Dell Laptops Post-installer - XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude

sonotone

1,017 posts in this topic

Thanks sonotone, i could solve doing as you told me before and trying de apple hda patcher from taruga, and now the only thing that it doesnt work its shutdown and restart (due a nvinject 0.2.1), the internal mic (could you think it maybe the webcam driver could solve this issue) and wifi (im on the look for dell 1390 or similar).

May i ask you if there is anyway to make the multimedia keys enabled without {censored} my keyboard? i ve tried almost everysingle step and driver on mi inspiron 1720 and i had to restart the installation...

thanks

Here I am again.

So I went with 1.2 version and, after much trial&error I managed to get most of it to work.

Main issues that remain, I hope someone can give a clue:

- Reboot, shutdown & sleep don't work after I installed sound. Installing the AppleHDA shutdown fix didn't help.

- Graphics work at native res. (1440x900) but I have no QE/CI (which means no accel. right?)

- The one that bothers me the most: My hard drive is acting up a bit. It seems to 'freeze' every now and then. Seems to happen more when doing disk intensive operations (i.e. copying), and usually lasts for about 15/20 secs. then keeps going normally. I have noticed a 'parking' noise when the freeze happens (like if the heads were parked for a while, then unparked, I hope you know what I mean). This is really annoying and makes my whole installation kinda useless and slow. I really hope somebody heard of a solution.

Some info about my hardware:

Dell Inspiron 1520 installed through Kalyway 10.5.2 and updated to 10.5.3 with his update pack.

Intel Core2Duo T7100 processors @ 1.80 GHz

Video: GeForce 8600M GT 512Mb

HD: Toshiba MK1637GS

Audio: Sigmatel STAC9205

Thanks for the great work. I hope you can help me in my quest for an MS-free lappy. :unsure:

See ya.

Thanks for your installer.

I have a Dell Vostro 1310 13,3"

4 GB

250GB HD

8400GS 128MB Nvdia card

1505 Wireless

360 Dell BT

965m chipset

But i can not get to work 100%

I did the following installs

iAtkos v4 with PS/2 patch Ahci, Platform patch, vanilla 9.4 kernel, SATA Drivers

Then i install NVinstaller 0.52 and Targua ALC268 patcher and HDA kext.

I did similar installs iDeneb with iDeneb.

Under 10.5.4 i need all these fixes to have it starting and have KB and Trackpack working.

I also tried retail vanilla installation (installed from external USB OSX).

Updated to 10.5.4 (also from external runned system)

Installed post patch.sh with ACPI fix.

Istalled PS2Fix1054

Installed NVinstaller

installed chameleon

Booted system, installed sound Targua for alc268

My installs seems to work, but have no speedstep, sleep, battery meter etc.

so i then install your 1.2 Package to get these things working.

with

Speedstep enabler

Battery Meter

Lid slepp

USB EHCI sleep enabler

Aplle HDA shutdown fix

After that sleep and speedstep work but my USB doesnt work anymore.

If i then install a USB driver from OSX86Tools the installtion wont start anymore.

There is areal conflict under 10.5.4 with your sleep enabler in every install i did?

Can you help me?

Also i did not had any succes with your coolbook SMBios.kexts, they dont seem to work with my config, (i never had coolbook working even with patching coolbook.kext).

If get my USB problem resolved and your Sleep enabler runnig, i will get a almost perfect Hackintosh (with speedstep 2.30 hours runtime, maybe doubble in Windows, but not that bad).

Your USB EHCI Sleep enabler seems to have real problems with USB support on my 1310 under 10.5.4

Hi guys,

Great work Sonotone and community ! thanks a lot ! I got everything work except the graphic cards / sleep.

I'm running a m1530 (iatkos 4i 10.5.4) with a 8600M GT but mac is detecting my graphic card as a 7300GS...

I selected nvidia 256mb and 8600 GT.

Thanks

OK, I've just take a look onto the package and it seem's that files are mixed (a bug of packagemaker i guess...)

So, before i update the packege with correct values, you have to choise the 7300 to display your 8600...

goofy:

take a look on Superhai forum (the developper of the sleep kext):

http://www.superhai.com/forum/

You also can restore your old kext and try a different kernel (like modbin...) to enable sleep.

chopsueysensei:

QE/CI should work with this kext, i don't know why it's not working for you.

thanks sonotone.

I will look on Superhai forum.

I got the old kext restored when i isntall USB driver with OSX86Tools ?, this is working now, but i have only one thing working on my Vostro 1310, Sleep or USB but not both.

Or which kext should i restore to get USB working and STILL have SLEEP?

I tried to kayway 10.5.2 but there i also have problems (sleep enabler did not work).

Anyone with a Vostro 1310 who got it all working (exept shutdown) can give me some tips what to install (see my config above)?

Merci Sonotone,

I Finally find a way to change it but QE is not supported.

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT:

Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0407

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: 3175

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

as far as i read in the superhai forum the only thing i found was the "enable Sleep Enhancer Fix tips" but i did those before and they did not help.???

I also tried modbin kernel with 10.5.4 instead of Vanilla, but it also dont work, same result as with vanilla, also tried the kernel from your installer.

Hey Vostro Users what you did to install osx and get it almost fully working?

I installed too much in the last days dont know where my had is at the moment (my Head need a boot cache reset).

But i read some people have their Vostros running completly (only shutdown not working) and will get there too.

OK, I've just take a look onto the package and it seem's that files are mixed (a bug of packagemaker i guess...)

So, before i update the packege with correct values, you have to choise the 7300 to display your 8600...

Certainly that could be the reason why I don't have QE/CI. I did your install using the '512Mb' option since the specific one for my 8600 didn't work. I will definitely give it a try selecting '7300' when I get home. Do I have to select both '512Mb' and '7300' or only '7300'?

Thanks!

Ok i understood....

You have to specify first the VRAM (256 or 512) and then (or not) the model (this part is purely cosmetic as it's wrote in installer).

So, go to your extension folderr then manualy remove nvinject (and look if there is not an info.plist lost somewhere in extensions folder).

Ok i understood....

You have to specify first the VRAM (256 or 512) and then (or not) the model (this part is purely cosmetic as it's wrote in installer).

So, go to your extension folderr then manualy remove nvinject (and look if there is not an info.plist lost somewhere in extensions folder).

So I should have the same performance that I had with my previous 7300 GS installation ? :D

As soon as I come back to home I will try to remove nvinject and info.plist and re-install your package.

Merci Sonotone .. vraiment j'apprécie ton excellent travail.

Et dit moi .. il y a-t-il possibilité d'avoir un dual boot en GUID (vista SP1 / os x 10.5.4) fonctionnel afin de pouvoir utilisé le EFI ?

Si oui quel guide me suggère tu pour mon xps 1530 ? présentement j'utilise l'excellent guide de devil hood en MBR mais j'aimerais bien obtenir de meilleur performance à l'aide du EFI. De plus est ce qu'il existe d'autre ajout que je pourrais faire à mon installation de OS x afin de le rendre plus performant ?

Pour ton info le sleep marche parfaitement, les media keys aussi saufe le mute. par contre, j'ai des petit trouble a comprend le two fingers et parfois après un sleep ma souris déconne quelques minutes.

Sorry guys for the french words. :P

And now that 10.5.5 is out...first...we have to see who is able to install it without a problem....

Then....

Sonotone.......

If there is a new kernel are you going to put a new duo core fixed kernel in the package for it?

Tried and Ok:

- control if you have IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext installed, or install it.

- backup your AppleHDAKext (if you use the shutdownfix, just clear out contents of AppleHDA.kext after update process)

- Backup your system.kext and your 9.4 kernel, you have to reinstall both to keep your 2 cores running.

We have to wait sources before to patch the 9.5 kernel. You can run the 9.4 with 10.5.5.

I'll update soon package to fix video model mess and maybe add IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext and futur 9.5 patched kernel.

haccord:

Actually, our PC are using "fake" EFI, not the real one, so you don't need a GUID partition table to install OSX. But this will be needed if you install OSX from Retail DVD with DFE boot. I'm not sure but i think Macgirl made a thread about XP/OSX dual boot on GUID partition table.

If you want to use media key you need to launch butler (take a look on readme).

thnx sonotone your installer fixed my battery meter without any hassle. i still have a few problems and wondered if one of the install options will fix that:

when i close the lid the screen automaticly turns off (the system doesnt go to sleep), but when i open up the screen stays black. will any of those "Lid Sleep" install options fix this?

Does anyone know if the Inspiron 9400 trackpad 2 finger scroll install will work on my Inspiron 640m/E1405 ?

btw my BIOS says I have the Sigmatel 9200 soundcard, but the headfones didnt work (laptop speakers did), system prefs said there was no audio device installed so I installed the Sigmatel 9200 option from your install pack, but this actually made my sound stop working completely. After that I did the drag stac9200 text file over the applepatch proggie thing and that fixed everything.

My specs:

specs:

Dell 640m (apperantly also known as E1405)

Processor Core Duo

Processor speed 1.66GHz

Centrino Yes

RAM 1024 MB

Sigmatel 9200

Graphics hardware Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900

(screen properties says: Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset)

Thanks sonotone for the installer. I have an E1705 1.83 Mhz Core Due (both cores woking), Dell BT 350 (now working in 10.5.4), Sig 9200 audio (working with your fix), USB (working now - not in 10.5.3), GeForce 7800 Go (working, recognized as 7950 GTX), Broadcom wireless and wired (both working), Shutdown fixed with HDA shutdown fix, EFI.V80 - shows up as Mac Pro/MacPro3.1.

I installed with Kalyway 10.5.2, Kalyway 10.5.3 updater, and 10.5.4 from Apple. Patched with your software installer in 10.5.2 to get everything working, then 10.5.3 - BT was not pairing with my mouse, and finally with 10.5.4 everything working except sleep mode.

When the computer goes into sleep mode, it starts to sleep (either with closing cover or straight sleep) and after about 10 sec. is automatically comes out of sleep. Any one having a similar problem and have a fix?

Thanks again for easy to use tool.

Hi,

First of all thank you for your excellent package.

I am having a little issue everytime i install your package the screen become grey asking me to restart the computer.

When i do so the computer is really really slow (it takes 10 min to boot) and even to launch application it takes 2 or 3 minutes.

The only way i have found to fix this is to format and reinstall everything.

Can someone help me ?

I have an XPS M1330 with the 10.5.4 iAtkos v4i

Thanks

Tried and Ok:

- control if you have IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext installed, or install it.

- backup your AppleHDAKext (if you use the shutdownfix, just clear out contents of AppleHDA.kext after update process)

- Backup your system.kext and your 9.4 kernel, you have to reinstall both to keep your 2 cores running.

We have to wait sources before to patch the 9.5 kernel. You can run the 9.4 with 10.5.5.

I'll update soon package to fix video model mess and maybe add IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext and futur 9.5 patched kernel.

haccord:

Actually, our PC are using "fake" EFI, not the real one, so you don't need a GUID partition table to install OSX. But this will be needed if you install OSX from Retail DVD with DFE boot. I'm not sure but i think Macgirl made a thread about XP/OSX dual boot on GUID partition table.

If you want to use media key you need to launch butler (take a look on readme).

I'll probably just wait on a kalyway update pack or something. And a new 9.5 kernel. Unless there is a direct need for me to upgrade.

Did this actually take care of anything for anyone?

When the computer goes into sleep mode, it starts to sleep (either with closing cover or straight sleep) and after about 10 sec. is automatically comes out of sleep. Any one having a similar problem and have a fix?

Did you install the EHCISleepEnabler.kext? That usually means EHCI USB is waking the system up. That kext is in Sonotone's installer.

I'm running 10.5.5 right now and it works just fine (except for, as usual for me, sleep since my system only wakes up about 1 in 20 times. I can't figure out what is special about those scenarios). I experienced no problems during the upgrade.

Lastly, that HDA shutdown fix does not work for me on either battery or plugged in.

Did you install the EHCISleepEnabler.kext? That usually means EHCI USB is waking the system up. That kext is in Sonotone's installer.

I'm running 10.5.5 right now and it works just fine (except for, as usual for me, sleep since my system only wakes up about 1 in 20 times. I can't figure out what is special about those scenarios). I experienced no problems during the upgrade.

Lastly, that HDA shutdown fix does not work for me on either battery or plugged in.

Yes, I did install EHCISleepEnabler.kext, didn't know what it did exactly. I didn't have USB functionality in 10.5.3, but I do in 10.5.4 and thought that was my fix. How do you remove that kext? I will try it and see if it fixes the problem.

Have the same problem... When I'm installing the driver included on last release(1.20) my hackintosh doesn't turn off.

btw, I have another problem with the sound driver for STAC9200... I'm still using the Taruga stac9200.txt + HDAPatcher1.20, because when I using sonotone's driver, the boot time takes too long(near 14-18 minutes)... So I have to delete the Extensions, delete the HDAXXX folder from /Library/StartupItems in single mode session, rebooting and the boot time backs to normal(40 secs)

now I want to collaborate with you guys... I have a inspiron 9400 with stac9200, geforce 7800 256Mb, core 2 duo T7200, etc... so if you want to test something, you can count with me. Also, I can give support to insanelymac's users who doesn't speak english.

Regards,

Elias