5600"

Graphics: "256MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1800"

Wireless Internet: "Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N"

Sound: "Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD"

I have it up and running just fine but I need those drivers or if i can just install certain ones out of those packages then tell me which ones.

Thanks ALOT!

i just used the post-installer

the first time, i installed the sound and few other drivers (no wifi)

booted, logged in, works fine, except screen resolution stuck at 1024x768, i added 1440x900 to the com.apple.boot.list, restarted nothing happened

so i ran the post-installer again to install the video driver -> 950

restarted, and i get a stuck screen at after the os loads, then i booted with -v and it hangs on this line: airport_brcm43xx: ethernet address: (mac address)

now i got this before and i did a fresh install, the first time i thought when i used the post-install, i had the wifi driver checked off and i thought there was a conflict, but now it doesnt seem so

how do i fix this?

I found why you get a black screen. Use kext below.

i'll update package as soon as possible.

EDIT: But i do need other drivers than the ones in the packages... I have a Dell XPS M2010 which has...

Humm, an exotic one ;)

Take a look on this topic for graphics: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=33007

No hopes about wireless; sound i'm not optimist.

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.zip

i just avoided the hassle and just reinstalled the os

i tried your latest package;

there was something wrong with the applesmbios - error was that it was installed improperly, go reinstall it

also, something was wrong with the 9200 sound - it was muted and couldnt change it

reinstalled with .3.3 worked fine on both cases

i have a trouble with AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext, i only choose clam shell and 9200 audio for inspiron 9400. before restart, appears this message.

the warning says : "System Extension Cannot Be Used, the system extension "/system/library/extensions/AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used

i just avoided the hassle and just reinstalled the os

i tried your latest package;

there was something wrong with the applesmbios - error was that it was installed improperly, go reinstall it

also, something was wrong with the 9200 sound - it was muted and couldnt change it

reinstalled with .3.3 worked fine on both cases

i have a trouble with AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext, i only choose clam shell and 9200 audio for inspiron 9400. before restart, appears this message.

the warning says : "System Extension Cannot Be Used, the system extension "/system/library/extensions/AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used

Applesmbios is fixed; sorry but the app have bugs related with permissions. Even fixing them manually, they are mess up when i lanch the project.

Hi, Very very sorry for asking noob questions, I know they can be irritating. I have a Dell M1330 with Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5450, 2gb ram, Nvidia 8400gs chipset,Dell Wireless 1390, Sigmatel stac9228, I read many of the posts above and well I'm not extremely familiar with Leopard at all and before I install iATKOS 1.0i, I just wanted to know if this would all work with thos package. I'm assuming I just put this all on the computer and then choose the relevant drivers? again I'm sorry I'm clueless with these things and am probably in over my head lol I just wanted to dual boot my new laptop with vista and leopard lol. Thanks for your time. If you need more information let me know thank you.