Dell Laptops Post-installer - XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Lattitude

sonotone

1,017 posts in this topic

Hey Sonotone!

Hope everything is well. How hard would it be to add on your installer for .icc files (for optimal display calibration settings) for different models? I have a m1330 LCD

System Preferences->Displays->Color->(profiles)

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I have a suggestion - add drivers for the Dell Inspiron 1520 Internal Microphone

and have better drivers for the web cam. Also can some one fix the Sleep/Shutdown

and restart areas - If there is a solution for this could some recommend it to me?

Kind Regards

Reece

Hey Sonotone!

Hope everything is well. How hard would it be to add on your installer for .icc files (for optimal display calibration settings) for different models? I have a m1330 LCD

System Preferences->Displays->Color->(profiles)

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Yes why not, good idea! Even if "optimal calibration" may be different for each user. And also i have to look if dell use same panels for same resolution on different laptops, and witch ones. )

You can send me yours, and if anybody wants upload this file for others laptops, your're welcome!

Hi Guys,

I have a suggestion - add drivers for the Dell Inspiron 1520 Internal Microphone

and have better drivers for the web cam. Also can some one fix the Sleep/Shutdown

and restart areas - If there is a solution for this could some recommend it to me?

Kind Regards

Reece

About sound, you have to wait for next taruga patcher, or someone who wants to tweak it.

Sleep depends of kernel, if you want to get it works, use Apple Stock kernel or simply (sleepkernel). Shutdown/restart issues are connected to many differents reasons (sound patch, video drivers...etc).

Yes why not, good idea! Even if "optimal calibration" may be different for each user. And also i have to look if dell use same panels for same resolution on different laptops, and witch ones. )

You can send me yours, and if anybody wants upload this file for others laptops, your're welcome!

Here's mine for m1330 LED/LCD. See attached.

Who here owns a Macbook (real) that can upload their Default ICI file (for comparison)? Any help is appreciated.

Couldn't wait. Got the ICI file for from a real Macbook (virgin). See attached for all those interested.

Thanks!

ColorLCD42716C0icc.zip

Hey Sonotone,

Having some problems with v0.32. I`ve installed Audio Sigmatel 9205 and Sleep Lid. Restarted. Booted with -v, shows no errors. When it gets to load OSx, it stays in a blue screen with only the cursor showing. The cursor moves, etc, but nothing else happens or shows. Funny, because I didn`t installed the Graphics, since it was working from the beginning with full QE/CI.

Any thoughts?

iATKOS v2.0i - Darwin X86 MBR (Non-EFI) with Toth Kernel 9.2.0, AppleSMBIOS netkas, RemoveThermal kext, Nvinject (128MB), Intel Sata and Broadcom 440x.

The v0.31 worked for me, but as I recall, if was on an installation with EFI. Maybe that`s the problem?

**********************************EDIT**************************************

Seems like that may be the problem. Tried v0.31 on a Non-EFI installation and the same problem occurred. Will try now installing the EFIv8. Will be back soon for updates.

----

Well, installing with EFI gives a lot more troubles... BUT, after using your installer, I have Wifi working (have to clear caches), Sound Working and Sleep Working. Now, it only lacks a shutdown/restart, but for now I can live with that.

Thanks!!

----

Another EDIT: Well, there`s seem to be something with my hardware, don`t know. But after I install wireless in EFI, my keyboard and trackpad stops working. Guess there`s no much to do then.

**********************************EDIT**************************************

Hey sonotone,

I used the applehda audio patcher program that was on this forum, however now my "mute" doesnt work, and even if i reduce volume to 0 i can still hear the sound. Any solutions?

Solution is to use tbcarey's tweaked kexts (link few posts above) if you have a sigmatel 9200.

Sound is not completly supported with Taruga patcher, and mute or shutdown problems have no soutions until next update of taruga's patcher (as we hope).

dont work ati 1400 ;) ;) i have black scree

Post details please, about your system installed and your laptop.

Hello ,

something about latitude D620,

i have not network card detected and wireless also card not detected.

thank for your job

Actually, there is no drivers for your network part.

Sonotone,

My Keyboard has stopped working after the post installer, any suggestions how to re-enable it?

Read below to see my install process:

After Installing iATKOS 2.0i,

I used build Build 0.32 of your Post-installer and only selected

• ClamshellDisplay
  • Battery Meter (Kalyway version)

Thanks!

Sonotone,

My Keyboard has stopped working after the post installer, any suggestions how to re-enable it?

Read below to see my install process:

After Installing iATKOS 2.0i [...] Battery Meter (Kalyway version)

Thanks!

Why using kalyway version instead of Iatkos one?

I've made these categories to prevent that kind of issue, cause distribs sometimes need different AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

Just reinstall your old AppleACPIPlatform.kext from backup folder. Battery meter and keyboard should works on next reboot.

Why using kalyway version instead of Iatkos one?

I've made these categories to prevent that kind of issue, cause distribs sometimes need different AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

Just reinstall your old AppleACPIPlatform.kext from backup folder. Battery meter and keyboard should works on next reboot.

I used Kalyway version due to this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...400#entry792546

I will try reverting tonight after work.

Thanks

Well, I had similar problems. May I ask something? after using the installer and rebooting it will stay on the desktop, but without anything but the blue screen and mouse cursor. My audio don`t work either. Rebooted several times, made sleep work, etc and nothing. If I try to install another patch I think that causes the system to stall on this desktop without icons and stuff.

sonotone I got the same issue aswell. The keyboard and the synaptic mouse pad don't seem to work no more..:(. I tried replacing the ApplePs2 kext but still nothing. All I did was replace the ACPI kext from macgirls thread to get the battery icon working and I guess that must have broken the whole thing. Where can I get the original ACPI kext.

I have iATOKs v2.0 installed.

thanks.

Sonotone,

I reverted and keyboard came back, so I installed the iATKOS version of the battery enabler keyboard is working but there is no option to show the battery meter in System Preferances with this version. Is there some other dependency?

Thanks.

Sonotone,

I reverted and keyboard came back, so I installed the iATKOS version of the battery enabler keyboard is working but there is no option to show the battery meter in System Preferances with this version. Is there some other dependency?

Thanks.

Nope, repair permissions or check again energy saver pref pane. If it's works for others, it should works for you!

sonotone I got the same issue aswell. The keyboard and the synaptic mouse pad don't seem to work no more... I tried replacing the ApplePs2 kext but still nothing. All I did was replace the ACPI kext from macgirls thread to get the battery icon working and I guess that must have broken the whole thing. Where can I get the original ACPI kext.

I have iATOKs v2.0 installed.

thanks.

Don't use KALYWAY version with IATKOS distrib!!

I though it was clear enought when i made it...

So, your old one is in backup folder, /DellLaptop/Backup/

Nope, repair permissions or check again energy saver pref pane. If it's works for others, it should works for you!

Tried repairing permissions, and using the post-installer to reinstall the iATKOS versions again just for good measure, but battery meter still not working on my system and no option for it in energy saver prefs.

Battery meter only shows for me if I install non-EFI, then it shows OTB. Or if I choose the classic meter and not the iATKOS one. Don't know why, but with the iATKOS (and I installed iATKOS v2.0i) don't show the battery meter for me.

And of course, if you install both, keyboard and trackpad are gone.

Hi Sonotone I installed your dell package 033 yesterday because I wanted battery icon and also I reinstalled sound 9200 to see if mic was working.

these are the only 2 packages I selected but now when i shut down I get the famous screen you need to restart your computer.

I reinstalled old kexts but still have the same problem.

Any ideas ????? PS I am running 10.5.4

Regards :unsure: